(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and sit downs! No! DS hating the whole thing! I or dh grabbed QS and we ate in our room! Lol!

Then we took him to Tepan Edo at 10ish and he loved that! Now he will eat anywhere just not young! You all are very lucky.

dd on the other hand should have been Blues daughter! It's all about the food with those 2 :)

Ya for us with upcoming trips :yay:

Circusgirl : I am up for dinner or evening. I don't think the girls will mind me disappearing. Or even all ride together. It was fun doing ToT and TSM with you:)

Sue: ya I love rides at Disney, not so much at US.

So that itinerary is a nice souvenir huh? 20 years from now I'll be with dgd (I hope ) and prove to her gma was cool once upon a time and did the great rides!

Mil having a very very bad day . Might go to ER later , for now taking a nap. Need Mother nature to move things along so some pain relief can occur (if you get my drift?).

Been here 4 hours and taking a short break with you all. It's nice to have such great friends.

A month from now all will be good , just not today . Right??

I will get lots of pix for you all. I love to post when my always nap needing DD takes one .

Me,I'll be with a glass of wine on the balcony saying "Hey" to my dis -friends:)

Happy Weekend! August is here !!!

The ups and downs of going through aging and illness with loved ones is quite a roller coaster of its own. The ER is sometimes a routine part of daily life. I find I am much more in the moment as a consequence, it helps me focus. I know how hard it is to wait while hoping for things to get better, hope everything brightens up soon.

Isn't it great to have a trip ahead to bring happy thoughts? So grateful for things to look forward to.

Can't wait for YOUR pictures!!

We will plan on a get together in January, hooray!

Halloween: I believe Tom will have the details you need.

Christmas : they build the gingerbread house then officially "open it" later . It should be built by then you just may not yet be able to buy the stuff from the inside store.

Ya for us with upcoming trips :yay:

Circusgirl : I am up for dinner or evening. I don't think the girls will mind me disappearing. Or even all ride together. It was fun doing ToT and TSM with you:)

Sue: ya I love rides at Disney, not so much at US.

So that itinerary is a nice souvenir huh? 20 years from now I'll be with dgd (I hope ) and prove to her gma was cool once upon a time and did the great rides!

Mil having a very very bad day . Might go to ER later , for now taking a nap. Need Mother nature to move things along so some pain relief can occur (if you get my drift?).

Been here 4 hours and taking a short break with you all. It's nice to have such great friends.

A month from now all will be good , just not today . Right??

I will get lots of pix for you all. I love to post when my always nap needing DD takes one .

Me,I'll be with a glass of wine on the balcony saying "Hey" to my dis -friends:)

Happy Weekend! August is here !!!

Trishadono - I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL! Hopefully a trip to the ER wasn't needed and she's feeling better since the last post. I'm sending lots of positive thoughts your way!!!

Hopefully your nap brought you some nice dreams of CL at the Grand...and Poly...and CR...what a trip that would be!

We're all sending you big hugs through cyberspace as well!!

I don't want to leave anyone in suspense...so here's my update on purchasing our F&W VIP tour yesterday.

I received a call from Disney at about 10:00 a.m. telling me they received my call and message about booking the ultimate VIP tour, but they still can't book the tour yet and that they would get my email address and send me an email for when I could call back when the tour is open.

Now I wait for the email! They said they will send an email to everyone who did the tour last year and who is interested this year so don't be surprised if there's a long wait when I call after getting the email. I asked if my spot was considered reserved and they said that it was not and that it is still first-come, first-serve but that we would get the email in advance of it opening to the public.

I don't want to leave anyone in suspense...so here's my update on purchasing our F&W VIP tour yesterday.

I received a call from Disney at about 10:00 a.m. telling me they received my call and message about booking the ultimate VIP tour, but they still can't book the tour yet and that they would get my email address and send me an email for when I could call back when the tour is open.

Now I wait for the email! They said they will send an email to everyone who did the tour last year and who is interested this year so don't be surprised if there's a long wait when I call after getting the email. I asked if my spot was considered reserved and they said that it was not and that it is still first-come, first-serve but that we would get the email in advance of it opening to the public.
Sheesh what a run around. Hope you get a spot after all your efforts :)

We at hospital with a wait n see. If body heals itself ok if not surgery to fix a perforation.

Luckily what she going through is all short term and by late fall all should be back to normal. It's just with summer she would of course rather be outside, at a park etc.

I think I'll research more for my Disneyland trip while I wait. Leaning towards DH but depends on discounts and availability of course!

Have a happy Sunday !

I have two questions. We requested Big Pine Key for our trip that is coming up quick. Is it possible to do laundry and swim in the pool while waiting? I mean is the laundry room in Big Pine Key close to an exit to the pool? I also wanted to know if Grand Floridian has a schedule or calendar for August? If so where can I find it?

I have two questions. We requested Big Pine Key for our trip that is coming up quick. Is it possible to do laundry and swim in the pool while waiting? I mean is the laundry room in Big Pine Key close to an exit to the pool? I also wanted to know if Grand Floridian has a schedule or calendar for August? If so where can I find it?

Kenny the Pirate has the monthly activity sheet for the Grand Floridian :

http://www.kennythepirate.com/resor...ides/grand-floridian-resort-recreation-guide/

Sorry - I don't have any info on laundry

I'm hoping some of you that are experienced with the GF can help me! My family of 4 is traveling with both sets of grandparents and we have booked 2 King Deluxe Rooms and 1 Standard Queen in the main building. We want to be near each other and have the grandparents near the Club area and elevators so they don't have to walk as far. Is that even possible based on the locations of the rooms? Having the grandparents closer to the elevators and club areas take priority over being near us. Any advice on what I should request?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

I'm sorry for the run around you've been getting, but hopefully this information you've been given will turn into a reservation for the tour :wizard:.

We at hospital with a wait n see. If body heals itself ok if not surgery to fix a perforation.

Luckily what she going through is all short term and by late fall all should be back to normal. It's just with summer she would of course rather be outside, at a park etc.

Hope everything goes well and no surgery is needed :hug:.

I can't help with the laundry or calendar questions, but wanted to say I hope you have a great time and enjoy the GF :goodvibes.

I'm hoping some of you that are experienced with the GF can help me! My family of 4 is traveling with both sets of grandparents and we have booked 2 King Deluxe Rooms and 1 Standard Queen in the main building. We want to be near each other and have the grandparents near the Club area and elevators so they don't have to walk as far. Is that even possible based on the locations of the rooms? Having the grandparents closer to the elevators and club areas take priority over being near us. Any advice on what I should request?

I can't help with locations of those rooms types, but hopefully others who know the layout of RPC will be along to help :flower3:. With that said, I hope you have a great stay! The GF is great in itself, but RPC is amazing :cloud9:.

Of course taking pix is a favorite pastime too! Can't wait for what you post :)

Hopefully your mom is feeling good for the rest of the summer.

You know a January trip for you isn't out of the question and my dates are posted lol!

Oh , I grabbed my suitcase yesterday and found this in a pocket. Have you or others seen this before? I dont remember getting such a nice printout of my details in the past.

View attachment 113113
I seem to remember getting my itenerary printed like that last year from RPC.
Hope MIL is feeling better today!

I like UA rides too, lol. Went on them all last year with younger dd! She wouldn't let me whimp out on Rip Rocket.

Sheesh what a run around. Hope you get a spot after all your efforts :)

I think I'll research more for my Disneyland trip while I wait. Leaning towards DH but depends on discounts and availability of course!

Have a happy Sunday !

Trishadono - hopefully Sunday went well for your MIL...is she home? Hurry up Fall and get her quick - I know she's ready to get back to her normal, healthy self!

I'm sorry for the run around you've been getting, but hopefully this information you've been given will turn into a reservation for the tour

Thanks! Part of me now thinks maybe I'll skip the tour and do a pre-park opening breakfast at GG (since I have the ADR) and use FPs for the main rides we want to hit, and then do a less expensive F&W event. I'm going to do some more research today and see!

Super excited! We have just switched our two Coronado Springs Free Dining reservations 11/19-11/24 over to Grand Floridian outer building with a lagoon view and the other reservation to a garden view. I had a pin code that was itching to be used:) This will be our first deluxe stay so I am so excited.

The deluxe king comes in 2 styles. The octagon ones are near the CL area and that set of elevators to main lobby. There are std queens on an adjacent hallway. Hopefully you could all be on the same floor. There are 2 of the deluxe octagon kings per floor.

To see the floor layout play with the room and view feature on touringplans.com It will show you where the rooms are within RPC.
http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-grand-floridian-resort

Super excited! We have just switched our two Coronado Springs Free Dining reservations 11/19-11/24 over to Grand Floridian outer building with a lagoon view and the other reservation to a garden view. I had a pin code that was itching to be used:) This will be our first deluxe stay so I am so excited.
:cool1:Congrats

Ask IPO to place you close together. The king deluxes are all close to elevators as long as you dont get the ones on 2nd floor. Ask to not ne placed there. You can request 4th floor to be on same floor as lounge. There are standard rooms on floors 3 and 4 and one on 5 that would be close. I will try to post a link to tpuringplans room layout page v

We are leaving for Japan. I will do a trip report. We are staying club at the Ambassador Disney in a Minnie Mouse themed room during the Disney part of the trip.

I asked ds what he wanted me to bring back from my upcoming trip. He said a CL choc chip cookie? AND if you could keep it warm the fish and fries from the stand in England at Epcot. I almost forgot to get that for MYSELF:goodvibes

I told him I would eat it and think of him. Mean mom! BUT I keep telling him he can come with us but he would rather stay home since he knows he will be gone for 15 weeks at school.

Dreaming of this today! Won't be long now!
IMG_5144.JPG

Have a great planning day! Prices finally posted for Disneyland 2016:faint:

Ask IPO to place you close together. The king deluxes are all close to elevators as long as you dont get the ones on 2nd floor. Ask to not ne placed there. You can request 4th floor to be on same floor as lounge. There are standard rooms on floors 3 and 4 and one on 5 that would be close. I will try to post a link to tpuringplans room layout page v

We are leaving for Japan. I will do a trip report. We are staying club at the Ambassador Disney in a Minnie Mouse themed room during the Disney part of the trip.

DD would love that!!!

Your trip to Japan sounds wonderful. Have a great trip. Looking forward to pics and trip report

Thanks! Part of me now thinks maybe I'll skip the tour and do a pre-park opening breakfast at GG (since I have the ADR) and use FPs for the main rides we want to hit, and then do a less expensive F&W event. I'm going to do some more research today and see!

I'm sure whatever you decide to do, it will be great! :goodvibes.

You are going to love the GF! Have a great trip :wizard:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter