• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3/26/09 3 night Wonder. Meet on deck near the Mickey pool on Friday at 4:30pm.

I don't know about all of you, but when I was a kid, I thought the original witch mountain was a little scary.

Can you rent snorkel stuff at Castaway Cay? Both my boys have tried snorkeling with various degrees of success (mostly at the shark reef at Typhoon Lagoon, I think), and I'm not sure I want to try to buy stuff ahead and pack it, since we'll be at WDW for 6 days ahead. But I think they might have more success if they have the gear at home to try in the bathtub :rotfl2: sorry can't really imagine that. Anyway, wondering if anybody knows!
Erin
:laundy: this is what i'll be doing all week at WDW thanks to luggage fees...

I think that practicing in the bathtub is a great idea. The first time they make a mistake and get a mouth full of salt water they will be wishing they had practiced at home first. I know you can rent snorkle equipment, but I'm not sure if that is done on the boat or in CC.

Just curious, did any of you book a Cat 12? I did and I can't wait to get my cruise documents to see what I get. Right now our cruise is sold out for families of 4, but they have plenty of cabins for families of 3 or less.

Also, are any of you going to be at WDW before the cruise? We'll be there 5 days. There is just too much to figure out. I'm overwhelmed. All I know for sure is I have my dinner reservations ready and I need to see Fantasmic.

Hi -- we booked a cat 12, the reservationist told me we got the last 4-person room, hope we get bumped up! We're also going to WDW beforehand -- getting there Fri, 3/20. I'm trying not to be overwhelmed -- I've been there twice in the last year, and my son (actually only one of them will be with us, the other is down there for Magic Music Days with high school band) has been there several times before, so we're planning to take it fairly easy. Have fun! Don't get overwhelmed, pick your favorites and let the rest fall where it will!
Any way we can all meet up on the ship? Does that ever work?
- Erin

Hi -- we booked a cat 12, the reservationist told me we got the last 4-person room, hope we get bumped up! We're also going to WDW beforehand -- getting there Fri, 3/20. I'm trying not to be overwhelmed -- I've been there twice in the last year, and my son (actually only one of them will be with us, the other is down there for Magic Music Days with high school band) has been there several times before, so we're planning to take it fairly easy. Have fun! Don't get overwhelmed, pick your favorites and let the rest fall where it will!
Any way we can all meet up on the ship? Does that ever work?
- Erin

Wow! you were really lucky to get the last 4 person room. You should go and play the lottery. I would love to meet everyone. I think it would be fun.
I think I need a guide book and I'll just highlight some things. If I see them fine, if not fine. I won't create a schedule or anything. That would be a drag.

We are doing the cruise only this time. In June we went to WDW for 8 days for our 10th wedding anniversary and for our DD's 1st WDW trip. We did book a CAT 12 but since there are only 3 of us I won't be surprised if we stay in a Cat 12 since they seem to be a 3 person room. (From what I can tell.)

Me DH DD :dance3:

There is only three of us too, so we may get a category 12, but oh well! I've been on a cruise before and an inside stateroom is no big deal. We may totally luck out of they don't sell the rest of the staterooms. We need some Pixie dust!

Our reservations are at Boma, Mama Melrose, Chef Mickey's, Cinderella Breakfast, and Tepan Edo. My DD loves it when we go to the Japanese restaurant here where they cook the food at the table. The reservationist at WDW said that Tepan Edo is extra fun!

Sounds like fun dining. Last summer we did Akershus (breakfast), 1900 Park Fare (dinner), Chef Mickey's (dinner), Hollywood and Vine (breakfast), Crystal Palace (breakfast), I can't remember the rest. Nothing too extra fancy.

My breakfast with Cinderella is at 8:30 in the morning! AGGGG! I am so not a morning person on vacation.

We have a Sunday morning at Chef Mickey's, and after trying for more than a month and a half to get past the 3/22 date, we got a ressie at Le Cellier -- for Friday the 27th! Ha ha, which I have to cancel now since we'll be on the cruise. And since DS 16 wants to do American Idol if he can on the only day that he would be with us, I don't think we'll do any other TS places (don't really need to spend that much money or eat that many calories...). This cruise may be sold out -- went to Disneycruises.com to see if they've changed the prices yet and our date doesn't come up at all when you put in March cruises, for any category.
Erin

American Idol? meaning, he will be auditioning for American Idol?
Yes, the cruise is sold out for families of 4. But, people can still make reservations for families of 3 or less. No doubt, we'll be sold out soon.

Yes, he hopes to audition for American Idol at the Studios on Wednesday, but there are some time problems (we pick him up from his band group sometime that morning -- and we're hoping it's earlier rather than later, and also hoping we can make an online reservation, like they've been talking about, for Idol). With any luck, he'll be boarding the ship having been able to sing for the crowd the day before! If, by some odd chance, he wins, there will be no living with him lol
- erin

Yes, he hopes to audition for American Idol at the Studios on Wednesday, but there are some time problems (we pick him up from his band group sometime that morning -- and we're hoping it's earlier rather than later, and also hoping we can make an online reservation, like they've been talking about, for Idol). With any luck, he'll be boarding the ship having been able to sing for the crowd the day before! If, by some odd chance, he wins, there will be no living with him lol
- erin

We will be around and about the parks for 7 days before the cruise doing the buy 4/get 3 free deal. We plan on breaking away for a trip to Busch Gardens and will probably also do a day at Disney Quest and tour Cape Canaveral. I can't get the guys to come up with anywhere they MUST eat on site, so we will not likely do any TS while there, unless it's a buffet of some sort. DS14 will have his birthday while we are there and he wants to go to the Outta Control Magic show where you get all-you-can eat salad, popcorn, soda and pizza while you watch the magic show. (It's offsite in the Wonderworks building.) Erin, we'll have to swap cell phone numbers in a PM and you can let us know how things are going with your son. Maybe we can get there to hear him sing and vote for him if things go well. (Are your sons planning on doing the 'Wild Side' tour at Castaway Cay for teens?)

We booked parasailing for the boys at Castaway Cay and the Segway tour at Nassau for DH and I, then the Glass Bottom Boat tour at Nassau for all of us. We may cancel if we chicken out or come to our senses. Gotta use up those onboard credits! Anyone else booked any shore excursions?

In 10 weeks we'll be BOARDING! (or already on the ship!!!!) OHHH-- so much to do before then. I'll go get busy!

:dance3:

HI! we were thinking about doing the glass bottom boat tour in Nassau also, haven't decided. Are there times? Guess I'll have to look at it more. We also haven't decided on anything yet for Castaway Cay, probably won't book too much since we're trying to do this cheap! When we get a little closer (so I don'tn lose it), yes, let's PM exchange numbers -- it'll be good to meet someone! And I know Greg would love it if any of you can come to see him IF he gets to do Idol. Can't wait! Especially since it's -12 here today...

- Erin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter