So you say Devine is usually in the trail area? I've only gone to AK once, and we didn't see her, but I'm planning on it for EMH on Wednesday this week so I'll try and search her out. She takes lovely pictures.

Is that elephant on the cupcake edible? I've never seen that either! But it's HUGE!

Also, I think they just call those things "antenna toppers" - I always want to buy a couple, but there are a lot of thieves around here, and every time I've come home with one someone steals it within 2 or 3 days. Seems like such a waste to purchase them and then have them stolen immediately. But I wish I could have them. Maybe if I put super glue on the inside or something....

Going on my first solo trip tomorrow, weather permitting. I hope I see some of the things I've read about on your TR!

Thanks for all the great info and pics. I am subbing since I'll be taking my first semi-solo trip in June. (DH will be there but attending conferences during the days).

Your TR is getting me pumped to visit!!!

Ooooohh, the cinnamon roll from the Main Street Bakery is amazing! I'm always amazed by the size of it.

Fun morning so far. Pirates always gives me problems photographing it too. Stupid low lighting! :laughing:

Oooo Beautiful Magic Kingdom at Halloween!! And your DTD photos and descriptions almost make up for the fact that we didn't get there :sad2:

Also BTMR wasn't operating when we were there so thanks for those photos too. Your Pirate photos are great. We got a few though we need more practice with our camera to get the right settings.

We had a delicious cinnamon roll in DHS. Don't know if it was the same as yours. Oh I miss the food at WDW...

I have enjoyed this trip report so much , Thanks ! I have, since starting reading this, had a great solo trip myself, if anyone out there is on the fence about going solo....just do it ! I felt safe and was in very familiar surroundings so no fears at all. Bit overwhelmed the first day at the parks but soon got into the swing and was closing MK at 1 am had to take a photo of the train station clock as my kids probably would not believe me.
All the resort cast members and people in line or on transportation were really friendly and most started a conversation, disney related or weather....had some wonderful sunny warm days Jan 24th thru Feb 1st. Loved the OKW resort. One problem was that you have posted such super photos I forgot to take very many myself...lol...in my mind I had already taken them ...mind if I steal a few of yours ? cannot wait for your next trip report.

Welcome back! I am slowly making my way through your TR. :surfweb: May I ask what camera settings you used on pirates?

I don't know DH had the camera then I've been reading up and trying to learn some more but it's hard to get it from just reading. I need more practice. DD2 is the best photographer.

I'm contemplating a solo trip this year only think that makes me nervous is being in hotel room alone!

Hoping you'll update soon! I'm really enjoying reading along. I've thought about a solo trip, but not sure it is for me...
Can't wait for an update!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter