2016 January Check-in Thread

14th - 18 the for all 3 SW races :). And staying at the carousel inn . And coming without having the family as I will be running each day .

Can't wait.

Heading down from the 14th to the 18th for a joint birthday celebration for DH and myself (both January birthdays). Both of us are running the Star Wars 10k on Saturday. Splitting our time between two hotels: BWPPI and DLH -- both will be firsts for us. Can't wait but fearing the rain (although we need it).

Heading down from the 14th to the 18th for a joint birthday celebration for DH and myself (both January birthdays). Both of us are running the Star Wars 10k on Saturday. Splitting our time between two hotels: BWPPI and DLH -- both will be firsts for us. Can't wait but fearing the rain (although we need it).

Welcome! Great place to celebrate birthdays. Lots of runners for SW.

Disney just posted their winter hotel rate special today. 20% off Sunday through Thursday stays.

I was able to save money on my already made reservations so if you've made a reservation with Disney resort or Costco they should honor the new price.

Group ?:

Who is your favorite character(s) to meet at the parks? Or if this if your first time who is on your must see list?
Difficult question. I like meeting the classic Fab 5 but Ariel is my favorite princess. We had a great experience with Jessie at DL when ODS was wearing a Buzz jacket.

As you can see by nane we are big Poohbearfriends. Last year the whole back of the park was closed and so no Pooh bear meet and greet so we had Minnie's breakfast just to see them.

We're split on princesses. Belle is my favorite. DD is a huge Cinderella fan. Oldest DD looks like Merida.

our dates are Jan 12 to 18, staying at BW Stovalls and running SW weekend!
We haven't stayed on that side of the parks either -- but it is close to the running corrals so I thought we would give it a chance
I will be looking for a report on how you liked it! there will still be time to change hotels if we must lol! from what I have read....we have asked for a room up on the top floor, and facing toward the pool, east so we get the morning sun. a little further to walk to the front of the hotel but also quieter :)

My family is full of Pooh Bear fans, too! One of my favourite memories ever is my two kids meeting Pooh and Eeyore for the first time - they were 2 & 3 years old. It was just magic. They also LOVE Mickey and Minnie. This trip, they will be so excited to meet Tink and a fairy friend for the first time - since their last trip 2.5 years ago, they have fallen in love with all of the Disney Fairy movies. The only problem is, my daughter insists she is going to ask Tink for pixie dust because she wants to fly...not sure how Tink is going to respond to that one - I assume she's been asked it lots before! Hopefully my daughter is not too disappointed! And they are also going to want to meet Elsa and Anna for the first time. :)

Group ?:

Who is your favorite character(s) to meet at the parks? Or if this if your first time who is on your must see list?

I actually really enjoy meeting Olaf, Anna, and Elsa. Olaf is just cool because he's a huge hit with our kids. Anna and Elsa is probably the longest wait I've ever had to meet a character, but they were really interactive with all of my kids and just put a huge smile on my face the way they interacted. Mickey Mouse is the other must. It just isn't a trip to Disneyland without Mickey.

We'd love to meet Rapunzel, but she never seems to be there. Hoping to meet some Star Wars characters, too. And I want to start a campaign to bring Baymax back...not sure it will happen any time soon, but why is it that one of the coolest characters to meet was gone so fast? We hadn't even seen the movie until after he stopped doing M&G.

Rapunzel was out in front at Fantasy Faire last year. Long wait but my daughter has very long blond hair so a great interaction.

Does anyone know if Anna and Elsa's line is less busy now? Last year we did it at rope drop. Busy!

I can't believe how close our trip is getting! I'm SO excited. Does anyone know whether the nighttime entertainment (fireworks, etc) is on at an earlier time January because it gets darker earlier, or is it generally the same times as usual?

Rapunzel was out in front at Fantasy Faire last year. Long wait but my daughter has very long blond hair so a great interaction.

Does anyone know if Anna and Elsa's line is less busy now? Last year we did it at rope drop. Busy!

We saw Anna and Elsa when we were there in August. We went at Rope Drop and waited about an hour. I would hope it'll be better in the winter, but who knows? Did you do it at DCA or DL? I never did it at DL when it was there, but that line was a mess. It's much better organized at DCA.

I can't believe how close our trip is getting! I'm SO excited. Does anyone know whether the nighttime entertainment (fireworks, etc) is on at an earlier time January because it gets darker earlier, or is it generally the same times as usual?
I looked at next weeks calendar just to get an idea before holiday season and full volume.

Fireworks and parade are earlier on week nights.

We are jumping into January from December :) I'm debating jan 4-11 or end of Jan into February. Has anyone gone at the tail end of Christmas season and is it horribly crowded?

http://www.disboards.com/threads/woc-dark-jan-19-feb-1st-2016.3459802/
WOC will be dark from January 19 through February 1 for trip planning purposes. Between this, Fantasmic, Rivers of America and thus the Mark Twain etc, The Railroad, and all the water rides being down, I am beginning to rethink this trip :(
Yeah, I saw that. :( Our APs expire Feb 6, and I was able to book Disneyland Hotel for Jan 31-Feb 7 for 237/nt pretax. I figure this beats out AP prices (was going to stay at PPH, but that averaged higher) and this way we at least get WoC. Last year we went Feb 6-11 and swam! Hopefully it is warm if it is going to be rainy.

Smiley-face: Don't let those closures stop you from coming; there is so much to enjoy!

I just booked the Disneyland Hotel! I got a great rate on Orbitz. For now I will keep our BWPPI hotel in case I chicken out over the added cost of DLH. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter