2015 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** May 7-10, 2015

the furthest I have ran to date is 9.3 miles (15km) and that is the farthest I plan to go for my training – I did 9.3 miles in 1:43 (chip time) and I am happy with that and know I can survive another 3.8 miles (6km) and finish under 2:30!
Long runs on my own are boring…..and time consuming…lol! I have 3 more 10K races between now and May so I think I am good with doing those and sticking to my standard workout routine

I still haven't done anything more than 3 miles right now. I'm hoping to get myself in the 9 mile zone before May at least, but I honestly doubt I'll make it - not that I'll give up. If I can keep running consistently, even if they are shorter maintenance runs I will be pleased. It will be more than I've done in the past.

unless there is some serious bling involved (or its Disney) I doubt I will be a half marathoner....anything between 5 - 15KM is good for me!
I have signed up for RnR Vancouver (canada) half in October 2015 b/c I did the 10K in October 2014 and I'm looking at it as a milestone seeing how far I have come in my running in 12 months!

So ... tell me about "dead legs". Because that's what I'm going through right now!

I can ride my bike, no problem. But man ... my feet and legs do not want to pound the pavement right now.
You're not that far out from your first half marathon, so that's not too surprising. It took a week before I felt good after my first half. The nice thing is that the recovery time eases the better your base, so the longer you run the better you will feel after your long runs. I do still have heavy legs some days, and it's usually related to what I've eaten, how much sleep I've had, that sort of thing. Go enjoy a massage or roll your legs out and it might help loosen things up.

I have my 8 mile run this Saturday. I've been doing great with my runs and my miles are staying at 9min 40sec to 10min. I feel behind hearing that you guys are on mile 10-11 already! I know everyone has different training plans but your making me panic a little lol I'm headed to the running store today to get some energy gels to test out! Still have yet to decided if I will dress up or just wear my regular running outfit. Decisions haha
Don't compare yourself too closely - some of us have other races between now and Tinkerbell, so we're racking up miles for them, too. You've got a great pace, so stick with your plan and be confident!

It is/was 20 weeks (well 21... but the last week is the week after the race so I'm not even sure why there is a 21? :))
Recovery! My running group's coach includes recovery weeks in her plan, too. It's a nice reminder to take it easy.

unless there is some serious bling involved (or its Disney) I doubt I will be a half marathoner....anything between 5 - 15KM is good for me!
I have signed up for RnR Vancouver (canada) half in October 2015 b/c I did the 10K in October 2014 and I'm looking at it as a milestone seeing how far I have come in my running in 12 months!

The blink is worth it ! Trust me! If you can run 15km you can run the half. At this point it is just a mind game. Plus there is so much to look at to keep you preoccupied. You will finish in and easy 2:30 it will be less. It will be fun just don't let the distance get in your head. The feeling after is awesome!

So ... tell me about "dead legs". Because that's what I'm going through right now!

I can ride my bike, no problem. But man ... my feet and legs do not want to pound the pavement right now.

Congrats on your run! I always book a massage to help get rid of the lactic acid. After you come in next time drink plenty of water this will help too. But the massage is the best!

Does anyone know if Pandora will be coming out with a limited edition Tinkerbell?

I have not heard anything about a special release for the Half yet. However, the Spring collection that come out this month includes a couple of Tinker Bell pieces and a new runDisney charm as well - these are already available.

Here's the link if you'd like to view the collection.

The runDisney piece is a dangle charm, and the two Tinker Bell pieces, one is a dangle charm with cubic zirconia where she is inside a heart, the other is one of the Murano glass beds in a light green.

Oddly enough, I don't see the runDisney charm photographed, but I can guarantee we are already carrying it inside the Parks. I've seen it firsthand at one of my shops, Off the Page in DCA.

I was in our local Pandora shop and was telling them that Pandora was sponsoring Tinkerbell weekend in Disneyland. And the store clerk was the one who bought up the fact of wondering if they would be offering a limited edition or something to mark the event. Just looking for more bling for my upcoming achievement! You know the carrot in front of my nose to help with training runs! Something to think about and envision! Trying to keeping me inspired ran 16.5km yesterday very happy! The last bit a mind game!

Don't feel too behind. :)

I am following the Jeff Galloway one for beginners who have been running consistently less than 6 months. It is/was 20 weeks (well 21... but the last week is the week after the race so I'm not even sure why there is a 21? :)) and there is quite a lot of down time/shorter running (3 miles) between the last 2 long runs and the race. We have 13 on 3/28, then 2 shorter weeks, then 14 on 4/18, then 2 more shorter weeks, then the race on 5/10. So that is a lot of time that this particular plan is not going to be making much forward progress and a different plan that has you running long every weekend will catch up. :)

I have decided I'm not going to go 14 on that last long run, and just do another 13, and save the last 0.1 for the race. :D

I'm following Galloway, too. I missed last week's 11.5 miler because I wanted to run a local 5K with my son so I'll be doing it this weekend. Pretty sure that will be my longest distance before the half. I don't really get running past your goal distance on a lonely training run? Don't you want to save it for the big day? LOL...well, I do!

Also, I hope DL updates the calendar soooooon!

Oh, and I'm considering running Star Wars...when does registration open? I can't even believe I'm thinking of it!!!

I was in our local Pandora shop and was telling them that Pandora was sponsoring Tinkerbell weekend in Disneyland. And the store clerk was the one who bought up the fact of wondering if they would be offering a limited edition or something to mark the event. Just looking for more bling for my upcoming achievement! You know the carrot in front of my nose to help with training runs! Something to think about and envision! Trying to keeping me inspired ran 16.5km yesterday very happy! The last bit a mind game!
If I hear anything at work that I'm allowed to disclose, I'll be sure to mention it here.

Here's the link if you'd like to view the collection.

The runDisney piece is a dangle charm, and the two Tinker Bell pieces, one is a dangle charm with cubic zirconia where she is inside a heart, the other is one of the Murano glass beds in a light green.

Oddly enough, I don't see the runDisney charm photographed, but I can guarantee we are already carrying it inside the Parks. I've seen it firsthand at one of my shops, Off the Page in DCA.

Belle Ella - the link doesn't work for me. Another question: Does the Pandora store in Disneyland take Disney gift cards? Would a Pandora gift card work as well. I have my birthday and Mother's Day coming up and my DD gets me a Pandora charm for both. I want to know what gift card works as it will most likely have to be in the form of a gift card that is purchased beforehand by my sister.

I didn't even know what Pandora was until now. :o:o

Well, the one that has to do with the race that is... I listen to Pandora radio all the time. :D

Belle Ella - the link doesn't work for me. Another question: Does the Pandora store in Disneyland take Disney gift cards? Would a Pandora gift card work as well. I have my birthday and Mother's Day coming up and my DD gets me a Pandora charm for both. I want to know what gift card works as it will most likely have to be in the form of a gift card that is purchased beforehand by my sister.

Darn, sorry about the link - try this one. It's a blog post that I originally saw them all last month: https://morapandora.wordpress.com/2015/02/24/pandora-disney-spring-2015-full-preview-prices/

I can't speak 100% for the actual Pandora shop back in New Orleans Square since it reopened but my understanding is it's still run by us and not Pandora so Disney gift cards are a go (as are any discounts you might be eligible for - AP, DVC, Disney Vias, etc) but no Pandora gift cards. If anyone has shopped there recently they can probably answer with more certainty. But that's how it will work at any other location in the Resort that sells Pandora.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter