$399 DVC Premium Annual Pass-Extended?-Speculation

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by WilsonFlyer, Dec 12, 2012.

1. WilsonFlyer

WilsonFlyer <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

I'm curious. I never heard a logical explanation as to why the PAP got the reduction through Dec 31. I'm wondering if it will be extended as a perk indefinitely.

Things are a little tight this year and while I could buy them if I really needed to, I'd rather pass since mine are good until next June and I probably wouldn't activate them until Christmas of next year. Given the current economic climate, that's a log time to just hang $1200+ out in the cold for a year.

I can't really see a reason why they did it to begin with unless their intention was to extend it as a perk ongoing.

Anybody have an opinion? It's kinda like the BLT TOTW thing. I Can't imagine why they would have done it to begin with unless it was an experiment with intentions of extending from the beginning.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SAT887

SAT887 DIS Veteran

I would love it if they extended this perk. We purchased them on our past trip and plan on going back for 3 or 4 nights in October. Between the savings on merchandise, TiW etc it really paid off for us on this one trip alone (we spent $56 more upgrading our tickets).

4. jrtoastyman

jrtoastyman Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

I hope they continue it, and I agree that it is most likely a test thing to see how it goes. We just picked up ours yesterday and we'll likely visit more next year as a result, so it worked on us!

5. WolfpackFan

WolfpackFan Retired and loving every minute of it!!

I agree. One of the best perks we've had.

6. DougEMG

DougEMG DIS Veteran

May be it will become a perk for direct buyers only if it becomes real popular :confused3

7. drusba

drusba <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Yep, if i could go on getting the PAP at a price that is less than the discounted DVC price for an AP, I would continue buying it too but because of that fact I have serious doubts it will be extended, i.e., the issue is not why Disney offered it in the first place (only as a short time promotion) but why it would be crazy enough to continue selling us a PAP at a price that is less than the discounted AP? You will need some drunken sailors running the organization for that to happen (and I am praying I will have to eat crow).

8. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

I will be ticked if they wait until the last minute and extend it. I bought mine today and I may not use it until next December. My current AP does not expire until the end of April. I would have preferred to wait.

9. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

It was a very nice perk that DVC worked out with Disney, but I don't believe that it will be extended.

10. jade1

jade1 If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your luc

Thanks-was wondering that as well. Did you get a discount for extending? Ours are reg DVC AP's currently.

11. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

I am not renewing. I'll let my current AP expire at the end of April and then start the one I just bought as new whenever I go again, either October or December to get the full year. It's $399 new or renewal (plus tax).

12. Anal Annie

Anal Annie at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it

I wish they would offer some sort of a deal on the one that is good on both coasts. Our current AP's are good thru March but next summer we want to visit DL for a change....but then the FOLLOWING YEAR we would be back to the FL resorts...I hate missing out on buying these AP's for such a good price but we just wouldn't get to use them until 2014.

13. smcabee

smcabee Boomer Sooner

Dw and I did the same. Our currant passes expire in May but we just bought the voucher for the PAP and plan on redeeming them next Oct-Nov whenever we go.

14. *TheWigs*

*TheWigs* Mouseketeer

We plan on buying our PAP and using them for 14 days in June and 7 more in Dec! A SUPER value for us as we live way too far from Mickey! ;)

15. JWG

JWG DIS Veteran

You don't have to activate the $399 pass until 12/31/13 if you don't want to. Even if you forego the AP renewal, $399 for PAP is very comparable. And, you get a bigger merch discount to help save even more.

We're not going back until middle end of 2014 or we'd be all over this. But, for us, we had 6 days left on no expiration passes that we used. Even if we hadn't, a 6-day park hopper was still less than the PAP discount. My parents had just renewed their AP's right before the deal.

If they do extend it into 2013 with a requirement to activated by 12/31/14 i think we'd be all over it. 2013 will be the first year we miss a trip since 2008. Timing was just off.

16. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

I hope they extend it. We're not going again until next year and its too much to pay to activate for dec 2013. I already have $1500 of DLR APs waiting to be activated.

17. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Let's hope for drunken sailors! :)

18. Sammie

Sammie DIS Veteran

I don't see them extending it and we did not get one, because we are never sure when we will be there, nothing in our life is that definite.

While it was a great savings on a PAP, it basically discounted things we won't use, water parks, golf, Disneyquest and the merchandise discount. After 30 years of going we might buy one Christmas ornament per year and that is it.

So we will stick to buying multi day tickets or the regular annual pass when we are more certain we will actually make two trips in a year.

19. disEAR

disEAR DVC Member

I don't see them extending the promotion. If it was me, and I knew for sure I was going back before the cutoff time to activate. Then I'd get them. If I wasn't sure, I wouldnt bother.

20. Friendofpluto

Friendofpluto DIS Veteran

I can see something similar in incentives offered next year. The perks have picked up a notch. Sure to make people think twice before reselling and to encourage new growth. I like when things like this are offered. Makes me feel a little better when paying my dues. Wish they would stay still though for a few years.

21. SAT887

SAT887 DIS Veteran

I think it's important to do things like this for DVC members, we don't see as much pixie dust like cash paying guests (which I am fine with and not complaining, I love being DVC. I consider my pixie dust going at least 1x a year!) So offering a nice perk is definitely something that makes us feel special. My parents bought into DVC 20 years ago and at first had free park tickets and other perks. They slowly disappeared and its nice to see a return of perks that have a good value. I hope that if they discontinue this perk that they continue to have similar perks that all DVC members can take advantage of at different times.