2016 January Check-in Thread

Oh, we moved our trip from December to Jan/Feb because of the closures! We'd rather have less crowds :D I got that awesome deal on DLH through Orbitz too! Check out Travelocity if you want good weekend rates, theirs weren't hiked up like Orbitz was. Ours is a mashup of 198/nt for DLH from Orbitz and 268/nt from Travelocity over the weekend.

Oh, we moved our trip from December to Jan/Feb because of the closures! We'd rather have less crowds :D I got that awesome deal on DLH through Orbitz too! Check out Travelocity if you want good weekend rates, theirs weren't hiked up like Orbitz was. Ours is a mashup of 198/nt for DLH from Orbitz and 268/nt from Travelocity over the weekend.

Welcome!

We are there January 12th to 19th at Grand Californian. My husband & I are running the 5K + Rebel Challenge.

Anyone have advice in which of these tours is the best?

Walk in Walt's Footsteps

Behind the Scenes

Disney California Adventure tour.

We'll be there Jan. 6-10.

Staying at DLH.

Hoping to catch Fantasmic and Big Thunder Ranch BBQ (for the last time).

Taking MIL who hasn't been to Disneyland since the late 1960's.

is there a refurb list yet for Jan? Other than knowing about BTRBBQ and that area being shut down -- what else? haven't done a January trip before

is there a refurb list yet for Jan? Other than knowing about BTRBBQ and that area being shut down -- what else? haven't done a January trip before

The Rivers of America, the train, F! and the Mark Twain all go down January 10th for probably about 18 months. Aladdin's last showing is also Jan 10th.

Oh and HM and IASM will both go down at some point for their holiday overlays to be removed.

3 Generations planning to visit Disneyland Jan 29 - 31, 2016. Reservations have been made at the BWPPI. Two sets of grandparents (me and hubby are one) along with our son, daughter-in-law and our granddaughter (first trip) who will be almost 19 months old by then. Hoping all goes well and reservations don't have to be cancelled. Rides under refurbishment, we're ok with as there's lots more to see!!

We'll be there Jan. 6-10.

Staying at DLH.

Hoping to catch Fantasmic and Big Thunder Ranch BBQ (for the last time).

Taking MIL who hasn't been to Disneyland since the late 1960's.

Welcome! Good timing. Wow 50 years. The park will be so different.

3 Generations planning to visit Disneyland Jan 29 - 31, 2016. Reservations have been made at the BWPPI. Two sets of grandparents (me and hubby are one) along with our son, daughter-in-law and our granddaughter (first trip) who will be almost 19 months old by then. Hoping all goes well and reservations don't have to be cancelled. Rides under refurbishment, we're ok with as there's lots more to see!!
Welcome!
Fun with a little one. I bet the adults will all enjoy watching your little granddaughter see the park for the first time.

Question:

I saved the second post for info or Refurbs for the group.

Would you like me to start a list?

(last year's was daunting, including the castle but we had a great time)

The Rivers of America, the train, F! and the Mark Twain all go down January 10th for probably about 18 months. Aladdin's last showing is also Jan 10th.

I knew about all of that going down for an extended time, which is what I called the "area" :cool2:

Question:

I saved the second post for info or Refurbs for the group.

Would you like me to start a list?

(last year's was daunting, including the castle but we had a great time)

yes pls -- that would be great!
I know about the major refurbs going on but I am wondering when HM and IASM, go down for their holiday removal. And any other rides that disney sneaks into the refurb list!

January 9th to the 13th, Travelodge!

Disneyland round 2!

I think we might be getting a bit lucky ride closure wise, since a bunch of stuff is already closing during our stay (nothing too vital to our overall enjoyment of the parks, though), they may hold off on closing stuff for at least a few days after we leave.

This could be just wishful thinking, but hey, as long as I get to ride Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Pirates, and Indy again, I'll be happy. Haunted Mansion is another favorite of mine, but since that'll be Haunted Mansion Holiday anyway, I don't feel like I'm missing too much (not the biggest Nightmare Before Christmas fan on the planet...blastphemy, I know)...

But, I'm taking my older brother with me this time for his first taste of the Mouse! Hopefully he likes it even a fraction as much as I do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter