Wow I feel so special that mine is the first you are subbing to! lol I hope you enjoy and it is not photo overload.

I love the photos they are just beautiful.:flower3: Keep 'em coming..

Hmmm knowing how I was as a teen I can understand how WDW can be different and maybe even challenging with teens. The mere fact that your 15 and 18 year-old are willing to go to WDW says that you must be a fabulous Mom!

I was a high school teacher so I know how teens can be. I don't take mine for granted. I don't know what we did but they love family gatherings and family trips and are looking forward to this adventure. Apart from the inevitable arguments over the 1 bathroom (at home the girls share and we have our own en-suite). DD2&3 also share a tiny room so they will be used to bunking in. I'm not anticipating any traumas. I think they know how lucky they are.

I was still sipping my drink and noticed that the World Showcase Players were beginning their show. I had only seen bits and pieces before so decided to watch. How relaxing, to sip my drink in the sunshine and watch the show.

Uh, only until they picked me to be in the show. Crap.
:rotfl: All part of the adventure...

I know what you mean about being lonely at night at the hotel. This was also a concern of mine. But really, if you are going to see fireworks at night, even in the slow season you usually won't get back until 10pm. If you are going to do rope drop the next day, that leaves enough time for a dip in the hot tub and then off to bed not too late. Or you can always go shopping (Premium outlets are open until 11pm M-Sat), or to DTD. It's not like you are spending tons and tons of time in your room probably so I think you will be just fine.

It is so nice to see another broccoli lover here!!!!! Previous to the broccoli being served at CHH, I would have to go to Sweet Tomatoes mid-trip and have a place of raw broccoli and dip so my body would not be upset! haha It's funny but I am being serious. :upsidedow But yea, Sweet Tomatoes is another option if you need to get some "normal" veggie-type food into you. Oh and don't forget your Sweet Tomatoes coupon if you do go!

You have a point about the room at night, and I never thought about it like that - I more thought I'd have all this time in the room. But you're right, if you stay all day, you'll just have time for a quick relaxing dip in the hot tub before bed time. Hmm, something to think about.

I am very much an obsessive broccoli lover - I eat about 2-3 cups a day, 5-6 times a week. I steam it and fresh-grate some black pepper Parmesan cheese over it. I also have a lemon garlic olive oil topping that I like a lot. Or I'll add leftover broccoli to quinoa, or to my sandwiches. I tried it for the first time in my life about 4 years ago, and now I eat it ALL THE TIME. Thanks for the tips!

Well the timing of this TR is perfect ! I have booked with Dave for DVC points at OKW in January for 8 days 7 nights. First time Solo and really looking forward to staying in a Delux Resort for the first time. Your photos are really great and your first full day has left me exhausted lol I am a little over 60 yrs young and should maybe start getting back to my treadmill. All your tips about eating smaller and more often are all getting filed away in my trip planning notes. I will try to avoid getting a special needs room at all costs, had one once and found the walk in shower quite dangerous with all the water splashing all over the floor. I am a little worried about feeling a bit weepy when the music and the fireworks are on, always nice to have a body to hug at that time. As for not having to wait on anyone else for anything, PRICELESS. Keep this report coming and thanks.
Too bad Dumbo AND Big Thunder Railroad will be down for refurb during my visit.

Subscribing to your thread, never been alone but since the kids are getting a little older it will be harder to pull them out of school so I'm thinking maybe I could get away for a few days by myself. I could use some time just walking through all the shops and looking at everything without having to rush to the next ride. I feel like I missed so much a couple of weeks ago when we were there. Right now just living through you and your beautiful pictures!! What kind of camera do you have taking such wonderful pictures. I love pictures, the more the merrier. Can't wait to read more and how enjoyable it was.

Holly

Keep your photos coming. I am really enjoying your perspective.

Your family sounds just lovely. :cloud9: Do you have 3 kids total? If so, I bet a room a Wyndham Bonnet Creek resort would be perfect since you would have multiple bathrooms for the price of a value resort. And it is such a gorgeous resort.

We are staying at the FW Cabins. We wanted onsite. We have free dining and the use of Disney transport. That was all a plus for us. 1 extra bathroom would be nice but we don't plan on spending too much time in our Cabin anyway.

That salad looks really good! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It does look like enough to feed two people.

I often park at the Beach Club when I want to go to Epcot. :rolleyes1 We're rebels I guess.

Really loving your report - i love travelling alone, there are so many benefits :thumbsup2

Although it is nice to have hubby there occasionally to share special sights with :love:

Can't wait to read more! :banana::banana::banana:

I'm so excited for Star Tours. :dance3:I'm trying not to be because I don't want to be disappointed.

When DH and I went to DL back in '92 we loved the original Star Tours and went on it 4 times and we were only in DL for 1 day!! Then in in '09 we went back again. Still loved it and so did the girls but could we see it was getting a bit dated.

So when I heard they had updated I was so excited. Secretly I'm as excited for Star Tours as I am for Harry Potter...shhh don't tell the girls.

Thanks for the pics. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter