$350 million going to WDW road improvements

Interesting...they really expect to have the demand continue to go on a steady upward curve.

Everybody better think about a second job for travel...if you don't have one already.

Is a flyover really needed to solve the problem?

I'm not sure there IS a problem.

The light at Osceola and victory bypass is a good idea. That will help flow to animal kingdom and mgm greatly.

But the hotel one at magic kingdom is a head scratcher.

Going through the right side of the gate for the poly really has never been an issue...even on the days where it's packed - which just aren't gonna work under any circumstance.

My first reaction...and I hate to admit this...was That they are "separating the high rollers from the peasants" with a more convenient car/bus lane.

The light at Osceola and victory bypass is a good idea. That will help flow to animal kingdom and mgm greatly.

Going through the right side of the gate for the poly really has never been an issue...even on the days where it's packed - which just aren't gonna work under any circumstance.

My first reaction...and I hate to admit this...was That they are "separating the high rollers from the peasants" with a more convenient car/bus lane.
Actually a plan similar to this has been in the works since 1996 according to plans posted on wdwmagic.

Actually a plan similar to this has been in the works since 1996 according to plans posted on wdwmagic.

But what's the gain? A "hotel flyover" does very little...it's more aesthetics than actuall tangible yield.

Having a rough day...I think ;)

An easier way to get to the GF/Wedding Pavilion would've been nice last year with some of our guests who are unfamiliar with the area. I think avoiding the MK toll gate will be nice.

But what's the gain? A "hotel flyover" does very little...it's more aesthetics than actuall tangible yield.

Having a rough day...I think ;)
I have no idea. I'm unfamiliar with the roads we don't live in Florida and have never driven in the area. We always take Disney transportation.

I'm with you on that, frankly the way it's been has worked for decades. It doesn't strike me as incredibly necessary unless they plan to expand capacity...

I'm thinking your DVC Poly Tower looks more reasonable now.

Agreed. The only thing that I will add to this conversation is that the buses appear to get the brunt of the log-jam that takes place in the far right lanes (which as you have pointed out, is never really "that bad"). Often times, you will see cars peeling out to get ahead of the slower-moving buses. Some of these maneuvers that I have witnessed are definitely higher risk, especially considering that you have cars accelerating right where cars are trying to cross over World Drive from a dead stop to head eastbound onto Vista Blvd. The majority of the handful of accidents that I have witnessed on property have occurred at this particular intersection. Perhaps there are some statistics that point to this being one of the more dangerous traffic areas on property, and the flyover might help to eliminate that.

I'm with you on that, frankly the way it's been has worked for decades. It doesn't strike me as incredibly necessary unless they plan to expand capacity...

I'm thinking your DVC Poly Tower looks more reasonable now.

It does... Doesn't it?

And if you keep reading my subconscious...not only is it the poly tower...but wilderness lodge conversion, grand Floridian conversion or a second unit, possible contemporary addition or conversion (over the waters are a 100% given in my opinion) and the already announced wilderness lodge teepees.

DVC is 100% occupancy - guaranteed and they do statistically have a higher volume of travelers with vehicles...

It all could lead to the same conclusion for the roads.

I have no idea. I'm unfamiliar with the roads we don't live in Florida and have never driven in the area. We always take Disney transportation.

My point is that there is really no issue at the magic kingdom toll plaza as it stands...the attendance and hotel rooms have tripled in the area since 1971 and there still is no noticeable effect.

Something else is behind this.

My point is that there is really no issue at the magic kingdom toll plaza as it stands...the attendance and hotel rooms have tripled in the area since 1971 and there still is no noticeable effect.

I would have to think there is more to this because taking out the speedway for more parking that really isn't necessary is also part of this project.

I would have to think there is more to this because taking out the speedway for more parking that really isn't necessary is also part of this project.

It's not necessary unless
You alter Seven seas drive, recenter center the front of the Polynesian, and build a 350 unit DVC tower at the current junction of the TTC and the poly...

But I bet they haven't thought of that...

Completely agree. Working on a zoning issue at home here that on the surface makes no sense, why are they spending big bucks on a project that is not really necessary and out of proportion in design and cost to their need? Conclusion is there is much more in the pipe but they are starting with hurdle one, and not showing us the full plan. In our case this is a big problem. For Disney it just stirs speculation and curiosity.

The "problem" at the toll booth is so easily resolved that this makes no sense. You widen some past the toll booth and build a new toll booth past the "cheater's entrance" coming from the north. This gives more space to work in, stops the cheaters and stops the buses and hotel cars from utilizing the toll booth. Create a more defined exit to World Drive where the buses and hotel cars can go without any cutting off of vehicles after the toll booth. Keeping them out of the booth speeds up the lines and is safer.

The plans that have been posted for the speedway shows only about 1/3 being used for parking. What is happening with the rest? Looking at drawings, just my first instinct was that maybe there would be a new TTC of sorts. Of course my other side says what about the ferry boat and they'd have to move the monorail some .... but if I were booking a bungalow I would be really happy to eliminate that awful view and of course that could mean a lake with only resort space on it's shores. Should be interesting.

I thought they'd had an occasional issue where they'd had to direct guests to park at Epcot and take the monorail over because MK park capacity is now greater than parking capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter