(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon :wave:

Just popping to say Hi and hope everyone had a good holiday(yeah I know I'm a few days late)....Spent it with some Disney friends....We were talking about restaurants local & Disney and one of them looked at me and said " Have you ever eaten at Vic...." was all he got out before I said "Victoria & Albert's....Um yeah that is my FAVORITE restaurant and we try to eat there at least once per trip" his eyes promptly bugged out of his head...Then I explained to him we used to be AP holders and as AP holder were able to get a special card(at an extra cost) that gave us a nice % off but V&A is no longer accepting the card..... This was his reply !#@$ *&^%#$^^#?><!~........So I them V&A's website then pointed them to my FB albums for pics...They'll be staying at the WL but dining at the GF several times

Hey Mickynut, grannyminnie & Blue

:eeyore:

Hi ahcupcake :wave2:

Sounds like you had a nice holiday spending it with good friends talking Disney :goodvibes.

MickeyNut and Blue, thank you for the updates on our dear k&a&c'smom. So happy that all is well! Anyhoo, I am slowly remembering how to post photos. Sizing has always been my worry. If this works you may be seeing some views of the GF. If it doesn't work ...View attachment 99608

You're welcome :).

Love the pics, thanks so much for sharing.....the GF is so beautiful :cloud9:.

I cannot wait to be sitting right here in November!!

November will be here before you know it ::yes::.

This splash play area looks so cool!!! :wizard:

Mickeynut, the splash play area is cool. This pic was taken in December when it was more than cool. In fact, it was freezing. Yet, kids were splashing about no matter what! I had goosebumps and I wasn't anywhere near the water. :D

Love the picture from the GF tea, Candy! We have never done that, but surely should! Yes, Mickeynut, as Blue says, it's all about the food....:)

I should just move over to the resort changers forum....I am in the process of cancelling my August ressie at the WL, and gonna book in early December at a (probably) mod. This will be hard for me ('cause I'm a deluxe kinda gal) but we will have just been out to Calif. in Sept., so gotta bite the bullet somewhere....

Followthatmouse!!!! Loved very one:cloud9:

What were the balloons in the lobby all about??

Going back now to look again at those pix. :worship:

Last edited:
I was just playing around on the Touring Plans hotel room view feature and was looking at the king deluxe rooms. It shows this as an "approximate" view from 4021 and 4421 and was taken from a nearby room (4030)...do my GF experts think this is pretty "approximate"?

View attachment 99607
Well I was in 4030 and that was my view.

The view will be similar just more left from there and some view also towards the courtyard pool.

Love the picture from the GF tea, Candy! We have never done that, but surely should! Yes, Mickeynut, as Blue says, it's all about the food....:)

I should just move over to the resort changers forum....I am in the process of cancelling my August ressie at the WL, and gonna book in early December at a (probably) mod. This will be hard for me ('cause I'm a deluxe kinda gal) but we will have just been out to Calif. in Sept., so gotta bite the bullet somewhere....
Sorry! Just think tho, some only go to disney once in a lifetime, yet alone once a year.

Hard to feel sorry for someone that goes several times in a year:rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Seriously, I am getting attached about deluxe stays too. I may have to go value/mod in January. If I have do that I am going to try to go longer than 3-5 days.

Mickeynut, the splash play area is cool. This pic was taken in December when it was more than cool. In fact, it was freezing. Yet, kids were splashing about no matter what! I had goosebumps and I wasn't anywhere near the water. :D

It looks amazing, I'm sure kids love it :goodvibes. LOL about the kids playing in it even though it was cold :laughing:.

Yes, Mickeynut, as Blue says, it's all about the food....:)

Yes, the food part is very important ::yes::.

I'm sorry you are cancelling your August trip, but December is a great time to go :santa:. I do understand about being a deluxe gal as it's very easy to become accustomed to staying at those resorts, but I think you'll have just as nice a trip at a mod. We've only stayed at one mod (CBR) and although deluxe is our preference, we wouldn't hesitate to go back to CBR (or try a different mod) :).

Followthatmouse!!!! Loved very one:cloud9:

What were the balloons in the lobby all about??

I wondered the same thing when I saw that pic. Then I saw the Christmas tree and thought maybe New Years :confused3.

I am getting attached about deluxe stays too. I may have to go value/mod in January. If I have do that I am going to try to go longer than 3-5 days.

It's very easy to do......the deluxe resorts are very addicting ::yes::.

Hi All!! Happy Friday!

Follow...Fabulous pics!!!! Thanks so much for sharing them!! :thumbsup2

Trish Those ballons are all gathered up and ready to be dropped in the lobby at midnight on NYE!! So Grand!

Grannyminnie December in WDW is so beautiful...It will put you in the holiday spirit for sure...no matter what resort you are staying at...BTW...we will be there early December too...maybe we will finally get to say Hi in person!!! :goodvibes

MickeyNut Of course its always about the food!! :flower:

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans have a wonderful weekend!! :earsgirl: preppy GF gal...who has added an EPCOT charm to my ever growing collection of Pandora charms!! :upsidedow

Last edited:
I was just playing around on the Touring Plans hotel room view feature and was looking at the king deluxe rooms. It shows this as an "approximate" view from 4021 and 4421 and was taken from a nearby room (4030)...do my GF experts think this is pretty "approximate"?

View attachment 99607
Like Blueskies said...image.jpg
Plus the courtyard pool if you look down:) I think I posted this a while back but didn't say it was the view from our king turret room. I have one of the view toward Poly too that I posted before too, I think. Spectacular views!

And Blue, I think I packed everything... I'll know soon since we're only two hours away from Disney now! Well, we're shopping tonight, but I'll know when we check in to BC tomorrow! I have no idea how we will fit our new stuff in the car...but I'm so excited, I'll worry about that next Saturday!! We are totally avoiding the GF so we won't be sad...

Like Blueskies said...View attachment 99770
Plus the courtyard pool if you look down:) I think I posted this a while back but didn't say it was the view from our king turret room. I have one of the view toward Poly too that I posted before too, I think. Spectacular views!

And Blue, I think I packed everything... I'll know soon since we're only two hours away from Disney now! Well, we're shopping tonight, but I'll know when we check in to BC tomorrow! I have no idea how we will fit our new stuff in the car...but I'm so excited, I'll worry about that next Saturday!! We are totally avoiding the GF so we won't be sad...

Oh I love that!!!! Fingers crossed, fingers crossed!!

Glad you and you family are almost to BC! Have fun shopping and it's amazing how much you can cram into all the spaces of your car :rotfl:

Hi ahcupcake :wave2:

Sounds like you had a nice holiday spending it with good friends talking Disney :goodvibes.

You're welcome :).

Love the pics, thanks so much for sharing.....the GF is so beautiful :cloud9:.

November will be here before you know it ::yes::.

This splash play area looks so cool!!! :wizard:

I hope so Mickeynut1!! Let's see...only 169 days to go!

What would people vote for between arriving on our first day and doing tea CL or booking a tea time at the Garden View Tea Room? My current plan is to arrive, check in, relax, and then hit afternoon tea in the CL. Would it be a good start to the vacation though to book the full experience at the tea room? Thanks for opinions!!!

If we just do CL tea on arrival day, does anyone know how easy/difficult it is to get same day reservations if we just want to play it by ear on whether to do the tea room on one of our resort days?

I checked into today from Poly due to the construction and was put in a main bldg - Deluxe King - CL Room 4430. When I walked in I turned to the CM who showed me up to the room and was like this is really my room and she said yep. I guess going through two days of construction outside my room at Poly was worth it if it means staying here. Yeah to Disney Pixie Dust.

upload_2015-5-29_19-20-30.jpeg

upload_2015-5-29_19-21-3.jpeg

upload_2015-5-29_19-21-38.jpeg

Last edited:
I checked into today from Poly due to the construction and was put in a main bldg - Deluxe King - CL Room 4430. When I walked in I turned to the CM who showed me up to the room and was like this is really my room and she said yep. I guess going through two days of construction outside my room at Poly was worth it if it means staying hear. Yeah to Disney Pixie Dust.

View attachment 99779

View attachment 99780

View attachment 99781

That is awesome pixie dust!!! Enjoy the rest of your stay!

What room # is that??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter