2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

If I book through a TA, do I make payments to them or Disney? I ask because I want to utilize the 6 month interest free offer for my Disney Premier Visa.

We book with a TA and when the payments hit my statements, it says Walt Disney Travel Company, so I don't pay my TA as others do. The payment is made to Disney (therefore eligible for the 0%), the TA is just the 'middle man' who makes the payment on my behalf.

All star music had an ice cream station at their food court when we stayed there. We always got ice cream as the dessert. You could always walk over there if sports doesn't have it.

Edit: all ears menus list an ice cream section so you may be in luck.
http://allears.net/dining/menu/end-zone-food-court/lunch-dinner

I think they switched to gelato with the recent refurb. I am so hoping the all stars menu is accurate, but I don't think it is. It's not listed in MDE. I think when allears added the gelato, they forgot to remove the ice cream.

Looking at the menus on Disney's site it looks like Movies still has Ice Cream. how far is it from Sports to Movies walking?

Re: SOUTHWEST

Just a heads up to those waiting for the release of new flights. I was in your shoes in February. The date on the Southwest site said that then next window of flights would open on Thursday, Feb 26.

You can imagine my shock when they opened them on Friday, Feb 21st!! 6 days early! Thankfully my SIL was also looking and texted me immediately. I had just boarded the Wonder and we were still sitting at the Miami port when I was online booking our flights for September.

If you're waiting for the next SW window to open, please start checking at least 1 week early just in case the same thing happens!!

Just a heads up to those waiting for the release of new flights. I was in your shoes in February. The date on the Southwest site said that then next window of flights would open on Thursday, Feb 26.

You can imagine my shock when they opened them on Friday, Feb 21st!! 6 days early! Thankfully my SIL was also looking and texted me immediately. I had just boarded the Wonder and we were still sitting at the Miami port when I was online booking our flights for September.

If you're waiting for the next SW window to open, please start checking at least 1 week early just in case the same thing happens!!
Southwest released their flights on Feb 19, and that date was listed on the website for a couple weeks. It originally said the 26th. Clear your cookies when checking for airfare. It knows when you've searched the site, and may not show the most up to date info.

Southwest released their flights on Feb 19, and that date was listed on the website for a couple weeks. It originally said the 26th. Clear your cookies when checking for airfare. It knows when you've searched the site, and may not show the most up to date info.
'
The 19th? Phew! So glad we were able to get the great prices we did as they had been on sale for 2 days when my SIL noticed. Last year I was waiting for Nov flights to open and the prices climbed FAST!!!

Thanks for this. I don't need them for Disney but I do need them so that my college aged son can come home.

I think they switched to gelato with the recent refurb. I am so hoping the all stars menu is accurate, but I don't think it is. It's not listed in MDE. I think when allears added the gelato, they forgot to remove the ice cream.

Bring back the ice cream! Lol
Looking at the menus on Disney's site it looks like Movies still has Ice Cream. how far is it from Sports to Movies walking?

It's not a far walk at all. sometimes the all stars would each have their own bus like at mk closing. one crazy night the sports line was half of what the music line was so we got in line for sports and walked over to music.

November went quick. I keep checking for the options for my dates 11/12-11/18 and the only options are high priced. If cancellations do go into the pool something still could become available. I am sure that there are people who panicked when they saw the way everything was going and booked when they were not sure they could go.

I also know that people booked at POP when they really wanted a moderate. If they are able to upgrade they will.

Could you show your friend how to book so that she can check several times a day?

I am surprised by how little availability there is without discounts
November did go really quick!! My dates are 11/8-14 and there was little availability for moderates or WL (which I couldn't get at all!). I ended up booking CSR - Business class which will work great for us! Good Luck to your friend!!

Me! I was looking for 9/26-10/2. I didn't see FD available, but I switched us to 9/25-10/2 and got a RO discount! Only saved $140, but got an extra night out of it! I'm still going to try for FD tonight, though. I have an alert set on my phone for 9:45pm!
Did you try searching 9/25-10/3???
I got mine by searching 9/23-10/3... Then I called Disney and tried to modify- they couldn't but sent me to a customer service agent who called me 5 hours later and modified it to 9/25-10/3!!!!
Try it out!

Sarahplus4 so sweet of you to post when you see a standard at CBR. Everytime I see you post I look again. Looking for CBR 10/2-11/9 or 11/10-11/17. Right now have 2 standard rooms at pop 11/10-11/17 which will be released if we can get into CBR. I have a TA who is keeping an eye out but I figure 2 eyes are better than 1, just afraid if I see one by the time I email her it will be gone.
I'll keep searching /looking! I always feel so bad when people don't get what they need!

Did you try searching 9/25-10/3???
I got mine by searching 9/23-10/3... Then I called Disney and tried to modify- they couldn't but sent me to a customer service agent who called me 5 hours later and modified it to 9/25-10/3!!!!
Try it out!
I did try 9/25-10/3, but it adds over $600 to what we were originally paying, so it's not really worth it for us. Thanks though! I'll keep checking throughout the day and tonight, but if we can't get FD, we're ok with what we have :)

I asked this a while back, but never got an answer. What time does southwest announce new dates? I know I don't need to be online right then, but I have to work on the 14th, so I wanted to do it before I left if possible.

You can't add dining at all, you can't add FD, or you'd have to switch to a different resort to get FD?

There's a 'magical agency' but those bookings don't allow for the dining plan at all to be added. I think they're conference rates or something.
You are correct, these rates are conference rates, you cannot get FD or buy the dinning plan....but the discount may better serve some people.

I asked this a while back, but never got an answer. What time does southwest announce new dates? I know I don't need to be online right then, but I have to work on the 14th, so I wanted to do it before I left if possible.
Usually 6am or shortly after.

You are correct, these rates are conference rates, you cannot get FD or buy the dinning plan....but the discount may better serve some people.
I am booked with their conference rates and conference tickets and our stay was eligible to buy a dining plan. We didn't add one, though. We can do much better OOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter