(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping some of you that are experienced with the GF can help me! My family of 4 is traveling with both sets of grandparents and we have booked 2 King Deluxe Rooms and 1 Standard Queen in the main building. We want to be near each other and have the grandparents near the Club area and elevators so they don't have to walk as far. Is that even possible based on the locations of the rooms? Having the grandparents closer to the elevators and club areas take priority over being near us. Any advice on what I should request?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
I would suggest exactly what Baler said! Fourth floor, if possible (not on the second floor, please!!). I don't know if you have been able to look at the layout on Touring Plans as Baler suggested, but the king turret rooms on each floor (the two on the fourth floor, for example) are not exactly close together. You won't be able to get rooms adjacent to one another unless you change the rooms, but the king beds may be more important than being close together?? You can just meet up in the lounge (4th floor).

Ask IPO to place you close together. The king deluxes are all close to elevators as long as you dont get the ones on 2nd floor. Ask to not ne placed there. You can request 4th floor to be on same floor as lounge. There are standard rooms on floors 3 and 4 and one on 5 that would be close. I will try to post a link to tpuringplans room layout page v

We are leaving for Japan. I will do a trip report. We are staying club at the Ambassador Disney in a Minnie Mouse themed room during the Disney part of the trip.
Can't wait to see pictures! Have a fantastic trip!! We are going to a wedding in Kansas City in a few weeks, and I can't wait for DD11 to try the earplanes :)

The deluxe king comes in 2 styles. The octagon ones are near the CL area and that set of elevators to main lobby. There are std queens on an adjacent hallway. Hopefully you could all be on the same floor. There are 2 of the deluxe octagon kings per floor.

To see the floor layout play with the room and view feature on touringplans.com It will show you where the rooms are within RPC.
http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-grand-floridian-resort
Thank you!! This is exactly what I needed!

I would suggest exactly what Baler said! Fourth floor, if possible (not on the second floor, please!!). I don't know if you have been able to look at the layout on Touring Plans as Baler suggested, but the king turret rooms on each floor (the two on the fourth floor, for example) are not exactly close together. You won't be able to get rooms adjacent to one another unless you change the rooms, but the king beds may be more important than being close together?? You can just meet up in the lounge (4th floor).
Thanks! I've been trying to change our standard to a deluxe queen ever since we booked it but they are either sold out or the person I get on the phone insists that no such room exists!! I'm hoping closer to the 45 day mark we can switch. Thanks again for the map. That is really helpful.

I need some help. Right mow I have a outer bldg lagoon view room booked for 2 nights. I just checked again for the fall discount and of course no discount but for $100 more a night we can stay in sugar loaf std room club level. I have never stayed at the GF or club level so I'm not sure if I should switch How are the rooms in SL? I think I should hurry up and grab the room if it's worth the extra money. I knew everyone here would be so helpful!!!
Thanks everyone!!!

I need some help. Right mow I have a outer bldg lagoon view room booked for 2 nights. I just checked again for the fall discount and of course no discount but for $100 more a night we can stay in sugar loaf std room club level. I have never stayed at the GF or club level so I'm not sure if I should switch How are the rooms in SL? I think I should hurry up and grab the room if it's worth the extra money. I knew everyone here would be so helpful!!!
Thanks everyone!!!

I can't speak to the rooms because I haven't stayed SL yet, but I think $100 is worth CL for the food alone - depending on your ADRs. For the most part we will use CL for breakfast and for cocktails at the end of the night, which should be worth the $100...plus, add snacks and drinks the times we are around the resort during the day and the tea serving, I think that would be the $100 for sure. If you have ADRs for all your meals it might not be worth it for you.

I'm sure you'll get some good comments on here from others who have actually stayed SL CL!!

Thanks! I've been trying to change our standard to a deluxe queen ever since we booked it but they are either sold out or the person I get on the phone insists that no such room exists!! I'm hoping closer to the 45 day mark we can switch. Thanks again for the map. That is really helpful.
I know what you mean about some people saying the room doesn't exist. When I called to add the discount to my reservation, the lady was confused when I wanted to verify that it was indeed the Deluxe Queen room. I think it may actually just be called a Deluxe room, and they only add the extra adjective to the Deluxe King rooms...at least that's what I'm hoping because otherwise they have me booked in the wrong room!
Thanks everyone!!!
For us, it is well worth the extra $100. Like Loveshak said, it would be pretty easy to make up the difference if you think about the food and beverages (including wine, beer, etc) that you will be getting. The rooms in SL are no different than the rooms in the other buildings for the most part, and the views from there will probably not be as nice as the view in a LV room, but I like the marina view from SL with the monorail in the background. You would have the texting service for the fourth FP at GF too! That's worth something to me! It is really just a lot more convenient to have CL...and it's nice to have the extra space in the lounge because everyone needs some down time:) Good luck with your decision!

Thanks everyone!!!
It depends on how much time you will be at the resort. For us it was not worth it. Our family was not thrilled with the breakfast selection, cereal, oatmeal, lunch meats and cheeses, a couple of different muffins, croissants yogurt and pastries. We like having eggs and our DDs love to have mickey waffles:) So out of 7 days we probably ate there in the morning 3 times. We did take advantage of juice station:) Then by the time we got back to the resort, the choices was just cocktails and deserts and since we do not really drink, that just left desert. The deserts were very good though. The CL area was very nice and if you want to feel a bit more special then the CL does that.

Very excited!! Just upgraded from standard exterior room to SL. I asked for connecting rooms - going with DD, DSIL, DGD and DGD's friend. Any suggestions as to what floor, or any other suggestions? We are celebrating our 52nd Anniversary (I was a child bride, lol) and our DD's 20th Anniversary. Thanks

Oh and sit downs! No! DS hating the whole thing! I or dh grabbed QS and we ate in our room! Lol!

Then we took him to Tepan Edo at 10ish and he loved that! Now he will eat anywhere just not young! You all are very lucky.

dd on the other hand should have been Blues daughter! It's all about the food with those 2 :)

You know it.... always!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 What a smart DD you have!

The ups and downs of going through aging and illness with loved ones is quite a roller coaster of its own. The ER is sometimes a routine part of daily life. I find I am much more in the moment as a consequence, it helps me focus. I know how hard it is to wait while hoping for things to get better, hope everything brightens up soon.

Isn't it great to have a trip ahead to bring happy thoughts? So grateful for things to look forward to.

Can't wait for YOUR pictures!!

We will plan on a get together in January, hooray!

Wise words Circusgirl... As for pics...me too....can't wait!!! My phone will be charged up and ready for them!!

I don't want to leave anyone in suspense...so here's my update on purchasing our F&W VIP tour yesterday.

I received a call from Disney at about 10:00 a.m. telling me they received my call and message about booking the ultimate VIP tour, but they still can't book the tour yet and that they would get my email address and send me an email for when I could call back when the tour is open.

Now I wait for the email! They said they will send an email to everyone who did the tour last year and who is interested this year so don't be surprised if there's a long wait when I call after getting the email. I asked if my spot was considered reserved and they said that it was not and that it is still first-come, first-serve but that we would get the email in advance of it opening to the public.

Thanks for the update loveshak....I sure hope that everything finally falls into place for you! :goodvibes

Kenny the Pirate has the monthly activity sheet for the Grand Floridian :

http://www.kennythepirate.com/resor...ides/grand-floridian-resort-recreation-guide/

Thanks for sharing that info...:thumbsup2 I refer to the KTP site too..and always forget that the activity calendars are on there ! Great site for trip planning IMO...:goodvibes

I can't help with locations of those rooms types, but hopefully others who know the layout of RPC will be along to help :flower3:. With that said, I hope you have a great stay! The GF is great in itself, but RPC is amazing :cloud9:.

So true Mickeynut...:goodvibes

~ As for the RPC layout...HTHs....

HoneyHoneyPot
The king deluxe rooms on the 3rd and 4th (this being the same floor as the lounge) are 43 or 4421...this room overlooks the courtyard area and is closest to the lounge..the other king deluxe is room 43 or 4430...It is at the opposite end of that row of rooms and overlooks the front of the resort..including the monorail...to give you a location idea...both of these are located along the row of rooms that are on the open side of the atrium overlooking the lobby...and neither is a far walk from everything...but as I said 43/4421 is closest to the main lounge area.. also there are several standard queen rooms located right in between these two rooms .I would definitely give a call or send a email to IPO and advise them of your travelling party and specific requests,...Hope that you have a grand trip!! :goodvibes

I seem to remember getting my itenerary printed like that last year from RPC.

I do too...and at the CR as well....I like the look of the whole print out...the way the days are space and the color coding too! :rainbow:

Thanks! Part of me now thinks maybe I'll skip the tour and do a pre-park opening breakfast at GG (since I have the ADR) and use FPs for the main rides we want to hit, and then do a less expensive F&W event. I'm going to do some more research today and see!

We are doing this too!! And are very excited about it! :woohoo:

Super excited! We have just switched our two Coronado Springs Free Dining reservations 11/19-11/24 over to Grand Floridian outer building with a lagoon view and the other reservation to a garden view. I had a pin code that was itching to be used:) This will be our first deluxe stay so I am so excited.

Congratulations!!! :goodvibes LV rooms at the GF are lovely...:boat: That was def putting your pin code to good use!! ::yes::

The deluxe king comes in 2 styles. The octagon ones are near the CL area and that set of elevators to main lobby. There are std queens on an adjacent hallway. Hopefully you could all be on the same floor. There are 2 of the deluxe octagon kings per floor.

To see the floor layout play with the room and view feature on touringplans.com It will show you where the rooms are within RPC.
http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-grand-floridian-resort

Thanks for that link Trish ...That TP link is so helpful...I should not admit to the amount of time that I have spent perusing room views at the different resorts....:blush:..lol...

I asked ds what he wanted me to bring back from my upcoming trip. He said a CL choc chip cookie? AND if you could keep it warm the fish and fries from the stand in England at Epcot. I almost forgot to get that for MYSELF:goodvibes

I told him I would eat it and think of him. Mean mom! BUT I keep telling him he can come with us but he would rather stay home since he knows he will be gone for 15 weeks at school.

Dreaming of this today! Won't be long now!
View attachment 113468

Have a great planning day! Prices finally posted for Disneyland 2016:faint:

Oh I'll take a cookie too....:thumbsup2 Lots of good food to eat ..what fun!! As for DL planning...do they offer rooms discounts like they do at WDW...???:wizard: If so hope that there are some available for your trip!

Good morning GF Friends! Please keep pictures coming from your recent trips to the GF.

Wish I had a trip planned, but not yet!

Always good to see you MommyGina..:hug: Hoping that you will have a trip int he works soon!

Can't wait to see pictures! Have a fantastic trip!! We are going to a wedding in Kansas City in a few weeks, and I can't wait for DD11 to try the earplanes :)

Safe trip..have lots of fun!!! :goodvibes

Keep trying..although there are very few of those rooms things open up all the time! Deluxe queens are located right next to the Deluxe kings that are on the 3rd and 4th floor....They do not connect and are in fact in a separate entrance hallway...but still right next door...

Thanks everyone!!!

SL is such a nice outer building...very centrally located on the GF property close to the courtyard pool..the main building...Gasparillas and also to the boat dock...While the lobby lounge does not have the spaciousness of lounge int he main building (aka RPC) ..is has a cozy bistro feel IMO...and is super convenient to grabbing a snack or drink when coming or going...The worth of staying CL of course is very subjective..if having the convenience of the extra snacks and drinks...the extra space of the lounge and also the extra level of service offered from the Itinerary Planning Office and the lounge CMs (including texting for a 4th 5th etc fast pass) appeal to you then its worth the extra $$..If you are not planning much resort or down time..then maybe its not...which ever you choose...a stay at the GF truly is so very nice! :lovestruc

I can't speak to the rooms because I haven't stayed SL yet, but I think $100 is worth CL for the food alone - depending on your ADRs. For the most part we will use CL for breakfast and for cocktails at the end of the night, which should be worth the $100...plus, add snacks and drinks the times we are around the resort during the day and the tea serving, I think that would be the $100 for sure. If you have ADRs for all your meals it might not be worth it for you.

I'm sure you'll get some good comments on here from others who have actually stayed SL CL!!

:thumbsup2 :goodvibes

It depends on how much time you will be at the resort. For us it was not worth it. Our family was not thrilled with the breakfast selection, cereal, oatmeal, lunch meats and cheeses, a couple of different muffins, croissants yogurt and pastries. We like having eggs and our DDs love to have mickey waffles:) So out of 7 days we probably ate there in the morning 3 times. We did take advantage of juice station:) Then by the time we got back to the resort, the choices was just cocktails and deserts and since we do not really drink, that just left desert. The deserts were very good though. The CL area was very nice and if you want to feel a bit more special then the CL does that.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and a different perspective too :goodvibes...That's one of the best thing about these boards...

Things have been super busy here....hence no time to DIS until today!!! :eek: So I kind of skimmed...lol...tried to catch up...am sure I missed lots...:blush:..Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a wonderful Wednesday....:surfweb: Busy GF gal...who could really use a WDW vacation..but will be be happy to live vicariously thru Trish's pics....::yes::

Last edited:
Since I dropped our free dining plan, I am considering adding the Quick Service on to my room and ticket package and then pay out of pocket for the table service we decide on. We had free dining last year and it worked well for our large family. I have read on a few sites that dining plan was not accepted at the pool bar and then read on another that the plan could be used at the pool bars. I was curious if anyone could confirm either way? Thanks In Advance.

Since I dropped our free dining plan, I am considering adding the Quick Service on to my room and ticket package and then pay out of pocket for the table service we decide on. We had free dining last year and it worked well for our large family. I have read on a few sites that dining plan was not accepted at the pool bar and then read on another that the plan could be used at the pool bars. I was curious if anyone could confirm either way? Thanks In Advance.

According to WDW's own website, Quick Service meal plan is accepted at Beach Pool Bar but not at Courtyard Pool Bar. It looks like no meal plan is accepted at Courtyard Pool Bar. I hope this helps.

We have never stayed at the Grand before and never stayed at CL but we are thinking of booking a CL room for next year (SL).

Now my (maybe silly) question.

I know that there is a special check in desk for CL guests. But are there two different desks (one for RPC and on for SL) or do both kind of guests check in at the same check in desk?

By the way: What exactly is the “texting service”? I am reading so much about it, but I don't know if this is useful for us. We are planning on staying two nights at the Grand at the end of our 10 days trip so we won’t go to the parks anymore at this point and as we are planning on staying CL we won’t need ADRs. So will this texting service be useful for us?

We have never stayed at the Grand before and never stayed at CL but we are thinking of booking a CL room for next year (SL).

I know that there is a special check in desk for CL guests. But are there two different desks (one for RPC and on for SL) or do both kind of guests check in at the same check in desk?

By the way: What exactly is the “texting service”? I am reading so much about it, but I don't know if this is useful for us. We are planning on staying two nights at the Grand at the end of our 10 days trip so we won’t go to the parks anymore at this point and as we are planning on staying CL we won’t need ADRs. So will this texting service be useful for us?
We've only stayed at RPC, but I know there are desks with CMs at SL as well. On our last trip we did online check-in so we didn't have to stop at any desk at all, we just went right to our room.

The texting service can help you if you have any questions. One week before your trip they'll contact you with a number you can text if you ever have any questions, problems, or requests before or during your trip.

I come to DW every year with my sisters but next April, my DH has agreed to come to GF as the two of us will be celebrating our 37th anniversary. When I travel with my sisters, we always stay in SL and I have already booked the SL for my April trip with my DH, but now I'm wondering if upgrading to RPC would be a good idea. Is RPC really that special???

Thanks for any guidance you can give me!!

Going in 5 days-- How reliable has the Monorail been lately for getting to the MK for pre-rope drop breakfasts??? Have BOG @ 8am for 9am opening.
Thanks!!

You don't really go to a desk when you are staying at either CL. A CM will greet you out front upon your arrival, and he/she will escort you to your room if it is ready or to the lounge if your room isn't ready (SL is in a separate outer building and RPC is in the main building). You will complete your "check in" there although there isn't really much to it. The texting service will not really benefit you much if you are not going to the parks those days since the main benefit is being able to text while you are in a park to get another FP or ask another question (perhaps to see if there are any ADRs available at a particular restaurant that evening).

I come to DW every year with my sisters but next April, my DH has agreed to come to GF as the two of us will be celebrating our 37th anniversary. When I travel with my sisters, we always stay in SL and I have already booked the SL for my April trip with my DH, but now I'm wondering if upgrading to RPC would be a good idea. Is RPC really that special???

The best part about RPC is that it's in the main building which is convenient to everything...the shops, the monorail, etc. You can also sit in the lounge in the evenings to listen to the band instead of going to the lobby to try to find a seat. Although RPC does seem to be a bit less hectic in the lounge (fewer children, maybe), the food is pretty much the same except for the carving station that was recently added to RPC. The rooms are pretty much the same too unless you book a deluxe room or suite. But the views from the rooms and the RPC lounge are different from those in SL too. The view from the RPC lounge is pretty impressive because it is on the fourth floor with views stretching from the Poly all the way to the MK. You can see the castle from some spots in the lounge! Most of the lounge overlooks the courtyard and pool. You already know what SL is like. I like SL, especially the marina view and the proximity to the courtyard pool, but RPC just takes it up a notch. I have to admit that it makes you feel pretty special...although I always felt that way when we stayed in SL too:) RPC takes it up a notch (or two, or four, lol) in price too!! So you just have to decide whether or not you will get enough out of RPC to justify the increase in price...which is subjective. My kids are older, so we enjoy sitting in the lounge listening to the band, but if I hadn't been able to get a discount on our trip in October, RPC may not have been worth the extra money! HTH!

The best part about RPC is that it's in the main building which is convenient to everything...the shops, the monorail, etc. You can also sit in the lounge in the evenings to listen to the band instead of going to the lobby to try to find a seat. Although RPC does seem to be a bit less hectic in the lounge (fewer children, maybe), the food is pretty much the same except for the carving station that was recently added to RPC. The rooms are pretty much the same too unless you book a deluxe room or suite. But the views from the rooms and the RPC lounge are different from those in SL too. The view from the RPC lounge is pretty impressive because it is on the fourth floor with views stretching from the Poly all the way to the MK. You can see the castle from some spots in the lounge! Most of the lounge overlooks the courtyard and pool. You already know what SL is like. I like SL, especially the marina view and the proximity to the courtyard pool, but RPC just takes it up a notch. I have to admit that it makes you feel pretty special...although I always felt that way when we stayed in SL too:) RPC takes it up a notch (or two, or four, lol) in price too!! So you just have to decide whether or not you will get enough out of RPC to justify the increase in price...which is subjective. My kids are older, so we enjoy sitting in the lounge listening to the band, but if I hadn't been able to get a discount on our trip in October, RPC may not have been worth the extra money! HTH!

Thanks so much Dispro1 for such a detailed answer!!! I am now thinking that my DH might just love RPC (and me too!!!) This upgrade will be a surprise for him so I guess I will be hiding all the invoices for this trip so he doesn't notice the price increase...I am really getting excited. Thanks again for your help!!!

YES!!! RPC is amazing and if the extra cost is doable, it would be a great way to celebrate your anniversary :goodvibes.

Going in 5 days-- How reliable has the Monorail been lately for getting to the MK for pre-rope drop breakfasts??? Have BOG @ 8am for 9am opening.
Thanks!!

:yay:

I can't answer about the monorail, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

I agree with everything here about RPC :thumbsup2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter