Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Don't you mean this???

emilt.jpg

~NM

Good Ol' Emily Litella!

Thanks! Did you do the RR? We go in 6 weeks and can't wait!

We did ride the Grand Canyon Railroad. We had a full day to spend at the South Rim waiting for the other two groups to finish their hike out of the canyon so we drove down to Williams, rode the train back, spent three hours as tourists, rode the train back down to Williams, and then drove back to the Mather campground at the South Rim. I'm really glad we did but we're also big railfans and look to ride anything on two rails. They did a good job of entertaining us on the train with a car attendant that told us all about the railroad, Grand Canyon, and local area on ride up, guitar players walking through the cars, and train robbery on way back. The kids loved it. I felt like they were trying real hard to get our money. In the case of the robbery, literally. Regardless it was great train ride - and air conditioned.

It was my first trip to the Grand Canyon and I absolutely loved it. I wish we had more time on the North Rim. It was beautiful. Walking into the canyon it was raining and there were clouds everywhere. I kept thinking the cliffs were floating mountains and thought it felt like Pandora. Or maybe I was delirious from the altitude. In any case you're going to love it.

We did ride the Grand Canyon Railroad. We had a full day to spend at the South Rim waiting for the other two groups to finish their hike out of the canyon so we drove down to Williams, rode the train back, spent three hours as tourists, rode the train back down to Williams, and then drove back to the Mather campground at the South Rim. I'm really glad we did but we're also big railfans and look to ride anything on two rails. They did a good job of entertaining us on the train with a car attendant that told us all about the railroad, Grand Canyon, and local area on ride up, guitar players walking through the cars, and train robbery on way back. The kids loved it. I felt like they were trying real hard to get our money. In the case of the robbery, literally. Regardless it was great train ride - and air conditioned.

It was my first trip to the Grand Canyon and I absolutely loved it. I wish we had more time on the North Rim. It was beautiful. Walking into the canyon it was raining and there were clouds everywhere. I kept thinking the cliffs were floating mountains and thought it felt like Pandora. Or maybe I was delirious from the altitude. In any case you're going to love it.

Thanks for the info! We're doing the train plus 2 days in Sedona. Really looking forward to the trip!

This was our view from our room at the Beach Club last week. We booked a standard view and when I checked in was told we were in a garden view room. I'm guessing it's considered garden view since that's what you see when looking straight ahead. But, looking left it was a water view.

image.jpeg image-1.jpeg image-2.jpeg

Hi My friend and her family will be staying at the YC in a few weeks--they have never been to WDW before so I am helping them plan They would like to order some things (snacks, water, etc) from Amazon Prime and I wasn't sure if this would be delivered to the convention center and thus be subject to a charge? I figured someone on here would hopefully have ordered from Amazon Prime and would be able to let me know
Didn't want this post to get lost in the Grand Canyon. If you look at page one, there is specific informatilon on where and how items are being shipped to the BC/YC from various sources. I've never used this service you mentioned but I'm wondering if you checked out "Garden Grocery"? Seems to be the most popular site for those on this thread and they deliver to the resort and not the convention center. I know the pressure of planning for others. You want everything to be perfect. Good luck.
Katesdad

At this time tomorrow, our plane should be touching down at MCO!! But I have a little problem. DBF's name is incorrect on our DME documents. I didn't think anything of it when I received them (I just wrote his correct name in on the luggage tag), but now I'm afraid his resort airline check-in will be messed up. His information is all correct on the airline and Disney reservation, though. Do I need to fix anything?

I agree with Katesdad. I use Garden Grocer for grocery deliveries to the BCV. They are reliable and well worth the delivery fee. Amazon Prime deliveries will go to the convention center, I believe. They have very limited weekend hours and this could be a problem if your friends are arriving on the weekend. Garden Grocer delivers directly to Bell Services. You just call when you are in your room and they will bring your order to you. Don't forget to tip the Bellman
Have Fun

At this time tomorrow, our plane should be touching down at MCO!! But I have a little problem. DBF's name is incorrect on our DME documents. I didn't think anything of it when I received them (I just wrote his correct name in on the luggage tag), but now I'm afraid his resort airline check-in will be messed up. His information is all correct on the airline and Disney reservation, though. Do I need to fix anything?

I would give DME a phone call to have them correct the name. It really shouldn't make a difference, though, as far as using the bus goes. DME and airline resort check in are independent of each other. Resort airline check in will check your tickets and ID and issue boarding passes, so if that is all correct you won't have a problem.

As far as the bus goes, they messed up our DME registration when we went to WDW in February. They left my son off the list and marked my sister as getting on the bus instead of him. Then I had to have them correct it before her plane landed six hours later so she could get on the bus. So I called to make sure they had it all correct when it was time for them to pick us up for the return.

But your luggage will get to your room just fine even if the name is spelled wrong. :)

Last edited:
page 157-158

Thank you everyone for your nice send-off. This time tomorrow, we should be on our way. :woohoo:

I'll try to check in here occasionally today, and I hope to do a couple of trip report updates before I go. But I really should be packing! :rolleyes1

Everyone have a fantastic week, and safe travels if you are also heading out on vacation.

:goodvibes:

Dee - Yellowstone is big, almost as big as the Big Island of Hawaii. ;) It seemed like everything was 45 miles apart. But we did see a moose on our way to West Yellowstone, which made it worth it. :)

Ruh-Roh!

:scared1:

This was our view from our room at the Beach Club last week. We booked a standard view and when I checked in was told we were in a garden view room. I'm guessing it's considered garden view since that's what you see when looking straight ahead. But, looking left it was a water view.

Thanks so much for posting this!!! Would you mind posting here as well?

Beach Club Room Views

Thanks!

:thumbsup2

Have a great trip Dee!! :cool1:

On an alternate note...I can now fully focus on our trip. Last assignment towards my accounting designation done!! :jumping1:
4 more sleeps, then jet plane, Georgia, and WDW, so excited!!

You, too!

Congratulations and have a wonderful trip!

:cool1:

Have a great vacation!

As long as the airline and Disney stuff is ok, I think you are fine. Just make sure when you are doing the RAC checkin (which is separate from DME service) that his info is correct.

I don't see why DME would need to be exact. I don't think they check ID. Not that it matters, but will you be using ME vouchers or Magic Bands for DME access?

:)

If you have an extra luggage tag with your name on it, you could use that on his checked bag. The incorrect name may not be an issue, due to the barcode that's scanned, but you may want to call ME and ask them. You want to be sure that the docs don't actually belong to someone else (embedded in barcode), causing his bag to be delivered to the wrong location/person.

page 150-153

FYI- I will not be monitoring this board closely for the next week. My family will be visiting Yellowstone for the first time- we are leaving on Thursday. I will probably try to read posts and may even respond to a few, but I won't have my computer with access to all of my files. I'll catch up when I get back home.
So, for anyone new to the thread, here is a generic :welcome: for now.

I appreciate your kind words!!!

Glad you enjoyed the resort and I'm pleased to hear that the scare with the charge turned out to be nothing! Phew!

:goodvibes:

That's great that you were moved to a more acceptable room!

::yes::

Awww!!! Thanks!

:)

I'm glad that hanging out here is helping you pass the time until your trip. But please don't place us in charge of your sanity. We are much more likely to have the opposite effect!!!

:rotfl:

Have a fantastic trip!!!

:cool1:

Congrats to your DH!!! Enjoy your trip and the time together.

:woohoo:

Bumping this up to see if anyone has recommendations for you.

How about West Yellowstone? Any places to eat that we shouldn't miss?

Amen to that!!!

::yes::

Great idea!!!

:idea:

Safe travels Dee!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Jay

We booked our first Disney vacation yesterday! This group has made my decision to stay at the Beach Club very easy. I stopped looking at other properties weeks ago. We have booked a one bedroom villa for May 6 through the 9th, 2016.

Now maybe I can start working on what reservations I want. I definitely want to find a sunken treasure. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter