(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who has been to Disney world recently, do you know if the printed/themed magic bands (with the characters, cinderella's castle, American mickey, etc.) are available for purchase in GF gift shops? If not, are they available at any of the DTD shops? We won't be in the parks straight away and I really want to purchase one of these printed magic bands, just not sure where to go to look for them or if they are even available outside of the parks.
Sometimes disneystore.com has them and mouse mercantile(2ndfloor lobby) usually has some accessories.

They had Mickey and Minnie last I checked online. Last November the hotels had the Christmas ones and dd saw them on her trips in Match and June. I'll be there soon and will check. We love to shop:)

They are coming out with watch face ones that I hope they get soon!!! I think it fits over an existing band.

Glad to hear you're so close on the kitchen. Your vacation is really well timed! You've been balancing a huge number of things, and some emotional moments I'm sure! So excited to see you and Alyssa will be going to DL next March. Five nights is a fantastic amount of time to spend there. Hooray! Hope MIL continues to improve steadily. I love that she is making happy food care packages for Alyssa.

Still so sad to miss you this trip, but I know we will intersect again some day.

My mom has had some ups and downs, but we're back up again and I am looking forward to a break both at D23 and then a few weeks later for my girl's trip to WDW. So excited to share the GF with my friends. Delightfulness here we come!
Of course taking pix is a favorite pastime too! Can't wait for what you post :)

Hopefully your mom is feeling good for the rest of the summer.

You know a January trip for you isn't out of the question and my dates are posted lol!

Oh , I grabbed my suitcase yesterday and found this in a pocket. Have you or others seen this before? I dont remember getting such a nice printout of my details in the past.

image.jpg

You know a January trip for you isn't out of the question and my dates are posted lol!

Oh , I grabbed my suitcase yesterday and found this in a pocket. Have you or others seen this before? I dont remember getting such a nice printout of my details in the past.

View attachment 113113
We received a print out like that at WL last year. :) This year at BC we didn't receive one.

View attachment 113113
I need to with you to DHS!! My dd won't go with me on TOT or Coaster!!! My friend will go on coaster with me but not ToT!!

57days until my first club level stay. We had a crazy week of work following a cruise last week; and we had to make our Fp+ res Wednesday night. It's been busy. I'm getting really excited about this vacation now!

We're officially switched from WL to GF, for 11/15-22 and I absolutely get twitterpated thinking of it! Especially getting to watch the gingerbread house go up!

Was hoping for some guidance for this newbie on some random questions.

This will be our first time without a rental car. Our flight arrives around 10:30 am. If it's on time, am I correct in assuming at the latest we will be at GF at 12:30 via ME?

We wanted to keep our first night lowkey given our early wake-up to get to the airport, plus a toddler whose never flown before. But I figured since we have to eat dinner anyway, we might as well head to Epcot from around 5-7 pm for some F&W booths. Now, however, I'm reading what a nightmare the monorail has been. How long can I assume that trip will take there and back? And would it be faster to take the boat to Poly and walk to TTC versus taking the resort line? I'd take a cab, but without a carseat I'm not putting my 2 yo in one.

Similarly, is it really as impossible to get to RD for the non-MK parks as I've read?

We're not going to be able to partake of any of the Signatures while there (*sad face* if only they offered take out! ;) ). Any must haves from the CS or GF Grill that's special to the GF? Do they have a signature drink the way Poly does?

Thanks so much. So excited!
Just a quick tip about the plane- I travel a ton with my kiddo who is now 2. In July we took a cruise and it was his first flight where he was required to have a seat (in the past we would buy 2 first class tickets and he would play on the floor). So this flight he had a seat and we used his car seat. It was the best flight yet. It was so easy with him being in the seat. Just wanted to share my thoughts. Your comment about the car seat reminded me :)

Thank you! I totally get what
Thanks everyone for your kind words of reassurance. I am definitely reconsidering my mainly counter service dining plans for the week. You guys and gals are fabulous! :disrocks:
Don't do all counter service! It is a pain with a little one!! Def do more sit downs. They will usually get you in and out once you're seated in 45 minutes.

Just a quick tip about the plane- I travel a ton with my kiddo who is now 2. In July we took a cruise and it was his first flight where he was required to have a seat (in the past we would buy 2 first class tickets and he would play on the floor). So this flight he had a seat and we used his car seat. It was the best flight yet. It was so easy with him being in the seat. Just wanted to share my thoughts. Your comment about the car seat reminded me :)

Thanks so much! I am kind nervous, but hoping he'll do okay. We have to get up around 4 am for a 6:55 am flight. Urgh. That should be fun! I'm going back and forth on whether to rent a CARES harness or buy a super light carseat (ours from home are way too huge). My "little one" is already 36" and 32 lbs at 22 mos, so I'm definitely trying to balance less carrying weight with keeping him safely restrained. No way could we just rely on a lap belt alone. With the CARES it's just some straps to carry, he can sit in the middle and won't be able to kick the seat in front. But he's definitely more familiar and comfortable with a carseat (plus maybe the familiarity would help him sleep on the plane? One can dream, right?). Decisions, decisions. We're bringing tablet W/headphones, a bag of activity presents that will be new to him that I'll break out one at a time, some snacks and a sippy cup for ear pressure. Anything else you can recommend to ease the flight?

Don't do all counter service! It is a pain with a little one!! Def do more sit downs. They will usually get you in and out once you're seated in 45 minutes.

Is this true of GF Signatures too? One of the reason we'd 86'd those was because we'd assumed they were more like your usual nice restaurants, where you're in for around 90-120 minutes of leisurely dining. So far, my DS is actually not too bad, as long as there are things for him to eat and people to watch. But he maxes out to an hour usually. He lasted two hours the other day at his GPs birthday dinner, but I was exhausted trying to keep him occupied the whole time.

Thanks so much! I am kind nervous, but hoping he'll do okay. We have to get up around 4 am for a 6:55 am flight. Urgh. That should be fun! I'm going back and forth on whether to rent a CARES harness or buy a super light carseat (ours from home are way too huge). My "little one" is already 36" and 32 lbs at 22 mos, so I'm definitely trying to balance less carrying weight with keeping him safely restrained. No way could we just rely on a lap belt alone. With the CARES it's just some straps to carry, he can sit in the middle and won't be able to kick the seat in front. But he's definitely more familiar and comfortable with a carseat (plus maybe the familiarity would help him sleep on the plane? One can dream, right?). Decisions, decisions. We're bringing tablet W/headphones, a bag of activity presents that will be new to him that I'll break out one at a time, some snacks and a sippy cup for ear pressure. Anything else you can recommend to ease the flight?

Is this true of GF Signatures too? One of the reason we'd 86'd those was because we'd assumed they were more like your usual nice restaurants, where you're in for around 90-120 minutes of leisurely dining. So far, my DS is actually not too bad, as long as there are things for him to eat and people to watch. But he maxes out to an hour usually. He lasted two hours the other day at his GPs birthday dinner, but I was exhausted trying to keep him occupied the whole time.
I haven't done Gf signatures so no idea. But I was for sure out of Le Cellier in 50 min with child before....

As for the plane- we did his car seat rear facing. But my guy is smaller. Like 33 inches and 25 pounds. I would look into a lighter car seat. Ours is heavyish but we bring a cart that becomes invaluable getting it through the airport. Ours was from Amazon.

My kiddo still won't use headphones but he's good watching his Mickey shows and whatever on the iPad with no sound. We have them on our phone too so he can watch in restaurants as needed. We just don't ever let him use sound in public because I loathe hearing cartoons when I am out and about and assume others do too! He doesn't seem to mind. We brought a pad of paper (a little note back) and a pen and he loved flipping from page to page and drawing a little in each page. And we didn't care the book was a $1. We also brought this chintzy small luggage strap that we used to hold the iPad on the seat back.

We found the opposite worked for us and our 2 DDs, our first handful of trips we had at least 1 ADR a day. We found TS was way to long for them (as well as myself) and that it was much easier doing CS. Unlike PP, we rarely got out under 90 minutes:( Now we only do 1-2 TS meals a trip and are very happy with that.

We are soooo excited for our Thansgiving trip and just got some GREAT news from our TA, I wanted to extend our trip 1 day and we got the extra night (9th) at the price of our original WL reservation. I could not believe it and we are very ecstatic about that.

View attachment 113113

I got the pretty printed itinerary for at least one of my stays, now can't remember if it was WL or SL.

You are so right about January! I am coming for marathon weekend (usually my trip starts MLK weekent) because a friend and her family are running for the first time, and so many other friends are running, so hooray! I decided it made more sense to make my trip a little longer, take a few vacation days and hang out with everybody at the parks after the run and before my meeting.

We have stayed at Disney two times in the past 8 months and never received a printout of my itinerary.
My DH said we received an itinerary printout like the one Trish showed at both GF(February) and BC(June) this year. He said you have to ask the CM at the CL concierge desk to print it for you. DH said he can't remember if we got the fancier printout prior to our stays this year. I've never really paid attention to itineraries and such once we get there, but now that someone has pointed it out, I'll definitely be looking for it on our next trip!

Sometimes disneystore.com has them and mouse mercantile(2ndfloor lobby) usually has some accessories.

They had Mickey and Minnie last I checked online. Last November the hotels had the Christmas ones and dd saw them on her trips in Match and June. I'll be there soon and will check. We love to shop:)

They are coming out with watch face ones that I hope they get soon!!! I think it fits over an existing band.

Thanks for the info, I saw the ones on the disneystore.com but they didn't have any of the princess ones or the castle one, nor any of the limited stock ones so I figured those would have to be bought once we got down there. Thanks for looking while you shop on your upcoming trip, I appreciate it! Have an amazing trip, it's getting really close for you!

We have stayed at Disney two times in the past 8 months and never received a printout of my itinerary.

I got a printout at WL when we went at Christmas, but I thought that might have been because we stayed CL and did online check-in. At BC last summer we did not recieve a print of, but we weren't CL and we did not do online check-in (because we had multiple rooms). I guess we will see if we get anything at GF this time, doesn't really matter to me either way as I keep up with everything on my phone, but the little printout was cute and handy for people in my party who didn't use MDE.

When will Christmas decorations be up at the GF? Specifically the Gingerbread House? We are arriving November 15th and would love to see it!

Halloween: I believe Tom will have the details you need.

Christmas : they build the gingerbread house then officially "open it" later . It should be built by then you just may not yet be able to buy the stuff from the inside store.

Ya for us with upcoming trips :yay:

Circusgirl : I am up for dinner or evening. I don't think the girls will mind me disappearing. Or even all ride together. It was fun doing ToT and TSM with you:)

Sue: ya I love rides at Disney, not so much at US.

So that itinerary is a nice souvenir huh? 20 years from now I'll be with dgd (I hope ) and prove to her gma was cool once upon a time and did the great rides!

Mil having a very very bad day . Might go to ER later , for now taking a nap. Need Mother nature to move things along so some pain relief can occur (if you get my drift?).

Been here 4 hours and taking a short break with you all. It's nice to have such great friends.

A month from now all will be good , just not today . Right??

I will get lots of pix for you all. I love to post when my always nap needing DD takes one .

Me,I'll be with a glass of wine on the balcony saying "Hey" to my dis -friends:)

Happy Weekend! August is here !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter