2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

Not for this year. If I cant get a FD BB but can get a 35% off deluxe for a BB then I want to book a deluxe on the monorail.
Ok, honestly even if I can get a FD BB its going to be a deluxe on the monorail line.

I think kids would love the pool at the Poly. GF is amazing and they make you feel so special there. We stayed there last September and absolutely loved having the first stop on the monorail being the MK. Then when leaving MK you can take the boat and G f is first stop. I want to go back and smell the lobby again...such a heavenly smell! It seems very relaxed there too. Our kids were young and still really enjoyed it. Contemporary would be 3rd IMO. This year we are doing POR and I am bummed we won't be on the monorail...but it's a last minute trip that wasn't really budgeted for. Good luck!

We are on the regular dining plan and will be able to book our ADRs in a week. We are looking for suggestions. We have been many times before so we are wanting to try something new. We ate at BOG last summer and was not impressed. We have ate at lot of the popular ones.

We are on the regular dining plan and will be able to book our ADRs in a week. We are looking for suggestions. We have been many times before so we are wanting to try something new. We ate at BOG last summer and was not impressed. We have ate at lot of the popular ones.

We have become big Narcoossee fans! It is a signature restaurant, but we like throwing those in a couple times with our dining plan so not EVERY night has to be so planned out with so much food. We love Boma as well, and never miss Teppan Edo.

Thanks all for your responses. Im still torn but I am starting to lean towards GF.

Giant Eagle is offering .20 towards fuel parks for gift cards until May 13. Just heard the commercial!

I have all my cards to room and ticket and 3/4 of dinning cost now Im just collecting spending money one..

But year happy dance :banana::banana::banana::banana:

How many in your party? I saw BOG the 4 days leading up to your 11/3 reservation. I plugged in 5 for lunch.

I can't do Sunday (11/1) right now because we are planning a resort day/MNSSHP. I was able to go back and see 11/2, but decided 11/3 works better for us. I did not see anything for 10/30 or 10/31 (edit: just saw a late time on 10/31). I was originally targeting 10/30 which is our first park day. Now I have a CP early that morning, which I think will be better for us. We have two first-timers with us and I thought CP might be fun to start the day. I am still trying to get that ressie earlier since I'd love to get in before 9am (current ressie is 9:10am). I'll keep looking on that one. I think I'll keep my BOG on 11/3 unless I can find a breakfast ressie if they extend the breakfast for October.

Thanks for the help!

I can't do Sunday (11/1) right now because we are planning a resort day/MNSSHP. I was able to go back and see 11/2, but decided 11/3 works better for us. I did not see anything for 10/30 or 10/31 (edit: just saw a late time on 10/31). I was originally targeting 10/30 which is our first park day. Now I have a CP early that morning, which I think will be better for us. We have two first-timers with us and I thought CP might be fun to start the day. I am still trying to get that ressie earlier since I'd love to get in before 9am (current ressie is 9:10am). I'll keep looking on that one. I think I'll keep my BOG on 11/3 unless I can find a breakfast ressie if they extend the breakfast for October.

Thanks for the help!
If you can't get an earlier CP just get there a little eary to see if they will let you in before the crowds because technically you're supposed to check in 15 minutes ahead of your time. We had one for that time at HS one year and the let us in earlr

Good news! My sister was visiting for the weekend and we were able to link everyone on MDE and it sorted everyone into the right place without even calling IT! I'm surprised at how easy it turned out to be! We had fun choosing magic band colors even though our trip is still over 7 months away! We are going to enjoy every minute of that planning! :thumbsup2

I read in another thread, that 7 day holds that were placed on FD rooms last Monday should cancel out and be released tomorrow! So, if you were unable to get FD last Monday, try again tomorrow!! Hopefully everyone will end up with what they wanted! :)

Does anyone have a guess when the might be re-released into the system. We are missing the last day on our reservation & had to book a RO. Trying to decide if it's worth staying up until midnight or getting up early...

Does anyone have a guess when the might be re-released into the system. We are missing the last day on our reservation & had to book a RO. Trying to decide if it's worth staying up until midnight or getting up early...
I bet this is not very public knowledge, and there won't be the hoards of folks trying to get in at the same time. I would vote for getting up early.

I bet this is not very public knowledge, and there won't be the hoards of folks trying to get in at the same time. I would vote for getting up early.
As much as I agree there probably isn't a lot of knowledge of this information, who knows how limited it will be to get what she wants. I'd be more apt to say if she can do the midnight check do it and be up early to call in if that doesn't work.
Who would have thought the FD would be up at 4:30am. I know I didn't. I figured maybe 6am but......

At this point things are not predictable because a lot of things seem to be changing from "what it used to be" so.....
I know RO discounts didn't come out until July in the past, but believe me I keep looking regularly just incase.
Although honestly I'd be shocked if it came out this soon because I think the IT people are trying to recoop from this past week glitches.

I used to be on a quality test team to work as hard as I could be break newly developed software, and the engineers hated when I found a bug. Our group was a small group. I can't imagine the # of people that found loop holes this past week and the engineers are working really hard to fix all those oopsy moments.

I truly hope it works out this week for every one. And Hoping for my own pixie dust.
pixiedust:

As much as I agree there probably isn't a lot of knowledge of this information, who knows how limited it will be to get what she wants. I'd be more apt to say if she can do the midnight check do it and be up early to call in if that doesn't work.
Who would have thought the FD would be up at 4:30am. I know I didn't. I figured maybe 6am but......

At this point things are not predictable because a lot of things seem to be changing from "what it used to be" so.....
I know RO discounts didn't come out until July in the past, but believe me I keep looking regularly just incase.
Although honestly I'd be shocked if it came out this soon because I think the IT people are trying to recoop from this past week glitches.

I used to be on a quality test team to work as hard as I could be break newly developed software, and the engineers hated when I found a bug. Our group was a small group. I can't imagine the # of people that found loop holes this past week and the engineers are working really hard to fix all those oopsy moments.

I truly hope it works out this week for every one. And Hoping for my own pixie dust.
pixiedust:
I am sure you saw from early posts, but just in case you didn't -- UOC's came out this week for RO discounts for the rest of the year. Thanksgiving and Christmas were the only blackouts. Hope you get one!

I am sure you saw from early posts, but just in case you didn't -- UOC's came out this week for RO discounts for the rest of the year. Thanksgiving and Christmas were the only blackouts. Hope you get one!
Thanks but I called and was told that there was nothing she could find and that if I watch my email and mail I might get one. sigh!
The CM seemed new and didn't fully get what I was asking but since she did note something that ended on August 27th, I did have a UOC for summer so maybe I didn't have one. I figured I would give it a little time...maybe end of week I'll call again to see.
I keep telling myself it will all work out. But then keep reading anyway.

Thanks for the pixie dust wishes.

Helped my friend book her family with FD @ POP 11/14-11/21 last Monday. Now her SIL wants to go too. Checked last night and again this AM and nothing is available at any Value. Figured ASsp would still have rooms. they can only afford a Value Resort. the website says book through July 10, can't imagine there will be any rooms left 2 months from now. Will tell my friend to have her SIL keep checking.

I had an existing booking at Poly for 1 Nov and called to see if I could get the free dining if I came a day earlier. Turns out Poly is all taken, but I did get Grand Floridian instead. Contemporary also had packages for arrivals on 31 Oct. Epcot resorts sold out for those dates.

Helped my friend book her family with FD @ POP 11/14-11/21 last Monday. Now her SIL wants to go too. Checked last night and again this AM and nothing is available at any Value. Figured ASsp would still have rooms. they can only afford a Value Resort. the website says book through July 10, can't imagine there will be any rooms left 2 months from now. Will tell my friend to have her SIL keep checking.
checked as in calling?
Sometimes calling has different results than online. I'd do both.

November went quick. I keep checking for the options for my dates 11/12-11/18 and the only options are high priced. If cancellations do go into the pool something still could become available. I am sure that there are people who panicked when they saw the way everything was going and booked when they were not sure they could go.

I also know that people booked at POP when they really wanted a moderate. If they are able to upgrade they will.

Could you show your friend how to book so that she can check several times a day?

I am surprised by how little availability there is without discounts

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter