3/26/09 3 night Wonder. Meet on deck near the Mickey pool on Friday at 4:30pm.

ILuvJimny

Mouseketeer
I and DH, DS14 and his Dfriend15 will be sailing DCL for the first time to celebrate our anniversary and DS's 15th birthday. We are nervous, but very excited to experience the world of cruising, especially on the greatest cruise line in the world.

Would love to hear of any others who will be on the same cruise!

Has anyone else cruised in late March and can give us some pointers on weather and shore excursions and crowds and such?

With teens, should we keep the early dinner sitting or change to the later? We checked out the menus and the teens are not very excited to eat 'fancy food', but would almost rather stick with Pizza and burgers.

What is the teen club really like? Will our teens want to do shore excursions with others in the club or should we plan a couple of family things? (They're pretty easy going, good students, great kids from a small town. Will they feel out of place with the big city kids?)

Thanks for tolerating all the questions. We are looking forward to hearing from fellow cruisers!

Don't have alot of answers to your questions but ..will be along on the same cruise. This will be our 2nd Disney cruise and we are so excited. Our kids (DS 11 and DS 6) loved the kids clubs on our last cruise. I never saw alot of teens "roaming" the ship and the "loft" always seemed to have quite a crowd around it. The early sitting for dinner generally has alot families present. Remember if you do the late sitting then you will be at the show first ~5:30p and dinner ~8p. The shows were great and we plan on seeing them all again. Have fun planning..don't worry about anything because you we all have a GREAT time!:sail:

Cant wait! Taking advantage of the DS 6th bday and using that excuse for our trip!
We are also bringing along our neighbors/friends and their family!
Cant wait! :cheer2:

It's great to see there will be other DISers on the cruise!! We will designate SPEAKSFAM as our cruise expert since they have been on a DCL cruise before, okay?

Did you all get to take advantage of the 'kids sail free' offer? Do you have early or late dinner?

Do you realize that we are now officially LESS THAN 100 DAYS - in just double digits, now? It will be a WONDERful cruise!!

:wave2:

Love that we are in the double didgets! We have been avid disney vacationers, but decided to take advantage of the curise special....along with our 1st time disney cruise (and disney virgins) are coming along! I cant wait!

I think we got the later seating cause the earlier was filled. I dont care what it is tell you the truth-- what i understand is all you do is eat on a cruise anyway :rotfl:

My DH, DD (4), and I will be traveling on this cruise. We hope to celebrate my DD's birthday as she will be turning 5 two weeks after the cruise. My husband and I took a 3 day cruise with Carnival on our honeymoon (10 years ago) along with a 4 day trip to Disney World. Last summer we went back to Disney World (8 days) for the first time since our honeymoon and took our DD for her visit time. We are all very excited about this cruise. Gotta love the kids cruise free sale!

DH :surfweb: ME :teacher: DD princess:

2009 (March) Disney Cruise 4 Days/3 Nights
2008 Disney World Pop Century 8 Days
1998 Disney World Grand Floridian 4 Days

Yeah...more March cruisers!
Yes we did take advantage of the kids sail free! I had no intention of taking another cruise this year but I couldn't pass it up! We leave in 10 days for a 7 day trip to Fort Wilderness as part of the buy 4 get 3 free deal. I thought for sure my husband would never agree to it...but he did!!!! :banana:
My youngest son will be turning 7 the day before the cruise so we will be celebrating his birthday for sure!! Hope everyone had a great New Years and can't wait to hear about everyones planning!

Yes, we took advantage of the kids sail free offer. I was so excited to hear of the offer. My old boss told me about it. She will be with her family on the same cruise. Small world.

Me :teacher: DH:surfweb: DDprincess:

March 2009 Disney Cruise
June 2008 WDW Pop
June 1998 WDW Grand Floridian

Hi all -- we'll also be on this cruise! Me, hubby, two boys 13 and 16. We just booked, got last quad on cat 12 (although someone on another forum said there are no quads on 12, we'll see). The first seating was sold out, so we're second waitlisted for first (kids want to eat fancy food!, and we prefer to eat earlier -- maybe you want to trade?). They're looking forward to the teen club. We've been on other cruise lines, never on DCL, very excited to be going!

- Erin

It's only 11 weeks until we are on our cruise!

My DS14 has been counting down the weeks for a couple of months now. We just made our final payment so I guess we are really committed now. If I could only get the rest of the group to decide if they want to book any shore excursions.

:dance3: :woohoo:

Final payment was made today... yay! Tomorrow is 75 days, boys and girls, we can make our reservations! Jiminy, I wonder if we can figure out how to get our boys to meet up! And all of us, too -- maybe something to explore closer to our date.

My aunt, our travel agent, is trying to push Disney on getting us first dining -- older son and I both have low blood sugar and don't wait easily for dinner (I know, there's more food on the boat than you should ever eat, but don't want to ruin our appetites with small stuff). Hopefully that will help!

Is anybody doing WDW beforehand? Older son is playing with school band and choir (actually, singing with choir, I guess) on MOnday at DTD for Magic Music Days, so we're going down ahead to time to hear him (and get a bigger Dis fix). Can't wait!

- Erin
:yay: :yay: :mickeyjum:

We are doing the cruise only this time. Last June we went to WDW for 8 days for our 10th anniversary and our DD (4) 1st trip to WDW. My husband and I met in band in high school and have been together since we were 16. (Feel free to do the math.)

Me :teacher: DH :surfweb: DD princess:

I'm so excited! First Disney Cruise. I will be there with my DH and DD who will be 4 (closer to 5). I would love for her to meet another child close to her age to hang around with at the oceaneers club. And my DH wants to do some activities like basketball. Anyone intersted?

My DD (4) will turn 5 two weeks after the cruise. She loves to meet new friends. She is an only child so she is so excited when she has others to play with. I just booked our Palo res. and the kids club. I told DD about the club and how it was for kids only. She was so excited. She just asked me if she was going to make new friends. Sounds like a yes!

ME :teacher: DH :surfweb: DD princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter