2016 Trip Check in

We will be going January 25th just for one day! The week before we will be doing a cruise to Santa Barbara and Ensenada but wanted to fit in Disneyland. My husband and I have been too many times to count but this will be our first trip with our daughter who will be 13 months when we visit, technically she's been before because we went when I was pregnant but this is her first official trip. We will be going with my mom and our best friends who are bring their daughter for the first time as well, she will be about 2 1/2 years at that point.
I'm so excited but also a little intimidated. I like to think of myself as a park expert but throwing little kids into the mix changes everything. I've got a lot of research to do about what the girls can and can't go on and we have to change our touring style completely. But to see the kids react to the park the first time will be so amazing.
Looks like no one else will be there at the same time but maybe someone will sign on in the meantime.

Everyone have a great trip!

April 27-May 1, DH and I (mid-late 50s), staying at the Disneyland Hotel. I'm a huge Disney nut and we're both WDW vets. I've been to DL a few times for DD's dance events, DH has never been.

Plans for now are to book WoC and (maybe) Fantasmic packages. Looking forward to seeing Radiator Springs (we were in Seligman last year) and riding Indiana Jones and the other things not available at WDW.

We're going to a wedding in Las Vegas first then flying to California. The last time we were out west we had a DH trip-hiking in Zion and the Grand Canyon-so this time I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND!
hate to be the bearer of bad news but F! will not be operating at all next year since Rivers of America will be closed

Family trip Feb 1-Feb 8. We have a looking at options for where we can stay. DS 26 DD 24 DS 18 and DS17 plus my DD 24 is bringing her longtime boyfriend-he went as a small child and remembers just the train and HM! He is really on board with planning and looking forward to this trip even tho he usually prefers mountain for for his vacations. I told him there are lots of mountains in DL! 4 of us the whole week and the 2 youngest for Fri-Sun. We will also take our non Disney day to go to Knotts or San Diego or Beach if weather permits.

Finally have tentative dates. At this point, it looks like we will be there 10/7-10/11. Time to start reading up on Halloween time at DL!

April 27-May 1, DH and I (mid-late 50s), staying at the Disneyland Hotel. I'm a huge Disney nut and we're both WDW vets. I've been to DL a few times for DD's dance events, DH has never been.

Plans for now are to book WoC and (maybe) Fantasmic packages. Looking forward to seeing Radiator Springs (we were in Seligman last year) and riding Indiana Jones and the other things not available at WDW.

We're going to a wedding in Las Vegas first then flying to California. The last time we were out west we had a DH trip-hiking in Zion and the Grand Canyon-so this time I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND!

Fantasmic will be dark on your dates. :( Closes January 10 until at least 2017 due to Star Wars Land. Beware of Dapper Day crowds on May 1. :) Here's a thread to view...http://www.disboards.com/threads/2016-calendar-of-events-school-breaks-and-dlr.3434866/

The DH just gave me the go ahead to start making plans for the week after Thanksgiving 2016! This will be our 3rd trip during the Christmas season, and we will be staying 6 nights in the Grand Californian! Can't wait!

We are going July 6 to July 12 (with God's good grace). Already bought the airline tickets!! So excited to take my DGS, he's 5yo and autistic, also coming are my DD (DGS' Mom) and my then 16yo DNc (who's always wanted to go to California). We will be staying the whole time at DHL (first was going to do a split stay btw BWPAI and DHL, then I changed it to PPH and DHL and finally decided to just stay at DHL the whole time). The reason for changing is that my DGS doesn't do well with change, and, after doing research and reading on how busy it is at the time of our visit, I wanted to take pool breaks at a nice hotel, that had a great pool area! I think I chose well (fingers crossed). I have made multiple trips (as you can see from my signature) to WDW but only once to DL and it was a while ago. So I'm very excited to be going and grateful I can introduce my DGS, DD and DNc to the Original!

Last edited:
Very silly question; but. . . we are BOOKED BABY for DL December 15-23rd, 2016!! I have the 5 day hopper pass: yet planning on buying another 3 day hopper. This will give us a full 8 days in park(s). Is this too much??? I have only read about how busy Christmas time is, and I'm planning for this with 8 days and the ability to take our time. Hoping to fit in an Ducks hockey game, if they are in town!! So my question for those who have been/seen/experienced; is 8 days too much or enough time during the Christmas time there???

Very silly question; but. . . we are BOOKED BABY for DL December 15-23rd, 2016!! I have the 5 day hopper pass: yet planning on buying another 3 day hopper. This will give us a full 8 days in park(s). Is this too much??? I have only read about how busy Christmas time is, and I'm planning for this with 8 days and the ability to take our time. Hoping to fit in an Ducks hockey game, if they are in town!! So my question for those who have been/seen/experienced; is 8 days too much or enough time during the Christmas time there???
No, this is not too many days. We have APs and go for 6 days in July. This past summer we got in on a blockout day and we had 6 1/2 days. Another year we went for 7 1/2 days because we went to Club 33 on our block out day and got in the park by purchasing a Club 33 ticket. And Christmas time is even busier than the summer. So, no I don't think 8 days is too many for a time when it will be hard to get a lot in on any given day. Sounds fun!

I can officially say we will be going to Disneyland in early May! :D Husband and I are booked out in Big Bear Lake and with this being our first trip to California, I knew we couldn't avoid popping over for a couple days ^_^ We will be in the area from May 11-18 and deciding between 2-3 days at the park. Our friend is a CM out there and can get us in one of the days. We have been to DW a couple times over the past few years so I'm excited to experience the other park!

I have an AP and so far have three 2016 trips planned, but I'm sure there will be one or two more!!

January 29-31
February 15 (one day as part of a So Cal trip the fam is taking)
June 15-18 (my nieces 10th birthday! - surprising her with one night at the DLH - it's all I can afford)

Can't wait!!

We're planning our first family DLR trip for June 20-24. We'll be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary with our 2 20-something "kids". We're long time WDW'ers, looking forward to this trip. I'm told I was at Disneyland when I was 6 months old or so (back in 1963). I'm not sure why I don't remember being there. :)

We're planning our first family DLR trip for June 20-24. We'll be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary with our 2 20-something "kids". We're long time WDW'ers, looking forward to this trip. I'm told I was at Disneyland when I was 6 months old or so (back in 1963). I'm not sure why I don't remember being there. :)
We will be there the same time!! It can't get here fast enough for me!! At least the beg of the year because that is when I start buying tickets and all of our stuff, I already got the hotel booked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter