2016 January Check-in Thread

PoohBearFriends

DIS Veteran
Very excited! Just book our trip so I am starting the January Thread.

Welcome to the January 2016 group:

707MickeyGirl: Dec. 26 - Jan. 3, CCI
94Bruin: Dec. 31 - Jan. 3, Hyatt Place
PixiDustMom: Jan 1-2, Ramada South
Disney127: Jan. 1-3, BWPPI
Jtishere: Jan. 1-5, Doubletree vs Red Lion
Woodynjessiesmomma: Jan 2-6, DLH
Mommylove: Jan. 2-6, BW Anaheim Inn
Rizzle64: Jan. 3-7, Worldmark Anaheim
Lvdis: Jan. 3-8, Tropicana
Resuce Pooh: Jan. 4-6
Cathyb93: Jan 4-7, Park Vue
Weheartdisney07: Jan. 4-8, GCH Villas
NewbieMouse: Jan. 4-8, BWPPI
Katethegreat24: Jan. 10-12
Arnir: Jan. 4-11, HOJO
StayClassy: Jan. 4-14
MikiMouse: Jan. 6-8 Anaheim RV Park
Masonmj84: Jan. 6-10, DLH
Moulinette: Jan. 7
Dani24: Jan. 7-8, Park Vue Inn
Amyg1975: Jan. 7-9, DLH
SoccerDogWithEars: Jan. 7-11, BW Pavillion
Krand12: Jan. 7-11, PPH
Tamara NZ: Jan. 7-19, Desert Inn
Sorcerer Jody: Jan. 8-13, BWPPI
Beachdreamer1229: Jan. 9
Brianerickson: Jan. 9-13, Travelodge
PinkBudgie: Jan. 9-12, CCI
Tasscrapper: Jan. 9-13Ty
Dec2009: Jan. 12-18, BW Stovalls (Star Wars Run)
Dis_Yoda: Jan. 12-19, GCH (Star Wars Run)
Vettegirl: Jan. 13-17, Homewood Suites (Star Wars Run Weekend)
Bumbershoot: Jan. 13-19 Desert Palms (Star Wars Run)
Huggybuff: Jan. 13-22, (Star Wars Run)
Taffy: Jan. 14-18, Carousel Inn (Star Wars Run(s))
Ej119: Jan. 14-18, BWPPI and DLH. (Star Wars Run)
Ten6mom: Jan. 14-18, Anaheim Plaza. (Star Wars Run)
Kristie101: Jan. 14-18, BW Stovalls (Star Wars Run)
Acrozier22: Jan. 14-18, (Star Wars Run)
Disneylandplanner: Jan. 14-18, Desert Inn
AussieNSW: Jan. 15-17
Malcon 10t: Jan. 15-18, DLH (Star Wars Run)
DisneyMandC: Jan. 15-18 one day trip
OkTracy: Jan. 23-25, Tropicana
Myladyfae and Cjgren: Jan. 24-30, GCH
Smiley_Face2: Jan. 25- Feb. 3, BW Stovalls
Poohbearfriends: Jan. 28-Feb. 2, PPH
Rentayenta: Jan. 28-Feb.1, Seal Beach Hampton Inn
1magnetgirl: Jan. 28-31
BerryinDC: Jan. 29-31, GCH
CruzTerri: Jan. 29-31, BWPPI
Tlovedis: Jan. 29-31
Autumns mommy: Jan 30
KalamityJane: Jan. 31- Feb. 7, DLH

Last edited:
Park updates and Rehab/Closures:

January 11-?? Closure for Star Wars Area/Land: ROA, Fantasmic, Disneyland Railroad, Pirate's Lair onTom Sawyer Island, Mark Twain and Columbia Sailing Ship.
January 11: Permanent Closure: Big Thunder Petting Zoo and Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue.
January11: Permanent Closure: Aladdin Show

When you check the Maps on the Disneyland website and click on the individual attractions you can see the refurbishment dates:

Soarin over California: January 4-22 and 25- 28 Conts to only be open Fri-Sat Sun in February
Grizzly River Run: January 11 -14:
Autopia - Brand change: Jan 11 - Apr 28
Jungle Cruise - Major Upgrade Automatic Docking System: Jan 11 - May 5
Haunted Mansion - Holiday Overlay Removal : Jan 11 - Jan 21
World of Color: January 19- February 1:
Goofy's Kitchen: Jan 19- Feb 10
IASW - Holiday Overlay Removal: Jan 25-Feb 4

When you check the Maps on the Disneyland website and click on the individual attractions you can see the refurbishment dates:

Last edited:
Well, our plan is to go Jan 9-12 and stay at the Candy Cane Inn. Haven't booked it yet though. Just a short two day in the park trip to take our college age boys down while they are on winter break.

We were suppose to go in Sept or Oct but postponed it to Jan. If we have an awful winter like they keep saying, I'm concerned we may not be able to drive over the Grapevine to get there. I do know that our first park day is last day of so many things- the RR, Aladdin, ROA.
I'm also hoping they keep the Hyper Space Mountain up long enough for us to see it.

I just checked DLH to see what the prices would be for the most "off-est" :) time of the year I can think of and it says nothing is available from standard to suites. How can that be? Is it too far out to book?

I just checked DLH to see what the prices would be for the most "off-est" :) time of the year I can think of and it says nothing is available from standard to suites. How can that be? Is it too far out to book?
Shouldn't be too far out. Would you like me to post your dates or wait?

We booked about 6 months ago for the run weekend. What time frame are you looking for?

Welcome. Good luck training for the run.
Thank you. I am "Run Support". My kids all run. I have 3 challenge runners, 5 10K runners, and my granddaughter, who turns 5 in Jan, is running her first runDisney 5K with 6 others. So I get to get up at 0'dark thirty every morning!!

Thank you. I am "Run Support". My kids all run. I have 3 challenge runners, 5 10K runners, and my granddaughter, who turns 5 in Jan, is running her first runDisney 5K with 6 others. So I get to get up at 0'dark thirty every morning!![/QUOTE]

That is nice of you.

You can post my dates. That's the plan.

I was looking at the DLH for 4 adults for Jan 9-12. Not even the run weekend. Probably just do CCI again, but I figured Jan would be the time to check.

You can post my dates. That's the plan.

I was looking at the DLH for 4 adults for Jan 9-12. Not even the run weekend. Probably just do CCI again, but I figured Jan would be the time to check.
I plugged those dates in and there are rooms available.

Our Christmas trip will go into the new year so we will be in the parks Jan 1-3. Staying at BWPPI. Thanks for starting the thread!

I am going to Disneyland in January! It will be me, my mom, and my two kids who will be 6 & 7 by then. We are going Jan. 8 - 13th, and staying at the Best Western Park Place. Originally, I was planning on February, but when I heard about ROA, Fantasmic! and the Railroad closing, I decided to move it to January. I am hoping to see Fantasmic! on the 8th, and then we'll have the 9 & 10th to see Paint the Night and Disneyland Forever. I'm expecting the weekend to be very busy, but then I'm hoping it will be quieter on Monday and Tuesday. I can't wait! My kids don't know yet because it will be their Christmas present. It is so much fun to plan!!! :earsboy:

I am going to Disneyland in January! It will be me, my mom, and my two kids who will be 6 & 7 by then. We are going Jan. 8 - 13th, and staying at the Best Western Park Place. Originally, I was planning on February, but when I heard about ROA, Fantasmic! and the Railroad closing, I decided to move it to January. I am hoping to see Fantasmic! on the 8th, and then we'll have the 9 & 10th to see Paint the Night and Disneyland Forever. I'm expecting the weekend to be very busy, but then I'm hoping it will be quieter on Monday and Tuesday. I can't wait! My kids don't know yet because it will be their Christmas present. It is so much fun to plan!!! :earsboy:
Good timing. That is a great age for the kids! Oh I would have trouble keeping it a secret. You get to book dining fairly soon if you are doing any. I just started sketching stuff out for us.

Yes, I think Fantasmic! dining goes up to Dec. 24th now, so just a couple more weeks and I should be able to book ours. We want to get the Blue Bayou package. I hope the weather cooperates while we are there - that is, I hope the nighttime entertainment isn't cancelled due to bad weather! This will be my kids' first time being able to stay up late enough for the nighttime shows. I am assuming the parades and fireworks won't be on during the week at that time of year, so I'll only have 3 chances to see everything.

Thank you. I don't know why it wasn't showing up for me. Maybe because my internet is going in and out it caused it to do something funny. $350 a night is still more than I probably want to pay even for a short trip.

Glad you found it. We really liked DLH but tried PPH last year. Just as close with cutting through GCH. Price is enough better so I chose that one again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter