• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$399 DVC Premium Annual Pass-Extended?-Speculation

For the person who could not open the website here is the verbage I'm referring to. It is on Disney's Website. There are just too many unanswered unknowns for me to spend that kinda of cashe especially since I have some unexpired tickets. I think the deal is great but just not for me.

In the beginning it talks about this at first:

PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY.

These terms and conditions ("Experience Terms") govern your participation in the Park Experience, and your use of the Site/App. Not all Experience benefits and features are available to all guests, and access to many benefits and features requires the purchase of eligible park admission, a stay at select Resort hotels, and/or a valid Disney website account and registration on the Site/App.

Disney FastPass+

You can use the Site/App to make FastPass+ arrival window selections in advance for select park attractions and entertainment as well as pre-order meals at certain quick-service restaurants. Valid theme park admission required and other restrictions apply.

DISNEY FASTPASS+ Service

•Once available, Disney FastPass+ service allows you to select an arrival window to experience certain park attractions, character meet and greets, and quick-service restaurants, and to arrange a viewing location for certain entertainment such as fireworks, parades and shows.
•Availability of a FastPass+ experience, the number of experiences you may select and arrival windows are limited and vary based on factors such as the theme park you are visiting, the attraction or entertainment experience, the time of year and the day of the week, and prior demand. In addition, the number of days for which you can hold FastPass+ selections at any given time is limited.
•Each confirmed FastPass+ attraction, entertainment or restaurant selection is valid for (1) guest admission to the entrance of the designated FastPass+ location on the date and during the arrival window confirmed by the Site/App.
•The operating hours of all attractions, entertainment and restaurant locations are subject to closures and change without notice.
•You may make FastPass+ selections for yourself, your Managed Friends, and your Connected Friends.
•Your Connected Friends may also make FastPass+ selections for you or modify the selections you've made without notification to you. You can view the selections and modifications made by Connected Friends for you when you log in to your account and view your itinerary.
•FastPass+ selections made for you by a Friend will count toward the number of FastPass+ selections you may make and hold.
•A confirmed FastPass+ selection is not valid for admission to any theme or water park and valid park admission is required to make a selection and redeem a FastPass+ selection. To make a FastPass+ selection for you or your Friends, you must retrieve a Resort package reservation including valid park admission through your account or associate valid park admission to your account.
•Each FastPass+ selection will designate an arrival window for an attraction, restaurant location or entertainment experience. The FastPass+ selection is not valid before or after the designated arrival window or at any other FastPass+ location.
•You may make FastPass+ selections for one park per day. You may only select and redeem a FastPass+ selection for a particular attraction, entertainment or restaurant experience once per day.
•When you initially make FastPass+ selections for a particular park, you will select a FastPass+ experience set and if your plans change, you may modify the entire FastPass+ experience set until the first FastPass+ experience is redeemed or the first unredeemed experience expires. You may modify an unredeemed individual FastPass+ experience any time prior to the end the day.
•All FastPass+ selections, whether arranged by you or a Connected Friend, expire at the end of the day for which they were confirmed. Unused and expired selections count toward the FastPass+ experience limit for the day.
•Magic Your Way ticket holders may make FastPass+ selections beginning 60 days prior to day of use. The selection window may vary for other admission tickets or passholders.
•Ticket holders holding passes or tickets with block-out dates may not make FastPass+ selections for any block-out date without the purchase of separate valid park admission and assigning that admission entitlement to your account.
•We reserve the right to re-assign or re-schedule a FastPass+ selection due to an unplanned attraction or entertainment down time or change in operating hours.

Other restrictions and rules may apply based on type of park admission. FastPass+ experiences are not transferable, have no cash value and may not be substituted.

Okay.. here's podcast on FP+. http://www.wdwtoday.com/article.php?story=20121220211417552 I highly recommend you listen while you wrap your presents or cook dinner. It is 40 minutes long.

Interesting... FP+ is going to be the way for the future. I'd be concerned. I'm not too happy. On the one hand I understand why Disney is doing this for those people that don't plan but I heavily use FPs for my touring. I wouldn't tour without it. But that was before they enforced return times. Now, I really can see us really utilizing EMH more than ever when we didn't in the past. I'll be changing my touring pattern. Since we are not going until November I didn't want to be limited to 20 FP+ for my annual pass per quarter. I'd rather have the 4 FP+ per day as staying on site as a guest. Just my humble opinion.... Hopefully, it rolls out soon so, we can get feed back.

It is not a rumor. Sorry ;)

Thanks for the link. I went and listened to it and am now totally annoyed. I had thought that the new FP+ was going to be a good thing as I had assumed that you would be still able to use the regular FP, but you will not be able to use both and the expectation is that FP will eventually be eliminated.

With the restrictions on the FP+, there is no way I can tour a park like I currently do. I like to ride the same ride 3-4 times a day and I don't like waiting in a line longer than 15 minutes.

This is almost enough to make me give up on WDW and just go to Universal.

Can you buy these for friends staying at a DVC with you? And do you have to put a name on them before activating them?

I ask because my DDs are both taking a friend next year with them (but that friend isn't determined yet). They were going to buy passes with waterpark pluses, but the price for these passes are really good. Now if they don't use them, DH and I could use them instead (we have 10 day non-expire we plan to use so we don't need passes).

So I would consider buying 4 of these if I did not have to put names on them yet.

No, member passes are only available to family living at the same address as the member.

Thanks for the link. I went and listened to it and am now totally annoyed. I had thought that the new FP+ was going to be a good thing as I had assumed that you would be still able to use the regular FP, but you will not be able to use both and the expectation is that FP will eventually be eliminated.

With the restrictions on the FP+, there is no way I can tour a park like I currently do. I like to ride the same ride 3-4 times a day and I don't like waiting in a line longer than 15 minutes.

This is almost enough to make me give up on WDW and just go to Universal.

I wouldn't worry about it too much until the system is implemented. People seem to be assuming that FP+ will be the worst of all worlds--I'll get fewer FastPasses...standby times will grow...I'll have to schedule attractions weeks ahead or risk missing out on certain rides.

But that really doesn't add up.

If Disney is limiting the number of FPs each guest can obtain, there will be fewer FPs distributed as a whole. Adding FP+ to more attractions will further spread out the crowds. Both of these factors should allow for greater flexibility to change on-the-fly. And it should result in shorter Standby wait times since the line will move faster since less ride capacity will be needed for FP returnees.

We tested FP+ last week and aside from a couple of technical glitches, it worked very well. Got to ride TSM without arriving at park opening and making the mad dash to the rear of the park. Had no wait for either of the two new Fantasyland attractions, along with Peter Pan which we rode for the first time in years.

And I could have easily altered our ride reservations using my iPhone during our testing days.

It will require a bit more advance planning but that's a pleasant trade-off for the current take-it-or-leave-it FP ride reservation system, plus the need to criss-cross parks grabbing tickets in the first place.

Additionally, despite the terms and conditions I have a feeling FP+ will be tweaked and adjusted before they settle on any final policies.

I wouldn't worry about it too much until the system is implemented. People seem to be assuming that FP+ will be the worst of all worlds--I'll get fewer FastPasses...standby times will grow...I'll have to schedule attractions weeks ahead or risk missing out on certain rides.

But that really doesn't add up.

If Disney is limiting the number of FPs each guest can obtain, there will be fewer FPs distributed as a whole. Adding FP+ to more attractions will further spread out the crowds. Both of these factors should allow for greater flexibility to change on-the-fly. And it should result in shorter Standby wait times since the line will move faster since less ride capacity will be needed for FP returnees.

We tested FP+ last week and aside from a couple of technical glitches, it worked very well. Got to ride TSM without arriving at park opening and making the mad dash to the rear of the park. Had no wait for either of the two new Fantasyland attractions, along with Peter Pan which we rode for the first time in years.

And I could have easily altered our ride reservations using my iPhone during our testing days.

It will require a bit more advance planning but that's a pleasant trade-off for the current take-it-or-leave-it FP ride reservation system, plus the need to criss-cross parks grabbing tickets in the first place.

Additionally, despite the terms and conditions I have a feeling FP+ will be tweaked and adjusted before they settle on any final policies.

I was all for FP+ thinking that the regular FP would still be available, but it won't be. Once you sign on with FP+, that is all you can do. And no more than 1 FP+ for the same ride. And no FP+ in more than 1 park.

You want to ride SpaceMountain more than once in a day, be prepared to wait in a standby line. Today I was in AK and rode the Safari ride 4 times, 3 of them with fast passes. That will not be possible with FP+.

During testing you were still able to use regular FPs if you wanted to, in the future you will not be able to.

Anyone who hates having to plan all their dining reservations 180 days out, get ready to having to do the exact same thing for your FP+. On the bright side you'll never get up in the morning again and wonder 'which park should I go to today?'

I'm really really not looking forward to this.

You want to ride SpaceMountain more than once in a day, be prepared to wait in a standby line. Today I was in AK and rode the Safari ride 4 times, 3 of them with fast passes. That will not be possible with FP+.

During testing you were still able to use regular FPs if you wanted to, in the future you will not be able to.

Understood. I'm sure there will be some adjustment period. Habits formed under the old (current) system will have to be tweaked and altered. But that doesn't mean it's a net loss.

Guests may find they spend more time in Standby lines but if Disney is distributing fewer FastPasses for each attraction, those Standby lines will move much faster than they do today.

Anyone who hates having to plan all their dining reservations 180 days out, get ready to having to do the exact same thing for your FP+. On the bright side you'll never get up in the morning again and wonder 'which park should I go to today?'

Why not? Who says you won't be able to plan your day when you wake up in the morning? 5 minutes with the laptop or smartphone is better than crossing the park collecting tickets, IMO. :confused3

That said, NOTHING is yet set in stone with regard to FP+. Doesn't matter what you heard on a podcast or read in Terms of Service read. FP+ has had exactly two public tests involving two of the four theme parks. Expect all aspects to be tweaked and adjusted as they continue testing and solicit guest feedback.

Could someone please briefly explain what the fast pass + is and how it differs from the fast pass?

I was all for FP+ thinking that the regular FP would still be available, but it won't be. Once you sign on with FP+, that is all you can do. And no more than 1 FP+ for the same ride. And no FP+ in more than 1 park.

I'm really really not looking forward to this.
I saw a list somewhere I'll have to find it where there will be new rides added to the FP+ that will not be part of the regular FP system.

We travel similar to you. We even discovered that you really don't even need to FP Expedition Everest if you are willing to stand in the single rider line. We normally enter that park and then, immediately go to Safari to get a fast pass then, we walk over to EE to ride in standby. Then, usually we can either ride again standby or single rider line. When our Safari time is up we go over there to get another fast pass and then, ride with our current fast pass. We do as many as we can before the 11 am people showup. Then, we'll eat lunch around 11 or 11:30 am. Then, we tour the other attractions at the park that really don't have long waits. I can't really seeing using FP+ at AK a benefit. Hopefully, on our next trip the regular FP will be around. I'm kinda of nervous because I doubt Disney will make the decision 6 months out. So, during the transistion period I could see some people getting screwed. Making a decision 6 months out is crazy. I hope in November the regular FP system is still there and all these rumors are just wrong.

Why not? Who says you won't be able to plan your day when you wake up in the morning? 5 minutes with the laptop or smartphone is better than crossing the park collecting tickets, IMO. :confused3

We don't own a laptop or a smart phone and even if we did have a smart phone we wouldn't use it. International rates are far too expensive!
Does this mean we will be shut out of the system?

The people involved in the FP+ trials would've been able to schedule and alter their ride times on the day because there were only a limited number of people on the trial but this will not be the case once this is rolled out to everyone.
I would think it highly unlikely that there would be any spaces left for the major rides or attractions on the day so people will be forced to schedule in advance or ride standby.

We decide which park to go to on the day or sometimes the night before and we are not early risers (never done rope drop!) so this system does not suit the way we vacation. Without the old FP system I don't see how we will be able to ride any headliners without lengthy waits. After 19 years of Disney vacations we have done the rides so many times that we no longer get in line for anything with more than a 30 minute wait.

I don't see what was wrong with the old system!

If this new system means we are going to have to plan out every minute of our 3 week vacation 60 days in advance then quite frankly I'd rather vacation somewhere else!

I tried contacting member services to get some more information about FP+ before committing to buying PAPs but they couldn't tell me anything.
If we were to participate, then 5 days of FP+ over a 22 day vacation does not seem like a very good deal so I'm sure we would be spending a lot more time off Disney property.
They will have to rethink this or they are going to have a lot of disgruntled customers!

We don't own a laptop or a smart phone and even if we did have a smart phone we wouldn't use it. International rates are far too expensive!
Does this mean we will be shut out of the system?

That is a valid concern. While I have gads of portable electronic gear with WiFi and LTE access, there are still lots of people who don't. For them, the older Fastpass program works.

Thanks for all of the replys. This may actually work for us because we never buy ap's or pap's, never go to more than one park in one day and would never ride more than 8 rides in a day :).

That is a valid concern. While I have gads of portable electronic gear with WiFi and LTE access, there are still lots of people who don't. For them, the older Fastpass program works.

we have our share of gadgets but don't haul all of them along on vacations. Even when travelling internationally, we take backup cheap quad-band phones and switch out our SIM cards, jik we lose or break them (don't ask:rolleyes1).

hope a HP Touchpad would work since i do bring one to WDW since it's lighter than my laptop.

i recall when this first made the rounds that FP access via an internet connection on the TV was discussed as a fair way for everybody to participate in this program vs only allowing those with smartphones/devices to have an edge...makes sense imo. Would be nice to be able to view one's room charges too.

it will be interesting to see where GAC issuance/availability will fall under this change.

thanks to the poster for listing the details:thumbsup2

There are already terminals in the parks which guests can use to view/add/modify their FP+ selections if they don't have an Internet-enabled device.

There are already terminals in the parks which guests can use to view/add/modify their FP+ selections if they don't have an Internet-enabled device.

news to me, didn't see any during oct trip. :confused3 Are they located near the existing FP machines?

still would like to see the in-room tv sets be brought up to speed same as many other hotels.

news to me, didn't see any during oct trip. :confused3 Are they located near the existing FP machines?

Didn't count them, nor take any photos. But as of last week, they had FP+ terminals at the Star Tours and Tower of Terror distribution points, among others.

still would like to see the in-room tv sets be brought up to speed same as many other hotels.

Could happen. Or they could add stations at public locations in resort. With most people having some sort of Internet enabled device, I hope they go with relatively low cost solution for the sake of our dues.

Actually, these could be used with the free wi-fi that is property wide without any charges.

So was just online looking at annual pass price. It said I was viewing DVC prices and listed the Premium Annual Pass as $699? Realize it was just on sale for $399 and got a few that way, but will need another for one of my kids in a few months. It said the regular AP was $425, but PAP $699. Hoping this is a computer thing and they are still more like the FL local rate of $559? Please no lectures about how I should have bought more at the cheaper price, I have kicked myself enough already and had other priorities. Thanks.

Guess we finally answered the extension question, didn't we? At least for now, anyway. Ya had to know time would yield a definitive answer. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter