2015 New Balance Shoes

So as a non runner we can't get into the expo on Friday? We might want to do our first 5k in Nov. And this would be a way to get the family excited about it.

So as a non runner we can't get into the expo on Friday? We might want to do our first 5k in Nov. And this would be a way to get the family excited about it.

The expo is open to the public, so your family is welcome to attend. The NB shoe queue on Friday is for runners.

The expo is open to everyone all four days,what you're looking at is non runners can't get into a virtual queue on Wednesday and Friday to buy the New Balance shoes.

Is there a betting pool for whether the new design will be based on "Frozen" or not? ;) :goodvibes

Any guesses on how fast the virtual queues will fill up? I will be waiting to board a plane when it opens on Wednesday morning. Not sure if I should try to sign up through my phone then or wait until later.

If anyone is familiar with the process, can you choose your time, or do they assign you one? I really don't think I could get to the Expo before 3pm.

Any guesses on how fast the virtual queues will fill up? I will be waiting to board a plane when it opens on Wednesday morning. Not sure if I should try to sign up through my phone then or wait until later. If anyone is familiar with the process, can you choose your time, or do they assign you one? I really don't think I could get to the Expo before 3pm.

This is speaking from experience at Disneyland - they assign you a time. I registered for that one right at 6am (as I was boarding a flight). The time they gave me was too early for me to make it, but fortunately one of my friends was able to use her number to reserve a pair of shoes for me later on the day. She registered around 9am and got a 3pm callback time.

This is speaking from experience at Disneyland - they assign you a time. I registered for that one right at 6am (as I was boarding a flight). The time they gave me was too early for me to make it, but fortunately one of my friends was able to use her number to reserve a pair of shoes for me later on the day. She registered around 9am and got a 3pm callback time.

I am HOPING to get an early time for the queue Friday morning. I guess that means that I will get up first thing Wednesday morning and see what I can get for a time. With all the Magic Band Fast Passes we have as well as lunch / dinner reservations, it is tough to find a time to get to the expo without missing out. I would like to get some of these sneakers, but not if I have to miss stuff with my family to get them.

I am HOPING to get an early time for the queue Friday morning. I guess that means that I will get up first thing Wednesday morning and see what I can get for a time.

I could be wrong, but I believe the sign ups are for the same day. So, if you want to go Friday AM, I think you'll need to sign up right away on Friday morning (6am).

From the New Balance Site:

Runners, you get a head start — at Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna, you can sign up by using your bib number at 6 AM Wednesday morning, January 7, and Friday morning, January 9. The virtual queue will be open to everyone on a first-come, first-sign-up basis for 6 AM sign ups Thursday morning, January 8, and Saturday morning, January 10

So does this mean that if I want to go to the Expo on Friday, I sign up Friday morning at 6 AM or that I can sign up on Wednesday morning at 6 for a Friday time?

I just needed to check the FAQ's from the New Balance Site:

FAQs

So how do I save a spot in line to get a pair of these shoes?
•Adult runners can sign up for the Virtual Queue one time per event weekend
•If you're a runner, sign up here, starting at 6 AM each expo day. Please note, limited reservations will be available and we do expect registration to close before the expo closes each day.
•If you're a spectator or other guest, come straight to the expo on Saturday to access the shoes.
•Adult runners may reserve one style/size per Virtual Queue reservation. You will be able to choose up to 5 more pairs in the booth
•Give us your name, contact info and one requested style
•We’ll shoot you a confirmation text with your group #, confirmation #, return time and requested style & size
•Due to limited hours in the expo day, we will accept limited sign-ups per day to enter the Virtual Queue.
•All runners and non-runners must sign up via the Virtual Queue, there will be no standby lines during the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Health and Fitness Expo.

I could be wrong, but I believe the sign ups are for the same day. So, if you want to go Friday AM, I think you'll need to sign up right away on Friday morning (6am).

Good, we are getting in late Tuesday, it will be nice not to have to get up super early on Wednesday & getting up early Friday will start preparing me for the very early morning on Sunday.

Silly me, I should just do it Friday. I am just planning to spend the day at DTD, so nothing we can't miss if we need to. Anyone know if they will have busses from DTD to WWOS or will I have to go to Saratoga Springs and catch one from there?

Silly me, I should just do it Friday. I am just planning to spend the day at DTD, so nothing we can't miss if we need to. Anyone know if they will have busses from DTD to WWOS or will I have to go to Saratoga Springs and catch one from there?

to the WWOS, so you'd have to get to a resort.

Glad I stumbled upon this today! I am dying for a pair of these sneakers and may have missed out. Our flight leaves at 6:15 am on Wednesday and we are headed right to the Expo after we check in. Looks like I'll be racing to get in the virtual queue before they close the cabin door LOL

buses to the expo will only pick up at the race resorts which is all disney resorts
not sure how often the buses will be running but from tower of terror they were about every 30min

Just saw on new balance website the sneak peek for the 2015 shoes that will be available next week.

Wishes do come true! We’re kicking off the New Year in style with a new limited edition Retro Mickey and Retro Minnie 990v3 at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna. Featuring premium materials that have been hand-crafted with care, this style was inspired by Steamboat Willie and celebrates the classic heritage of Disney and New Balance. We will be unveiling the shoe for the first time on January 6th, but for now, above is an exclusive sneak peek!

Not too sure I'm going to be into these....

Just saw on new balance website the sneak peek for the 2015 shoes that will be available next week. Wishes do come true! We’re kicking off the New Year in style with a new limited edition Retro Mickey and Retro Minnie 990v3 at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna. Featuring premium materials that have been hand-crafted with care, this style was inspired by Steamboat Willie and celebrates the classic heritage of Disney and New Balance. We will be unveiling the shoe for the first time on January 6th, but for now, above is an exclusive sneak peek! Not too sure I'm going to be into these....

Well that is really disappointing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter