• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3/26/09 3 night Wonder. Meet on deck near the Mickey pool on Friday at 4:30pm.

08-12-25-42.jpg

This is my first photo post. Vegaslover...this is my DD.

Waah! For a number of reasons, I hadn't been able to check my hubby and DS' flight info (for time changes, etc). I made hubby and DS' flights in June (we're flying separately because of frequent flyer tickets on two different airlines), and in June, American made a schedule change -- instead of just a stopover in NY, like they had, they were now flying into LaGuardia, then from KENNEDY to Orlando! Which meant they'd have to get them selves from LaGuardia to Kennedy! When I called to holler and change that, there was a nonstop from Chicago to Orlando available, so I requested that. OK, they were set! Not so -- because my hard drive had problems, I wasn't able to check their flights for several months. We got a new hard drive yesterday, and when I finally was able to check their flights, American had changed them not to a nonstop Chicago-Orlando, but Chicago to NEW YORK!!!! Of course, I called American immediately -- the guy was very nice, said of course since American had made the mistake they'd fix it, but the desk that can do that is closed until tomorrow (Monday)! Please, if you see this, I know it's long, but send "fix it!" thoughts to American... or else hubby and son will have a wonderful NEW YORK vacation! I'll be lonely in my condo...

- Erin:confused3 :badpc:

Waah! For a number of reasons, I hadn't been able to check my hubby and DS' flight info (for time changes, etc). I made hubby and DS' flights in June (we're flying separately because of frequent flyer tickets on two different airlines), and in June, American made a schedule change -- instead of just a stopover in NY, like they had, they were now flying into LaGuardia, then from KENNEDY to Orlando! Which meant they'd have to get them selves from LaGuardia to Kennedy! When I called to holler and change that, there was a nonstop from Chicago to Orlando available, so I requested that. OK, they were set! Not so -- because my hard drive had problems, I wasn't able to check their flights for several months. We got a new hard drive yesterday, and when I finally was able to check their flights, American had changed them not to a nonstop Chicago-Orlando, but Chicago to NEW YORK!!!! Of course, I called American immediately -- the guy was very nice, said of course since American had made the mistake they'd fix it, but the desk that can do that is closed until tomorrow (Monday)! Please, if you see this, I know it's long, but send "fix it!" thoughts to American... or else hubby and son will have a wonderful NEW YORK vacation! I'll be lonely in my condo...

- Erin:confused3 :badpc:

Sending you good vibes that you have got the flights fixed up Erin!:wizard:
I can't believe the airlines! We booked in September and have had our flights changed on us 2 times already - without ever being notified. Most recently, they changed our flight from Orlando to Salt Lake to go to Cincinnati and then to Salt Lake. The problem was that we were then to leave Salt Lake for Boise 2 hours BEFORE our flight got in to Salt Lake!

Well, hubby and DS get to go to Florida instead of New York, but they lose the entire day on Friday! The agent I spoke with on Saturday said they'd put them on a 7 am flight, which would have been difficult but doable (we have to drop off older boy at school at 4:45 a.m.), but when American fixed it, they put them on a 12:50 p.m. flight. I tried to get them on a 10:20 a.m. flight, which was the one I had requested when American originally screwed up, but they keep denying me. They said I can call every day to see if something opened up, and you know I will! AT the same time, I got my flight changed (also on Saturday, before the American flight got resolved) from 2:30 p.m. to 8 a.m., thinking I would get in right around the same time as they would.... ha ha ha! But we'll all be there, guess that's what counts.

- Erin :earsgirl:

Jimny -- don't you just love the airlines? Hope you got your Boise/Salt Lake problem fixed! Do you live in Boise? My youngest brother, his wife and their menagerie (pets, no kids yet) live there! Don't let the airline push you around --
Erin

Jimny -- don't you just love the airlines? Hope you got your Boise/Salt Lake problem fixed! Do you live in Boise? My youngest brother, his wife and their menagerie (pets, no kids yet) live there! Don't let the airline push you around --
Erin

Delta fixed us up right away when I called. We got new flight numbers but within 5 minutes of the original schedule. I did have to demand that they assign us seats on all the flights instead of waiting until we arrive at the airport. When there are 4 people flying together there is no way we would be seated together if they waited. It's just lucky for us that I happened to check our itinerary and discovered the mix up. I had already selected seats on the original flights online, but couldn't do that on the new ones for some reason. Let this be a lesson to you all - keep checking on your reservations so you are sure nothing has been changed on them without your knowledge! (Erin-We do live just outside of Boise.)

My goodness! I see there are some other people who had their flights arrangements jacked up. I was booked on airtran from st. louis to orlando. Had two decent non stops. they e-mailed me and changed my flight out of st. louis to a connecting flight with a two hour lay over and we would have gotten to WDW 3 hours later. And this was the best they could do. So, I asked them if I could get a refund. the rep politely said yes and that I had all the time in the world to think about it. Luckily I found an awesome round trip, both nonstops and better flight times on Southwest for only $40 more total, but with no checked baggage fees it's a wash. I called airtran and cancelled my round trip w/ them for a full refund and rebooked on Southwest, which is the airline I wanted to fly to begin with. In St. louis, Soutwest has their own terminal, so it's much easier. Aside from that, I am also happy because I don't have to wait 4 hours at MCO to leave after our cruise.

Delta fixed us up right away when I called. We got new flight numbers but within 5 minutes of the original schedule. I did have to demand that they assign us seats on all the flights instead of waiting until we arrive at the airport. When there are 4 people flying together there is no way we would be seated together if they waited. It's just lucky for us that I happened to check our itinerary and discovered the mix up. I had already selected seats on the original flights online, but couldn't do that on the new ones for some reason. Let this be a lesson to you all - keep checking on your reservations so you are sure nothing has been changed on them without your knowledge! (Erin-We do live just outside of Boise.)

How are you all checking? are you just putting in your confirmation number to see if there are any changes or are you logging in to a member site?

Mine are on American and United (Southwest isn't an option, too bad, the closest SWA airport is more than 2 hours away, AND we're flying on frequent flyer tickets, which is part of our problem) -- I just go to the airline sites and use our locator numbers. It's pretty convenient.
- Erin

Jen, I will be loading a picture of my DD soon! I have just moved my pictures from my old computer onto my new computer and it is taking 5 hours. Yes, 5 hours!

L,

We have our dinner reservation for Palo on the second night at 6 PM as well! I am trying to decide if we are going to go to Palo. I am not sure if we are going to go because I have read that it takes about 2 hours, and I don't want to miss a show or Animator's Palate. I guess we will wait until we see what our dinning rotation is. :hourglass

Jen

Hi all -- I've tried to find this elsewhere, but can't -- do any of you know if they have Photopass photographers on the cruise boats? Thanks!

Erin:confused3

From what I have read they do not have photopass like at the parks. They have people who take pictures and then you go "hunt" for your pictures at the photo place. (I am so technical with my names.)

We had early dismissal today from school (work) for rainy and freezing temps. I am hoping for a snow day tomorrow. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter