(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked a last minute trip. Did not think we were going to fit in a trip this summer due to extended school day. We were told that while we are making up days for snow that they will not count the children as absent on the extended days if you have plans.:idea: Cannot say I really understand the purpose of having them if they are not counted nor really used for instruction but I am grateful we will get to go.

We leave in 10 days and I was able to book a main building standard with passholder discount after stalking the website and being a little flexible with days. I can verify that they are manipulating the check in and check out days and what looks like minimum stays. While the room I wanted was available it was only available to book on certain check in and check out days and as long as I was staying 5 nights. You also can no longer drop days from a reservation in a modification. They will cancel your existing and re-book.

I know this has been mentioned but wanted to let everyone know that I ran into this as well.

We have entered the dreaded age of kids with too many activities and important school time. We are planning a small MNSSHP trip and a large Christmas trip with friends but that will be it for us for awhile.

Let me know if I can try to get specific photos/info for anyone. After our Disney trip we are going on our family vacation to Tokyo. We will have the opportunity to spend a couple of days in Tokyo Disney and are very excited.

We leave in 10 days and I was able to book a main building standard

Maybe we will see you there. We arrive June 7 at SL. Our first time at this hotel. It will be a fun time to be there. I know what you mean about the kids. This is when we can go. Even the summer is full with activity.

We have entered the dreaded age of kids with too many activities and important school time. We are planning a small MNSSHP trip and a large Christmas trip with friends but that will be it for us for awhile.

Let me know if I can try to get specific photos/info for anyone. After our Disney trip we are going on our family vacation to Tokyo. We will have the opportunity to spend a couple of days in Tokyo Disney and are very excited.

I can totally relate to the "too many activities" for kids! Other than our Disney trip May 30th-June 6, our entire summer revolves around multiple volleyball clinics/camps a two week drama camp, and my DD16's babysitting schedule. We were barely able to squeeze in a quick Fourth of July trip to my Dad's lake house because drama camp starts July 6th! We have a reservation for a fall break trip to RPC/MNSSHP, but my DH booked the trip for longer than we can go, so who knows if we will be able to go now since the policy at Disney has changed! Of course, it sounds like the old strategy of booking the room early and then applying the AP discount when it comes out probably won't work anymore anyway!

I can verify that they are manipulating the check in and check out days and what looks like minimum stays. While the room I wanted was available it was only available to book on certain check in and check out days and as long as I was staying 5 nights. You also can no longer drop days from a reservation in a modification. They will cancel your existing and re-book.
I know this has been mentioned but wanted to let everyone know that I ran into this as well.
Let me know if I can try to get specific photos/info for anyone.
After our Disney trip we are going on our family vacation to Tokyo. We will have the opportunity to spend a couple of days in Tokyo Disney and are very excited.
Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't sure if this was just for advance bookings. Now we know!

I would like pics of the desserts, scones or any cl food items :)

Oh dd would love to do Disneyland Tokyo!!

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't sure if this was just for advance bookings. Now we know!

Oh dd would love to do Disneyland Tokyo!!

Will try to get food photos for you. I think they are moving toward reservations made more like the cruise lines. They want to lock people into certain check in/out dates to plan for staffing etc. The only plus I could see is if we could actually book the room we want rather than just a category.

We leave in 10 days and I was able to book a main building standard with passholder discount after stalking the website and being a little flexible with days.

Maybe we will see you there. We arrive June 7 at SL. Our first time at this hotel. It will be a fun time to be there. I know what you mean about the kids. This is when we can go. Even the summer is full with activity.

I'll be there at the same time! Checking in on Friday 6/5 and checking out Tuesday 6/9. My Disney BFF from Chicago is meeting me and we're going to have a wonderful Girls' Weekend!

That sounds like fun, twocat!

I am sitting here trying not to stare too hard at re-writes for an upcoming publication. The words just stare back. So, a visit to GF Central seemed a good idea. The very mention of our favourite resort is calming enough.

I would also like to send good wishes to our friend, k&a&c'smom. I do hope that all is well and it is merely general busyness that takes her away.

Last edited:
I would love to see more pics of the grounds :) also does anyone have pics of the gift shop on the 2nd floor by the monorail?

I would love to see more pics of the grounds :) also does anyone have pics of the gift shop on the 2nd floor by the monorail?

Do you mean M. Mouse or Basin White? Either is fun!!!

BTW, I do have pics of Basin White ... if only I could figure out how to post them!

Last edited:
I am excited to get an unexpected trip to the GF. My husband suggested we go in July (I know it is hot but that is the only time he can get away). The real surprise is that my twenty something year old daughters want to go with us. :yay: As empty nesters I love every moment that I get to spend with them.

So far I have been able to get pretty good dining and FP plans. The only wrinkle is that so far I can't get a MK or lagoon view. We have a courtyard view room reserved but I keep checking in case a better view becomes available. Wish me luck! We are spoiled but that is the room type that we gave always had at the GF. I love the corner or end rooms of Big Pine Key!

Congrats on the unexpected trip to the GF, as well as your DD going along. Sounds like everything is coming together nicely. Good luck getting a TPV or LV :wizard:.

I just want to say...The pictures posted on here make me happy!!! :D

Me too :goodvibes.

Hi, everyone. I have been busy and haven't been to the boards lately. I am so homesick for the Grand!! :sad1: And now I think our August Poly trip might be canceled due to scheduling issues! AGH! :sad: We are trying now to squeeze in a trip this year about the first week of December. I miss the Grand Floridian so much! Dispro1, thanks for the deluxe room pics. :love: This thread helps the day go by a little nicer...:goodvibes

Sorry your August trip might get cancelled. Hope a December trip works out :santa:.

Good afternoon -- this is a page 2 rescue and a new ticker addition for me.....seems I'm not happy unless I have two!

Tom

Congrats on the second trip/ticker :yay:.

My balcony picture for today...can never get enough of looking at the lovely GF grounds...

Love the pic ::yes::.....I agree, it never gets tiring looking at pics of the beautiful GF grounds :cloud9:.

Just booked a last minute trip.

Congrats, have a great trip :wizard:.

We arrive June 7 at SL. Our first time at this hotel. It will be a fun time to be there.

You are going to love the GF!! Have a great trip.....won't be long before you're checking in :dance3:.

I can totally relate to the "too many activities" for kids! Other than our Disney trip May 30th-June 6, our entire summer revolves around multiple volleyball clinics/camps a two week drama camp, and my DD16's babysitting schedule. We were barely able to squeeze in a quick Fourth of July trip to my Dad's lake house because drama camp starts July 6th! We have a reservation for a fall break trip to RPC/MNSSHP, but my DH booked the trip for longer than we can go, so who knows if we will be able to go now since the policy at Disney has changed! Of course, it sounds like the old strategy of booking the room early and then applying the AP discount when it comes out probably won't work anymore anyway!

Sounds like you have a very busy summer ahead of you :eek:. Enjoy your trip coming up in 2 days :cool1:. I hope the fall trip works out and you are able to get back to the GF.

As BlueSkies would say....it's all about the food ::yes::.

I'm missing the GF terribly, so I'll post this from our last stay there in 2012...

Lovely pic, thanks for posting :flower3:.

I'll be there at the same time! Checking in on Friday 6/5 and checking out Tuesday 6/9. My Disney BFF from Chicago is meeting me and we're going to have a wonderful Girls' Weekend!

I hope you have a great girls trip :goodvibes.

I am sitting here trying not to stare too hard at re-writes for an upcoming publication. The words just stare back. So, a visit to GF Central seemed a good idea. The very mention of our favourite resort is calming enough.

I would also like to send good wishes to our friend, k&a&c'smom. I do hope that all is well and it is merely general busyness that takes her away.

Sounds like a great distraction to me :thumbsup2.

It's been a little bit since I've been in contact with k&a&c'smom, but at the time she was doing good, just busy. I will let her know she is missed around here and hopefully she will pop in soon :).

Just booked a last minute trip. Did not think we were going to fit in a trip this summer due to extended school day. We were told that while we are making up days for snow that they will not count the children as absent on the extended days if you have plans.:idea: Cannot say I really understand the purpose of having them if they are not counted nor really used for instruction but I am grateful we will get to go.

We leave in 10 days and I was able to book a main building standard with passholder discount after stalking the website and being a little flexible with days. I can verify that they are manipulating the check in and check out days and what looks like minimum stays. While the room I wanted was available it was only available to book on certain check in and check out days and as long as I was staying 5 nights. You also can no longer drop days from a reservation in a modification. They will cancel your existing and re-book.

Congrats on the last minute trip!!! :goodvibes Those have been some of our best trips...maybe due to no months of pre trip planning...lol....Thanks for confirming the info on the way the booking days are now set up...I personally think ..as I have stated before that the NO modification policy is ridiculous ...things change everyday in the real world..to possibly lose a room discount due to that is really not fair or guest friendly IMO... Enjoy your Tokyo trip..hope that you will come back and share details and photo's with your GF pals...

Btw...I understand that there have been a few CL lounge changes..there is now a carving station a few nights of the week...and..don't shoot the messenger on this on...but...there is also someone serving wine in the evenings....:duck:..ala the Beach CLub..and maybe the YC too?? Soooo maybe you can get some pics of those things too...Its always about the food..and the drink too...lol...

What a nice first time stay at the GF...You will love SL and the Grand too!! Enjoy..:cloud9:

That sounds like fun, twocat!

I always enjoy it too...:lovestruc Have been in touch with k&a&c'smom....actually a litle while back..and all was well..just a hectic time for her..I am hoping that she will be back soon too...:goodvibes WTG..you did it... posting your pics!!! I can almost smell those wonderful Basin scents!

Phyllis Thanks for sharing that gorgeous picture!!! :thumbsup2

Dispro Are you packed and ready!!! :dance3: Safe travels...and enjoy your BC stay! :goodvibes

~ MNSSHP news...Read that there will be a new stage show at Cinderella's Castle called the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular....Featuring the Sanderson Sisters from the movie Hocus Pocus...as well as a variety of other Disney villains ...sounds like it will be a fun new show! That movie was always a favorite around here...

Big big Hello :wave2: to all the rest of my fellow GF fans!! Hope that you are having a terrific Thursday! :earsgirl: preppy GF gal who is looking forward to this years MNSSHP even more!

Last edited:
Good morning MickeyNut ! I see that we were posting at the same time! :goodvibes

Yes it always is about the food!!! ::yes::

Seems like maybe we both need to give our lovely GF thread hostess a little nudge :crowded:...lol.....Hopefully she can pop in soon!

http://www.disboards.com/threads/vgf-villas-views-updated-05-14-2015.3192814/#post-49955749
http://www.disboards.com/threads/vgf-villas-views-updated-05-14-2015.3192814/#post-49955749
I hardly get by a week or two without reposting those links!

We did a 2br lake view. We wanted any except 1st floor. The views are all pretty good but the links should help narrow it down.

I love to explore the monorail resorts! There is so much shopping, eating, walking and activities to do!

There will be plenty of room for the guys. My ds at 16 and 6' slept in both the single and queen beds in the living area without any problems. The balcony is good and big too for extra space for hanging out. Your wife will love the walk in closet for sure!!

Thank you! We're all excited for our next trip. The last one, as new DVC owners seemed rushed, at least to me. This one, I'm sure, will be everything we hope it to be.

Having "no plans" days is awesome since you really get to enjoy GF that way! We always like to have one or two of those too:) I can't offer any suggestions for VGF ( Trish already covered that anyway, I think), but I will say that we ALWAYS eat at either California Grill or Narcoossee's during Wishes. It's just magical! You may already know this, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. Congrats on your new DVC membership!

My wife and I have been to Disney just about every other year since our honeymoon, back in '98. When we adopted our son back in '03, we've continued that tradition and for the most part, have been back every other year. I learned long ago that we (read ME) need at least one day, usually in the middle of our stay, to sit pool side and do NOTHING.

That's the sad part, they are already there:rolleyes:

In fairness there is so much info on page one lots gets missed!

It's been quiet here today so I have been playing on the WL thread today :flower1:

:guilty: I glanced at the first 2 pages and thought, "that's a LOT of info..." then just figured I'd be lazy and just ask. Thanks for accommodating me! :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter