3rd Time's the Charm!? A 2014 PTR *NEW 11/21!*

Thanks for all of the love and support. It was a tough day, but I am kind of relieved to have it behind me now.

I took the weekend off from work - partly because of Thursday (and not knowing how I would react) and partly because we had a bunch of things to do. I rarely get weekends off, and I hate working on the weekend. I think that those days should be spent with family. So that is exactly what I did this weekend!

DH and I went to a stag and doe for his cousin

And both of my brothers had baseball, so I watched some of that (with Scarlett, of course)

My little brother slept over Sunday night because I had to take him to the doctors yesterday, so I got to spend lots of time with him! Scarlett was tired out from all of the fun

My mom went to WDW from Thursday to Monday (lucky lady!!) So she was home last night, and we all went out for dinner. She surprised me by bringing me back a few souvenirs…

She got me the mug and tea pot that go with the rest of the Disney kitchen items that I have. An a beautiful Thomas Kinkade puzzle! Needless to say, I was thrilled!! I am quite lucky to have such a wonderful mom :goodvibes

Okay, I am going to try once again to get my DHS plans updated now!

I got my income tax return and currently have more than enough money in the bank for this trip that DH and I want to take, but I can't in good conscience book a trip without having a more stable job. I've had a couple of good interviews (although no jobs) so I am hoping that if I keep pushing something good will come my way real soon and we can get some dates nailed down for this trip!

Anyway, DHS!

The Magic of Disney Animation
I absolutely love the drawing class. It is such a unique experience. I try to go at least once a trip. So far, I haven't doubled up on any characters!

The Great Movie Ride
This is a classic favourite that we do on every trip. I seem to always get the gangster scene though, maybe next time I can see the cowboy one!

TSM!
While I don't go crazy over this ride like many other people do, I do really enjoy it and would like to go on it at least once. We got the Wii game for my brother for Christmas, so I've practiced up a bit!

One Man's Dream
I love learning about Walt and what he accomplished. There is a lot to see inside this attraction so I would like to go in again.

Osborne Lights
If we decide to take our trip in December, this is a MUST DO. DH has never been at Christmas, and I loved the lights so much, I can't wait to see them again. I felt a teeny bit rushed when we went in December 2012, so I would like to take my time, soaking it all up, taking pictures, and enjoying myself!

Other:
- Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage - I love this show and it is a great way to break up your day and sit down for a bit.
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid - I always seem to miss this one because of show times, so I'd like to plan ahead and make sure to catch it
- Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular - Is this show still there? I know that there are a lot of changes happening, but I haven't seen this in years and DH never has!
- Star Tours - I really enjoyed the new version of this ride, and DH enjoyed the old one, so it is definitely something that we will do
- Muppet Vision 3-D - It has also been a while since I've seen this one, so I will be sure to drag DH to it!
- Fantasmic! - Every trip I say that I am going to see this. One of these times, I actually will!

Lots of shows to see at DHS! That is a bit troubling, since the times don't always work out. I don't need to do everything on this list, but I would like to do as much as I can. DHS isn't usually a multi day park for us.

I love that teapot! :love:

I've never done the drawing class at DHS. We did the little movie when you first walk in and then did pictures with characters, but we had somewhere to be so we didn't have time for the drawing class. One day!

I got to see Osborne Family Lights last year and they were amazing! pixiedust:

I love TSM. ::yes::

I love that teapot! :love:

I've never done the drawing class at DHS. We did the little movie when you first walk in and then did pictures with characters, but we had somewhere to be so we didn't have time for the drawing class. One day!

I got to see Osborne Family Lights last year and they were amazing! pixiedust:

I love TSM. ::yes::

Thanks! I love the teapot too, and I've looked at it on my last couple of trips but didn't actually buy it. My mom knows what I like lol

You should definitely do the drawing class, it is so much fun. I "forced" my mom and grandma to go in December - they really didn't want to go in, but they ended up loving it.

Awesome souvenirs from your Mom! I actually have that Thomas Kincade print on my wall! My Mom got it for me for Christmas.

I am crossing my fingers that you find a good job soon so you can go to Disney!

Your DHS plans sound wonderful. I discovered the drawing class on my solo trip and I think it's going to be a must do now.

The Indiana Jones show is still there. I haven't seen it since 2011 but I'm sure DH will want to in October.

Not that you need more but if you haven't seen the Lights, Motor, Action show, it's really pretty good. I know I will be taking DH there in October because he likes cars and spy movies and the show kind of combines those two things.

I have never done the drawing class but I've always wanted to! My sister is actually going to school for animation so going with her is just infair! ::yes:: She's just too darn talented! Maybe one day we'll see some of her animation in Disney movies! :artist:

The Great Movie Ride is also a favorite of mine! I have been to Disney over 20 times and only JUST saw the Cowboy scene December 2011. I was not a fan of it, not sure why... Maybe it threw me for a loop but I don't know... :confused3 I like the Gangster scene.

I'm like you. TSM is not a must do for us but it's fun to do if we can get a fastpass. Last time we did it DH got startled by one of the balls and slammed his head into the back of the ride! Lol. He was a smidge bit embarrassed!

I've also never done One Man's Dream. Last time I was there with my family (no DH) I was in a bad mood because my parents couldn't do Disney like we used to and didn't want to stand in any line longer than 20 minutes. I hope to be able to do this on our next trip because DH and I love history.

Oh my gosh... The Osbourne Lights... :cloud9: My DH has never seen them either but oh my goodness... They are beautiful. There's fake snow falling and gorgeous lights everywhere... It's breathtaking. That same trip I mentioned above with my family, I felt rushed as well. I could have spent hours there just sitting there taking it all in. I hope you get to experience those!

Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular is still there for now. I've also heard a lot of the rumors but that show is still there. It's a must-do for me every trip. I named one of my dogs (that now lives with my parents) after Indiana Jones. :rotfl:

Your plans are getting me excited! We seem to want to do all of the same things. Very very cool. :thumbsup2

Awesome souvenirs from your Mom! I actually have that Thomas Kincade print on my wall! My Mom got it for me for Christmas.

I am crossing my fingers that you find a good job soon so you can go to Disney!

Your DHS plans sound wonderful. I discovered the drawing class on my solo trip and I think it's going to be a must do now.

The Indiana Jones show is still there. I haven't seen it since 2011 but I'm sure DH will want to in October.

Not that you need more but if you haven't seen the Lights, Motor, Action show, it's really pretty good. I know I will be taking DH there in October because he likes cars and spy movies and the show kind of combines those two things.

It is a beautiful print, your mom and I mom must think alike! I'm glad that you discovered the drawing class, it is so much fun! I have seen the LMA show, and I'm pretty sure DH has too. It's not a favourite of mine and I don't think he cares either way. It is probably on the "maybe if we have time" list lol

I have never done the drawing class but I've always wanted to! My sister is actually going to school for animation so going with her is just infair! ::yes:: She's just too darn talented! Maybe one day we'll see some of her animation in Disney movies! :artist:

The Great Movie Ride is also a favorite of mine! I have been to Disney over 20 times and only JUST saw the Cowboy scene December 2011. I was not a fan of it, not sure why... Maybe it threw me for a loop but I don't know... :confused3 I like the Gangster scene.

I'm like you. TSM is not a must do for us but it's fun to do if we can get a fastpass. Last time we did it DH got startled by one of the balls and slammed his head into the back of the ride! Lol. He was a smidge bit embarrassed!

I've also never done One Man's Dream. Last time I was there with my family (no DH) I was in a bad mood because my parents couldn't do Disney like we used to and didn't want to stand in any line longer than 20 minutes. I hope to be able to do this on our next trip because DH and I love history.

Oh my gosh... The Osbourne Lights... :cloud9: My DH has never seen them either but oh my goodness... They are beautiful. There's fake snow falling and gorgeous lights everywhere... It's breathtaking. That same trip I mentioned above with my family, I felt rushed as well. I could have spent hours there just sitting there taking it all in. I hope you get to experience those!

Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular is still there for now. I've also heard a lot of the rumors but that show is still there. It's a must-do for me every trip. I named one of my dogs (that now lives with my parents) after Indiana Jones. :rotfl:

Your plans are getting me excited! We seem to want to do all of the same things. Very very cool. :thumbsup2

So cool about your sister! If I was into animation, I would definitely be trying to get in at Disney! You should still give the class a try when you go with your DH though, it is really fun. Funny how our families rush us! When you are there in December, you and your DH should check out One Man's Dream. I have a whole bunch of pictures of it in one of my TRs (I think 2011) if you want to look at what all is inside. I have also heard similar rumours about Indiana Jones, that is part of the reason I want to make sure that we do it on our next trip.

I love how we have so many similarities in our reports!

I am so glad you took the day off, it will get easier but it isn't fun getting through it even if you know you can. I always joke when people say "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" and I'm like...I'm strong enough thank you!

Anyway...glad it is behind you. Love the kitchen treats how sweet of your mom! And I love your DHS list. You WILL get a job lined up, I know it and I really commend you for waiting it out, I can only imagine it's hard when you know you could swing it but are being responsible. It will be worth it.

I am so glad you took the day off, it will get easier but it isn't fun getting through it even if you know you can. I always joke when people say "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" and I'm like...I'm strong enough thank you!

Anyway...glad it is behind you. Love the kitchen treats how sweet of your mom! And I love your DHS list. You WILL get a job lined up, I know it and I really commend you for waiting it out, I can only imagine it's hard when you know you could swing it but are being responsible. It will be worth it.

Thanks for the kind words Cynthia :goodvibes I do feel a bit of relief that I don't have that date hanging over my head anymore. I'm still sad about it all, but it has gotten easier with time and I don't think it is the type of thing that you forget. My mom is very sweet, I'm very lucky to have her. And it is kind of tough to be responsible at times, but I'd rather be cautious and make sure I have that emergency fund in case something happens.

I think I'm subbed to this TR, so I'm going up to give it a bump to read all about your Anniversary trip! :thumbsup2

I'm back and all caught up. I am so terribly sorry for your rough times of late. I really hope things pick up and get better for you guys. I've never suffered that kind of loss, so I can only imagine how rough it is for you guys. :grouphug:

Anyway, I took my own break from the boards for a bit due to Disney depression. It's been just over 3 months since our last trip (can't believe it's been that long!) and since then my hard drive has crashed and I lost all our pictures! I can get it recovered, but it will be about $1500. We aren't positive we can spend that kind of money on it, as much as I want to. We are currently the owners of two houses (we moved in to our new house last October) and our old house has been on the market for 5 months with no bites yet. We recently found out the foundation needs some work and we are waiting to find out how much that will cost. Everyone who has looked at the house has said there is too much work to do, so they aren't interested. We are hoping if we put some money in to fix the foundation we can sell it and get out from under the extra payments (mortgage, taxes, insurance, electric/water, etc.) and start saving for another Disney trip!

Luckily things are OK for us financially, we have enough to survive, just not enough to save up for a trip. I was really bummed for a while, but I recently had an interview for a promotion in my department and I'm hopeful I'll get it. That would mean a fairly decent raise and a bigger annual bonus. DH just finished his first year at his new job so he should be getting a decent raise soon, too! So I am definitely trying to remain positive about the whole situation.

So that was lots of rambling about my current situation. I am glad that you are still trying to plan your trip and I love reading your plans and seeing the pictures you've been posting. Keep it up!!

Thinking of you!

I'm back and all caught up. I am so terribly sorry for your rough times of late. I really hope things pick up and get better for you guys. I've never suffered that kind of loss, so I can only imagine how rough it is for you guys. :grouphug:

Anyway, I took my own break from the boards for a bit due to Disney depression. It's been just over 3 months since our last trip (can't believe it's been that long!) and since then my hard drive has crashed and I lost all our pictures! I can get it recovered, but it will be about $1500. We aren't positive we can spend that kind of money on it, as much as I want to. We are currently the owners of two houses (we moved in to our new house last October) and our old house has been on the market for 5 months with no bites yet. We recently found out the foundation needs some work and we are waiting to find out how much that will cost. Everyone who has looked at the house has said there is too much work to do, so they aren't interested. We are hoping if we put some money in to fix the foundation we can sell it and get out from under the extra payments (mortgage, taxes, insurance, electric/water, etc.) and start saving for another Disney trip!

Luckily things are OK for us financially, we have enough to survive, just not enough to save up for a trip. I was really bummed for a while, but I recently had an interview for a promotion in my department and I'm hopeful I'll get it. That would mean a fairly decent raise and a bigger annual bonus. DH just finished his first year at his new job so he should be getting a decent raise soon, too! So I am definitely trying to remain positive about the whole situation.

So that was lots of rambling about my current situation. I am glad that you are still trying to plan your trip and I love reading your plans and seeing the pictures you've been posting. Keep it up!!

Thinking of you!

Thank you for your kind reply. I am sorry that you've had some Disney depression and tough stuff going on. Owning two houses has to be incredibly difficult and stressful, I hope that you are able to sell your old house really soon!

Praying all is well! :hug::hug:

Judy, Pete, Christian, David, Rachel and Lisa

Thanks Judy! Happy belated 4th to you as well!

Is anyone still out there??

I know that I keep leaving and saying that I'm coming back, but I am really hoping that this time, it is for real!

I'm not even sure what was on my last update, but since then my computer and my car both died! Thankfully I started another job, so I don't have to stress so much, but these setbacks aren't helping the Disney fund!!

I will do a big update soon, I have some really huge developments happening for our trip and I can't wait to tell you all about them!

I also now have a ton of reading to do to get caught up on all of your reports. I better get busy!

I hope that everyone is doing well and I look forward to reconnecting :goodvibes

Glad to hear that things seem to be looking up! Congrats on the job! That's a step in the right direction! So sorry to hear your computer AND car died... What luck! Can't wait to hear about your Disney developments!! :) thinking of you!

I am still here and thrilled to read good news. :goodvibes Sometimes life must come before the DIS, looking forward to hearing more about your trip and job when you have time.

Glad to hear that things seem to be looking up! Congrats on the job! That's a step in the right direction! So sorry to hear your computer AND car died... What luck! Can't wait to hear about your Disney developments!! :) thinking of you!

Thank you for sticking around! Things are busy, but I am trying to get caught up on reports and I hope to write my update within a week :)

I am still here and thrilled to read good news. :goodvibes Sometimes life must come before the DIS, looking forward to hearing more about your trip and job when you have time.

Thanks for sticking around! Life does get in the way, but it is nice to have something positive and happy to look forward to.

Glad to hear things are looking up job wise! Life does get in the way and sometimes that us a good thing :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter