35 Things We Learned on Our Trip to WDW

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by redc, May 15, 2013.

1. tatorswife

tatorswife Look out Disney :)

:thumbsup2Love your tips..Thanks for posting

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Kimbysmom

Kimbysmom Mouseketeer

Fantastic post! We just got back from our first WDW trip a couple of weeks ago, and thanks to tips like yours that I've read over the past couple of years, we had an amazing time.

We accidentally made it to the Soarin' FP, just because I hate esculators, just like you said in number 6, and it really is a lot quicker.

24b)I agree with. We waited a good hour just to have the only other girl in the room be picked for the wand show. I think it was because she was a couple years older than DD, but she was a bit bummed. It was too long of a wait for such a short show too.

24c)I actually agree with too. We bought a frozen butter beer, and I was actually surprised by how much more I enjoyed it when it warmed up a bit.

26a) my DD is right there with you on. She used to be the girl who'd ride nothing, but she actually fell in love with EE. We rode it ten times :goodvibes

4. jmendez24

jmendez24 Mouseketeer

This cracked me up. :lmao:

Great post! I actually learned a few things. Off to read about the door. :thumbsup2

5. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina DIS Veteran

I have to go with the OP.........we liked the non-frozen MUCH better than the frozen. My DH and DS chose to go with the non-frozen even after I crowed about how everyone on the DIS raved about the frozen variety (which I ordered, of course). I can't tell you how happy they were when we all (me included) enjoyed theirs more than mine!!! lol, they like being right :lmao: .

6. jenji124

jenji124 Earning My Ears

Thanks for the tips. I laughed at some of your commentary, great post!

7. JennaDeeDooDah

JennaDeeDooDah My oh my what a wonderful day!

He doesn't duck, but he absolutely refuses to ever put his hands up... which is probably a good idea.

8. kaylasmom07

kaylasmom07 DIS Veteran

:rotfl: Love this! Thank you for posting! Great tips!

9. stasijane

stasijane Crazed one

10. Rheinhold

Rheinhold Mouseketeer

I prefer the frozen butterbear as well, especially on those August summer afternoons. Oh but the brainfreeze! :scared1:

11. shyjade

shyjade DIS Veteran

Ditto!! You actually had me LOL'ing at my desk, as well as taking some notes.

12. redc

redc Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone for your very kind comments. Glad most of you found this helpful and humorous. It was a labor of love.

Thanks to those who provided references that helped answer the Secret Door questions.

Which Butterbeer you like is simply a difference in taste.

I truly believe that I have ridden Space Mountain for the last time, it's either been made more jostling over the years or my back is more sensitive. I think the latter is the truth!

Naaaarrrccccooooosssseeeesss'eess food is great, just very pricey, but a beautiful setting to watch Wishes from afar.

For Soarin': just stay to the right as the CM's guide you into the rotunda and go down the stairs, don't follow the crowd down the escalators. You'll beat the masses to the FP machines.

And I honestly don't suggest that you hurt anyone by crunching their foot. But an innocent nudge/step by a dozen or so people passing by them may help them get the point.

And once again, I am not cheap, I worked as waiter as a kid and my children have had restaurant related jobs. But a required 18% or $60 for my group's buffet breakfast is TOO much.

I think the next trip will be BWI, with me and my lady sans da kids!!!!
    Enjoy.
    Red
    PS Apologies for it being more than 35 "Things." It just kept growing as we wrote it.

13. loveysbydesign

loveysbydesign I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream

Love 28 and 33a! Thanks for sharing!

14. BurleyGirl

BurleyGirl DIS Veteran

Loved your post! A great read for newbies and veterans alike!! Thanks for the giggles!

15. luvmy2babies

luvmy2babies DIS Veteran

:rotfl:

The one about Jasmine and Aladdin cracked me up. We actually met them last year during Tropical Storm Debby. Thankfully it was just rain and no thunder and lightning. Jasmine was chatting with dd though about how she was hoping it stopped soon because she wasnÂ’t used to all this rain being from Agrabar.

Pet peeve of mine too is people who stop in the middle. People are bad about it in Philharmagic and trust me, that show looks the same from wherever you sit. We have seen it a shameful number of times because all three of us love it so much. So we know.

Totally funny once when we were entering and Goofy said, "that's right ma'am you show 'em how it's done" as I was leading my two to the end of the row. My daughter didn't know it was a recording then and thought Goofy was talking to me. She was proud. :rotfl:

16. jw50

jw50 <font color=purple>I might make it sound more emba

Sadly, they already know the point. They also know that nobody is going to physically force them to move and after about the 3rd or 4th time someone "accidentally" stepped on their toes it would probably just result in a fight in the middle of the row. I don't think we have ever been in an attraction with the rows that at least one group (seems like they always have to be one of the first ones into the attraction) didn't stop in the center of a row.

17. Luvchefmic

Luvchefmic DIS Veteran

Can always learn something here on the Dis no matter how often we go thanks for telling me specifically where Tink/Pixie Hollow is I ALWAYS miss it ( & then remember I missed it when we get home :rotfl:)

Not sure I'd raise my arms in SM or RnRC :crazy2: but loved your post OP

18. roselark

roselark DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for posting this! It definitely gives me a better appreciation for buffet waitstaff. I never really realized how much work was involved.

19. floydfamily4

floydfamily4 DIS Veteran

Thank you! It was funny and helpful :thumbsup2

20. happygirl

happygirl DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for the great tips

21. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

LOVE your post! Well written and much appreciated. :goodvibes

And THANKS for my laugh of the day:

12) Wishes from Narcossees' deck is beautiful.

13) Narcoossees is over-priced!!!!

14) I can't spell Narcoosses correctly or consistently.
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: