(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickeynut. Our trip out west was wonderful...thanks for asking! If you've never been to Jackson, Wy, check it out! We just love it!!:cloud9:

Glad you had a great trip :goodvibes. Have never been there, but sounds like a great place to visit!!

That's the first thing I'm going to do after winning that giant Powerball jackpot :P

Sounds like a great plan to me :thumbsup2.

I'm sorry to inform you, but the winning ticket is in my pocket.......no doubt....

Tom

:rotfl::rotfl:

After a ton of calls and switching, we are finally at GF due to the WL construction (Again LOL)...we were planning a trip last year but it got moved 4 times (I know) due to my husband's health issues.

It's a little more than we can afford but we are happy and hope to spend the next 3 trips here as they tear apart the WL. By then I'm sure we'll be hooked.

Congrats on booking the GF, you're going to love it :goodvibes.

We bought our DVC spring of 2014 and stayed at BLT later that summer. We toured VGF and are sooooooo glad we bought here. Anyway, we're gearing up to start planning our next trip which will be summer of 2016. We (read, my wife) are setting a reminder so exactly 11 months out, she's booking a 1 bedroom for us. "Us" is the two of us, our son who will be 13 next year and one of his friends, same age. What are some of the requests we should make and some of the "must do's/see's" that we should also plan for? We typically do the parks on given days but I also like to plan a "no plans" day or two. As a surprise to my wife, I hope to schedule her a spa day (going all out with the Getaway). What say thee, great and powerful VGF guru's?

I can't help with suggestions for the villas, but wanted to say congrats on the DVC purchase. I'm sure you are going to have a lot of great trips to the Grand :wizard:.

This photo is the front of the flowers as you enter the VGF. The next photo is the back of the flowers. So beautiful.

Beautiful pics Candy, thanks for sharing :flower3:.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/vgf-villas-views-updated-05-14-2015.3192814/#post-49955749
http://www.disboards.com/threads/vgf-villas-views-updated-05-14-2015.3192814/#post-49955749
I hardly get by a week or two without reposting those links!

We did a 2br lake view. We wanted any except 1st floor. The views are all pretty good but the links should help narrow it down.

I love to explore the monorail resorts! There is so much shopping, eating, walking and activities to do!

There will be plenty of room for the guys. My ds at 16 and 6' slept in both the single and queen beds in the living area without any problems. The balcony is good and big too for extra space for hanging out. Your wife will love the walk in closet for sure!!

Thanks for posting those links Trish.. I am going to get in touch with our hostess k&a&c'smom and see about getting them added to the first page...

Having "no plans" days is awesome since you really get to enjoy GF that way! We always like to have one or two of those too:) I can't offer any suggestions for VGF ( Trish already covered that anyway, I think), but I will say that we ALWAYS eat at either California Grill or Narcoossee's during Wishes. It's just magical! You may already know this, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. Congrats on your new DVC membership!

Well said..great suggestions :thumbsup2...and ditto from me Tax guy! :goodvibes

I just saw this that he had passed, and am so very sad. I had the opportunity to chat with him when he returned after having been ill. He said he was a"little rusty" but I felt if that beautiful music he created was "rusty", well what on Earth was his music like when he was satisfied he was back? I am so very sorry to hear of his passing, and feel Blessed that I was able to not only meet this man, but to enjoy the lovely interlude his music provided.

Such beautiful music...and such an elegant man...:angel:

View attachment 98282 View attachment 98281 This photo is the front of the flowers as you enter the VGF. The next photo is the back of the flowers. So beautiful.

Candy More wonderful pics...:goodvibes :thumbsup2 :goodvibes So interesting that the front and back of the floral arrangement are so different....:wizard:

MickeyNut How are your plans coming along??? You are gonna love that deluxe queen room in RPC...:lovestruc

~Northeastern cruisers....:boat: read that the Disney Magic will again be cruising out of New York in 2016...

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans had a terrific Thursday! :earsgirl:

Thanks for posting those links Trish.. I am going to get in touch with our hostess k&a&c'smom and see about getting them added to the first page...
That's the sad part, they are already there:rolleyes:

In fairness there is so much info on page one lots gets missed!

It's been quiet here today so I have been playing on the WL thread today :flower1:

MickeyNut How are your plans coming along??? You are gonna love that deluxe queen room in RPC...:lovestruc

Not much planning going on yet as the trip is still up in the air.....but I have thought about switching to Poly CL:duck:.......I just can't seem to pull the trigger and let go of that queen deluxe RPC room because I know it would be hard (if not impossible) to get it back if I wanted it :rolleyes1. I'm also considering a date change of possibly the beginning of August instead of middle/end of the month......so many decisions.....LOL.

Not much planning going on yet as the trip is still up in the air.....but I have thought about switching to Poly CL:duck:.......I just can't seem to pull the trigger and let go of that queen deluxe RPC room because I know it would be hard (if not impossible) to get it back if I wanted it :rolleyes1. I'm also considering a date change of possibly the beginning of August instead of middle/end of the month......so many decisions.....LOL.

That room sounds nice :)

That room sounds nice :)

I've never stayed in one, but I have seen pics and it looks like an amazing room :goodvibes. It's quite a bit larger than a standard room, which is a nice perk as we are a family of 4 and although we don't need the extra room, it's sometimes nice to have a little extra space to spread out ;). They are, however, sometimes hard to get as there aren't that many and they aren't shown online, so you have to call to get a quote/book.

I just did my online check in for my July trip. I can't believe it's so close. This trip was planned over 5 years ago. It's a girls trip to celebrate turning 50. Me (50 this year), my sister ( 50 last year ) and my cousin ( 50 next year). My 21 year old niece is also joining us. I'm so excited!!!!

I just did my online check in for my July trip. I can't believe it's so close. This trip was planned over 5 years ago. It's a girls trip to celebrate turning 50. Me (50 this year), my sister ( 50 last year ) and my cousin ( 50 next year). My 21 year old niece is also joining us. I'm so excited!!!!
I turned 50 last year. If you can't stop time you might as well spend it at a "timeless" desitnation:hourglass

You "girls" are going to have a blast:flower1:

I've never stayed in one, but I have seen pics and it looks like an amazing room :goodvibes. It's quite a bit larger than a standard room, which is a nice perk as we are a family of 4 and although we don't need the extra room, it's sometimes nice to have a little extra space to spread out ;). They are, however, sometimes hard to get as there aren't that many and they aren't shown online, so you have to call to get a quote/book.

Yes, it would be difficult to give up such a nice room...image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

I hope you get your trip worked out soon, but if the RPC Deluxe Queen doesn't work out this time...there's always next time;)

You are going to have a great time! The GF is a great place for a girls trip :goodvibes.

My mother and I would window shop on a Sunday evening in downtown Boston. This window brings back happy memories. Look at the beautiful details. The Grand is Grand!

It certainly is :wizard:.

Yes, it would be difficult to give up such a nice room...

I hope you get your trip worked out soon, but if the RPC Deluxe Queen doesn't work out this time...there's always next time;)

Those pics are amazing :cloud9:....thanks so much for sharing! What's that room number?

Thanks......I hope it works out too, but like you said, there's always next time for that deluxe room if this time doesn't pan out ::yes::.

Those pics are amazing :cloud9:....thanks so much for sharing! What's that room number?

4319!! 4419 is exactly the same (one floor up -4th floor). 4419 is right by the lounge, so I would be concerned about early morning noise there, but if your family gets up early, it would be very convenient to the lounge!

Just wanted to say hi :wave2:

I have been visiting with my folks and have been able to keep up on reading all the fun posts but haven't had a chance to contribute much lately, outside of 'likes' but I wanted to take a minute and say that I hope everyone has a GRAND Saturday!!

We just got back from a GF lake view studio stay 5/15-5/20, and all I can say is...wow! We were in room 1610, and had a view like we've never had before. Looking left, we could see Space Mountain, Bay Lake Tower, the Contemporary, and the top of the Wilderness Lodge. Looking toward the right we could see Spaceship Earth, the top of the Dolphin, and looking below us, the Wedding Pavilion. The Electric Water Pageant while not a straight ahead view, did come by our balcony every night. I loved that I could hear the boat horns going by in the distance at night. :)

IMG_3932.JPGIMG_3933.JPG

The Beach Pool was fantastic every afternoon. Never had a problem finding a table and loved that a server actually would come up and serve drinks, etc. Getting to see the Monorail go by while watching boats and Sea Raycers in the Lagoon was such a plus! The homemade potato chips are definitely a treat.

We did laundry one day, and while it wasn't on our floor there was no one else using the machines so it was done quickly.

It was just DH and I celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary...and since we spent our honeymoon at GF (not the villas, obviously!) this was very special. We had a great time. The points are rather cost prohibitive to think about doing this with our 4 kids in a 2br, but we are so glad we got to experience this!!

4319!! 4419 is exactly the same (one floor up -4th floor). 4419 is right by the lounge, so I would be concerned about early morning noise there, but if your family gets up early, it would be very convenient to the lounge!

Thanks for the room number :goodvibes. That room is just beautiful, scrolling through the page past those pics makes me want to be there now :cloud9:. I don't think I'd have a problem being so close to the lounge, but being on the 3rd floor is a little more out of the way of a lot of traffic ;).

Just wanted to say hi :wave2:

I have been visiting with my folks and have been able to keep up on reading all the fun posts but haven't had a chance to contribute much lately, outside of 'likes' but I wanted to take a minute and say that I hope everyone has a GRAND Saturday!!

Glad you could pop in, hope you're having a nice time visiting your parents :).

I love reading about the hotel! We have about 6 months to go.

I'm sure the time will go fast :goodvibes.

We just got back from a GF lake view studio stay 5/15-5/20, and all I can say is...wow! We were in room 1610, and had a view like we've never had before. Looking left, we could see Space Mountain, Bay Lake Tower, the Contemporary, and the top of the Wilderness Lodge. Looking toward the right we could see Spaceship Earth, the top of the Dolphin, and looking below us, the Wedding Pavilion. The Electric Water Pageant while not a straight ahead view, did come by our balcony every night. I loved that I could hear the boat horns going by in the distance at night. :)

The Beach Pool was fantastic every afternoon. Never had a problem finding a table and loved that a server actually would come up and serve drinks, etc. Getting to see the Monorail go by while watching boats and Sea Raycers in the Lagoon was such a plus! The homemade potato chips are definitely a treat.

We did laundry one day, and while it wasn't on our floor there was no one else using the machines so it was done quickly.

It was just DH and I celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary...and since we spent our honeymoon at GF (not the villas, obviously!) this was very special. We had a great time. The points are rather cost prohibitive to think about doing this with our 4 kids in a 2br, but we are so glad we got to experience this!!

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great anniversary trip and enjoyed the studio, the view sounds awesome :wizard:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter