35 Things We Learned on Our Trip to WDW

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by redc, May 15, 2013.

1. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Awesome & humorous post!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ktrask

ktrask Mouseketeer

Fun post :) thanks!!

4. Mickfarland4

Mickfarland4 Mouseketeer

Very fun!! I really enjoyed reading this as I haven't been to WDW since I was a young teen(am now in my upper 30's) but, am taking my first family trip next year!:goodvibes...You now have me wanting to get ds into HP!:rotfl2: because I love HP but, he is only 5!

5. Dreamer & Wisher

Dreamer & Wisher DIS Veteran

Great tips! Sounds like you had a great trip!

6. JenCin78

JenCin78 Mouseketeer

Thanks for all of the fun tips! We leave in 30 days and this made me smile and even more excited for our trip if that's possible. SO looking forward to staying at an Epcot resort and being able to walk to the park. Epcot is mine and DH's favorite park so we are super excited. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip!

7. ChattaAlley

ChattaAlley DIS Veteran

THANKS for taking the time to write this out. I loved reading all the tips. This thread actually kept my attention. Most do not.

8. daisymomof4

daisymomof4 Mouseketeer

Great tips! Thanks for sharing the love :)

9. Magic3forme

Magic3forme Grand Slam club members

I read your post and was nodding at the comments.. and thinking.. yep that is so true!!

10. eeyorepixie

eeyorepixie AKA Queenie

laughed at the stepping on the toes tip;) ooops:rotfl2:

11. DISzy

DISzy Mouseketeer

Awesomesauce!!! Thanks for sharing! What a great way to start our day!

12. My2Qtz0205

My2Qtz0205 DIS Veteran

Aww, this makes me want to stay at BC! Maybe if DH and I ever take that couples' trip.

We did not spend enough time appreciating Epcot last time because I was hell-bent on listening to as many storytellers as I could. Major mistake.

Love the tip on R&C.

Was considering Narcoosee's as a back-up for CG. Is the food good, at least?

13. Blue32

Blue32 DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting this! We have never been to EPCOT but will be there in less than 2 weeks. Will a newbie get lost following these directions?

14. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

OP, probably the best post in the DIS in a loooong time.

Thank you!:cool1:

15. crazycatlady

crazycatlady DIS Veteran

Awesome post! :) I have always wanted to stay at the Poly when I can afford a deluxe, but you may have just converted me. :thumbsup2

16. Nakkira

Nakkira DIS Veteran

I have to agree that the people who just plop in the middle of the theater while the CM's are trying to fill the seats in order drive me nuts.

17. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Me too and my DH tries to do it all the time! I just walk off & leave him & he gots all irritated & has to get up & come to me!! Lol. Follow directions ppl you learned it in elementary school!!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013

18. Floridagram

Floridagram DIS Veteran

Loved your post and I agree wholeheartedly about the tipping. Even 10% of the ridiculous prices they charge for buffet would be a gracious plenty of a tip for what the servers! One can certainly understand why some of them have been there for over 20 years!

19. Zoebear

Zoebear Mouseketeer

I agree! Thanks for taking the time, and for making my day! I was nodding and laughing as I read it. Clearly, thepixiedust: pixie dust stuck !

20. respmom

respmom Earning My Ears

I did too lol

21. bopper

bopper <font color=green>Which way to the Hundred Acre Wo

Except when you do it and your 19 and 16 year olds are selected by Ollivander! Granted we went early and there was minimal line...but they were both chosen (and yes we bought two wands) but it was great when the older kids get back into the magic of HP!

One thing we learned was don't skip the line at HP and the FJ. We were in line, doo dee doo dee doo, and then there was a fire alarm. We had to get back out and when it was safe to go back we were waiting at the area where you go into line for my DH. A "cast member" asked what we were doing, and we explained and they said "Go in <this other way> and told them that <CM>" sent you. We thought "great! we get to skip the line (as we had already waited once before)"
    We went on that ride again later in the trip and went through the line...it was so awesome.