2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had asked earlier if there were any hints of adding daybeds to rooms and I believe someone thought that it probably wouldn't happen because some of the rooms could not be configured that way. Then I saw someone post pictures of their newly renovated room and it had a desk in the area where the daybed usually is, so I've been almost ready to give up hope:sad1:. So...you think maybe they might be adding daybeds to some rooms? I sure hope so! BC has long been our favorite resort but lately we've been gravitating to the Poly mainly due to the large rooms that all include a daybed. Vacations are truly rough when a family of 4 has 2 older kids and cannot squash into 2 smaller/queen beds for a comfortable sleep!

Is there a way to find out how many rooms have added daybeds on the 5th floor since that floor is done? Last trip I booked a Lagoon View room CL and didn't get a daybed -- I would rather pay for a lesser view and have a better chance of getting a daybed.

I totally get the older kids and wanting a daybed. We travelled to Disney many times with our teenage sons. We always requested a daybed and were fortunate most times. We did not have one a few years ago in a Garden View BC CL room and did request and receive a cot. It worked out fine.

I do believe the rooms at the BC without the daybed are configured as the ones I posted pictures. I believe the standard view CL rooms have the ability to book for a party of 5, so, I would guess these are the BC CL type with a greater chance of meeting a request for a daybed. It is a hard call because I suppose they reserve these rooms more for parties of 5.

Best wishes to you. I will say the new rooms and lounge are simply lovely. Also, have you considered booking a deluxe room? Just another thought.

Thinking of switching our reservation over to the YC for this coming August. We have stayed at the BC, but never the YC. Is it like the BC where I would need to request a full balcony? Anything else I should know about the YC? It will be myself, DHS, DS13 and dS6mo. Still trying to decide if I should book standard or garden. Basically I'm looking for a room close to SAB and transportation.

No, all YC rooms have balconies. I would book a GV room. Much better view. Some of the standard views can be truly awful. We only booked a standard view because that was all that was available on my discount!!
I would request on your res. a room close to the lobby elevators.

I am so excited to finally ask Dee to update my info on the BOG List: November 14-21, 2015 at Beach Club Villas since we are now officially booked! This will be our first visit to the BC/YC resort area, and our first Deluxe, but there will be many more visits to come….

This past summer, DH & I became DVC members and the only home resort for us was BCV! Knowing that I can go to Disney once a year is thrilling and will “hopefully” keep me from talking about it non-stop (or so my DH thinks).:rolleyes1

We chose BCV even though we have never set a toe inside it! DH & I ate at Kouzzina on our first trip together in 2013 and loved the area. We walked around the lake and enjoyed the higher Illuminations fireworks from one of the bridges. DH can’t wait to waltz into Epcot each night for dinner. Having access to SAB and cutting down on our bus rides to the parks pushed me over the edge (but I was already teetering)!

I “blame” ;) the regulars on this thread for convincing me that BC/YC was the resort area for us. Special thanks to Best Aunt who patiently answered my studio questions.

We wish everyone a wonderful holiday season!! :santa:

I “blame” the regulars on this thread for convincing me that BC/YC was the resort area for us. Special thanks to Best Aunt who patiently answered my studio questions.
They are passionate about it for a reason, I promise! I added a couple nights on to the end of our stay and I'm completely spoiled now, no other place will do! The whole area is just fantastic.

page 139-141

Holy High-Tech Java, Batman!!!

Not sure how long it would take me to learn to operate this, but I'm pretty sure if my stay was long enough I could figure out how to split atoms with this thing.

Rebecca, thank you so much for sharing your trip with us and for taking the time to post all of these fantastic pictures! When I get a chance, I will "collect" them and organize into some albums for the front page.

:thumbsup2

First stay at the Yacht Club coming up! (Still a ways away though) I got a Magical deal and I'll be staying from Aug 27-30. Standard view room (but hoping for something at least a little decent!)

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

We leave in 2 days!! Sooo excited and I have so much to organize!!

We are leaving Canada and heading to Albany, NY for a preflight night then up early for our flight and we have a 4 night stay at CSR with our DD14's basketball team who will be playing at the ESPN centre. Then our BC stay begins!! It still feels surreal to think that we are spending Christmas at Disney and staying in my dream resort!

May have missed your sendoff, but wishing you a very magical trip.

pixiedust:

Thinking of switching our reservation over to the YC for this coming August. We have stayed at the BC, but never the YC. Is it like the BC where I would need to request a full balcony? Anything else I should know about the YC? It will be myself, DHS, DS13 and dS6mo. Still trying to decide if I should book standard or garden. Basically I'm looking for a room close to SAB and transportation.

:welcome: back!

Yes, the rooms at YC have full balconies (there is one on CL that does not), so you don't need to make this a request when you stay at the resort. If you are able to book a GV room and it is not significantly more than SV, I suggest doing that. I think both categories have rooms that qualify as "Close to Lobby", which would be the request you want to make to your reservation to be nearest to transportation and SAB.

Let us know if you book at the resort and I will add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

I had asked earlier if there were any hints of adding daybeds to rooms and I believe someone thought that it probably wouldn't happen because some of the rooms could not be configured that way. Then I saw someone post pictures of their newly renovated room and it had a desk in the area where the daybed usually is, so I've been almost ready to give up hope:sad1:. So...you think maybe they might be adding daybeds to some rooms? I sure hope so! BC has long been our favorite resort but lately we've been gravitating to the Poly mainly due to the large rooms that all include a daybed. Vacations are truly rough when a family of 4 has 2 older kids and cannot squash into 2 smaller/queen beds for a comfortable sleep!

Is there a way to find out how many rooms have added daybeds on the 5th floor since that floor is done? Last trip I booked a Lagoon View room CL and didn't get a daybed -- I would rather pay for a lesser view and have a better chance of getting a daybed.

OK, yeah, that was me that both said not all rooms are configured to be able to add a daybed and asked you where you got that info.

:lmao:

What I was trying to say is that not all of the rooms at the resort have the space for the addition of daybed, but some do, and I think they will be adding daybeds to some of the rooms if they can.

I am not sure how many or where.

I think the only way we will have of knowing is if guests come back and provide room numbers, view info and bed configuration (2 Q, a King, daybed or no). I am tracking this as best I can in the BC and YC view threads on the resort photo subforum.

I totally understand your desire for more daybed availability. My two teen boys won't sleep in the same bed either!

:)

We are at 29 Days until we check in and it hit me last night when I was doing some tinkering to our itinerary at how convenient it will be for us with Epcot and DHS.

Just an example: on January 13 it's our MK day (1/2 day). I have it so we come back around noon and hang around the pool have some of those famous Sunken Treasures or two (or three :thumbsup2), and then relax before we walk over to Epcot and the Behind the Seeds Tour and finish up with dinner at Rose and Crown, and then walk back to BCV.

I know how close the resort is to both parks, but it didn't register until last night.
Definitely looking forward to this part of the trip.
If we love it, we may end up coming back again and again :)

It really is SO close!!!

:woohoo:

I “blame” ;) the regulars on this thread for convincing me that BC/YC was the resort area for us. Special thanks to Best Aunt who patiently answered my studio questions.

Whatever do you mean???

:rolleyes1

I am so excited to finally ask Dee to update my info on the BOG List: November 14-21, 2015 at Beach Club Villas since we are now officially booked! This will be our first visit to the BC/YC resort area, and our first Deluxe, but there will be many more visits to come….

This past summer, DH & I became DVC members and the only home resort for us was BCV! Knowing that I can go to Disney once a year is thrilling and will “hopefully” keep me from talking about it non-stop (or so my DH thinks).:rolleyes1

We chose BCV even though we have never set a toe inside it! DH & I ate at Kouzzina on our first trip together in 2013 and loved the area. We walked around the lake and enjoyed the higher Illuminations fireworks from one of the bridges. DH can’t wait to waltz into Epcot each night for dinner. Having access to SAB and cutting down on our bus rides to the parks pushed me over the edge (but I was already teetering)!

We wish everyone a wonderful holiday season!! :santa:

:welcome: home and congratulations at becoming an owner!

I am delighted to be adding you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

We are staying @ the YC for the 1st time Feb 1-5 for an adults only trip! I have booked a GV CL room. Am I correct in the fact that only 5 of these rooms exist? Does anyone know where they are on the 5th floor in relation to the lounge?

We are heading to the airport later today with checkin to BC CL tomorrow for 5 glorious nights! I am over the moon excited. Who's there now?

We are staying @ the YC for the 1st time Feb 1-5 for an adults only trip! I have booked a GV CL room. Am I correct in the fact that only 5 of these rooms exist? Does anyone know where they are on the 5th floor in relation to the lounge?

I believe that is correct. According to information reported by past guests (and compiled by me on the Yacht Club Room View thread), this is what we know about the YC CL GV rooms:

Room 5152

Room 5154

Room 5198

Some specific info about YC CL GV rooms (5):

View of Wedding Gazebo:

5150 2 Queens, Daybed
5152 2 Queens, Chair with ottoman
5154 2 Queens, Daybed

View of Lakeside (back) Entrance Courtyard

5198 King Bed

I have never been over there, so I don't know how far these rooms are from the lounge.

:thumbsup2

We are heading to the airport later today with checkin to BC CL tomorrow for 5 glorious nights! I am over the moon excited. Who's there now?

Have a fantastic trip!!!

According to the Be Our Guest list, these are some of the DISers who will be there this week:

December :santa:

MaryLovesPoohBear Dec 14-19 BCV studio
ashleyrm Dec 15-18 YC GV (30th anniversary)
DummbGiRL Dec 15-22 BCV
Doylemom22 Dec 16-?? BC
xjay Dec 17-21 YC GV
MarinaD Dec 17-23 BC CL
anne0866 Dec 17-26 BC CL WV
VFG Dec 19-24 BC SV
dddisrunner Dec 20-30 BC

:goodvibes

I have updated the Be Our Guest list with the changes over the past few days. Please take a moment to look it over to make sure I have your information listed corrected.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

I totally get the older kids and wanting a daybed. We travelled to Disney many times with our teenage sons. We always requested a daybed and were fortunate most times. We did not have one a few years ago in a Garden View BC CL room and did request and receive a cot. It worked out fine.

I do believe the rooms at the BC without the daybed are configured as the ones I posted pictures. I believe the standard view CL rooms have the ability to book for a party of 5, so, I would guess these are the BC CL type with a greater chance of meeting a request for a daybed. It is a hard call because I suppose they reserve these rooms more for parties of 5.

Best wishes to you. I will say the new rooms and lounge are simply lovely. Also, have you considered booking a deluxe room? Just another thought.

OK, yeah, that was me that both said not all rooms are configured to be able to add a daybed and asked you where you got that info. :lmao: What I was trying to say is that not all of the rooms at the resort have the space for the addition of daybed, but some do, and I think they will be adding daybeds to some of the rooms if they can.

I am not sure how many or where.

I think the only way we will have of knowing is if guests come back and provide room numbers, view info and bed configuration (2 Q, a King, daybed or no). I am tracking this as best I can in the BC and YC view threads on the resort photo subforum.

I totally understand your desire for more daybed availability. My two teen boys won't sleep in the same bed either!

Thank you both for responding :). I do understand about the room configurations. Seriously hoping most rooms CAN be configured to add the daybed. I'm going to make our Easter reservation shortly and praying and hoping we can have a room with daybed:thumbsup2. Of course it will be my #1 request.

I'll be following this thread and the resort photo thread to hopefully come up with which view I should book to have the best chances of getting a daybed. It backfired on me last trip -- booked CL lagoon view and did realize my odds weren't great on getting a daybed, but we really wanted a nice view.... So, if daybeds have not been added to the new CL lagoon view rooms, then I will downgrade our view and save some money. Getting good sleep is a higher priority for us than having the view.

I believe the deluxe rooms are not on the 5th floor, correct? While we'd love the certainty of a daybed and extra room, we'd really like to be on the 5th floor. If for nothing else, we feel more secure letting our girls go to the lounge to grab a snack and bring back to our room.

Question for any of you who have gone to the water parks....worth doing for a few hours on our arrival day (won't have a park ticket) or would my kids (6 and 4) be just as happy at SAB? We will have plenty of pool time built into our vacation, but this would be our only opportunity to use the free water park ticket we got with our magical deal. Just not sure if it's worth dealing with bus transportation and probably heavy crowds (we wouldn't get there until mid-day) when we have a great pool at our resort. However, we've never done a water park, and what better time to try one than when it's free?! :) Thoughts??? TIA!

Question for any of you who have gone to the water parks....worth doing for a few hours on our arrival day (won't have a park ticket) or would my kids (6 and 4) be just as happy at SAB? We will have plenty of pool time built into our vacation, but this would be our only opportunity to use the free water park ticket we got with our magical deal. Just not sure if it's worth dealing with bus transportation and probably heavy crowds (we wouldn't get there until mid-day) when we have a great pool at our resort. However, we've never done a water park, and what better time to try one than when it's free?! :) Thoughts??? TIA!

Cluelyss, we've never been to one of the water parks, so I can only speak to SAB. I was there in August with my three older kids (11, 9, and 6 at the time). We were more than happy just hanging out at the pool. It might be worth checking out the water park, though, since there's no extra cost to you. I think what mostly keeps me from trying out the water parks is the thought of having to schlep everything I need with me and then having to ride back to the resort in an air-conditioned bus while wearing wet clothes. You can always bring a change of clothes, but that adds to the schlepping. I can't remember which park has e mini-golf next to it, but that's the park I'd choose. In case the park is a bust, you can golf instead.

Yes, two kids age 6 and 4 would find plenty to do at SAB. There is the large Pirate slide and a much smaller kiddie slide, along with the very small lazy river and sandy beach area of the pool for them to enjoy. Hurricane Hannah's is right there for food, and they even have a waitress who will bring your food to you. ;)

The water parks are fun, and huge. Blizzard Beach has lots of water slides. Typhoon Lagoon has a cool wave pool along with the water slides. They both have really nice, long lazy rivers. Your family could have a lot of fun at one of these water parks. If you are depending on Disney transportation then Blizzard Beach is the easiest one to get to and from the BC/YC. If you are up for all the extra travel time that it would take to get to a water park, then go for it.

IF you do not have the tickets just save the money and enjoy SAB , it is just a small waterpark by its self and your room already includes the price of admission. Plus if you have the dining plan and get your Mugs you can at least enjoy the unlimited refills of beverages from Beaches and Cream and Hurricane Hannas and not worry about buying drinks at a water park, plus the kids can always go back to the room and relax after all it is a vacation and it is a huge resort, plus the arcade and there is night life on the Boardwalk plenty to do without going to a park within a 10 min walk. Plus again can always see if the firework show Wishes will be going on that night and watch from the bridge thats right before EPCOT

I'm already on the BOG list but we added an extra night to the beginning of our trip! :banana::banana:

I took that day off to pack and get things ready to leave the next day but then I thought "what the heck....just leave that day!" Flights aren't booked yet but I'll be on the lookout.

Thanks for all the responses!!! :)

Let me add another vote for SAB! We do enjoy the wave pool, however, it can be very scary,(for a parent trying to keep track of her kids... :hyper: yes that would be me:cool2:) and it can fling you, scraping your knees.... with ages of your kids, I would think SAB is the better fit... :cool1:

So as I sit here pondering and wondering how am I going to pack all the stuff I want to take with me and the gifts i have to take I realize that the hour it felt like was only 15 mins, this week is going to drag by so slow , considering this time next week I will be in the happiest place on earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter