2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
UGH!!! I have not been able to carve out a lot of DIS time in the past few days, so I have gotten behind on responses. Thanks to everyone who has jumped in with great information and answers to questions.

I have been playing around with the posts on Page 1, particularly the Renovation information to try to make the details easier to find, and the Beach Club Rooms Post ( I have finally updated the room pictures with pictures from the newly refurbed rooms).

Page 179-180

According to the graphic layouts at **************.net, the Studio is slightly smaller, 356 square compared to the Standard BC rooms which are 381 square feet. Looks like a slightly wider bathroom area in the graphic
View attachment 80527 View attachment 80528

Thanks for posting these!!! Cool!

:goodvibes:

Just under a month until we'll be there! I remember seeing a thread that had photos of what some of the views looked like from certain rooms. Was that this thread or another one? I figured I ask before I go searching through 179 pages worth of posts. haha

Gave you a :welcome: in a previous post. Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1? Late March or early April? Which resort?

:)

I'm here! I forgot to ask about the refurbs but I see lazy river open or I think so

Thanks!!!

Do we have a definitive call that the Lazy River is indeed open?

:thumbsup2

I thought the monthly recreation calendar replaced the hotel newspapers that people were discussing.
http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/Y&BCalendar.pdf

Dee probably has posted this somewhere but I'm too lazy to look for it.

Yes, I post the monthly activities calendar in the Activities section (Page 1, Post 4)

:goodvibes

I booked a water view room since it was the only category left and I normally don't pay for view but decided it was worth the extra but my first room, 1521 had this view - http://i.imgur.com/mnj7VDo.jpg

Didn't want to stare at a towel box for the entire week so we went back to the front desk and got changed to a room on the 4th floor with this view - http://i.imgur.com/hDFoqW6.jpg

I normally don't complain about views but damn, look at the difference between the views! You could see a little of the pool and maybe lagoon if you squinted but yech, they really shouldn't sell the first room as a water view if they don't move the box.

You definitely handled this the correct way- returning to the front desk and calmly and politely explaining the issue.

If you don't mind, after you return home from your trip, I would like to suggest that you write to Disney guest services (and copy the resort manager) and show them pictures of the first room that is categorized as a water view. You could also mention that the situation was resolved to your satisfaction, but your feedback could help future guests who may be assigned to this room.

::yes::

By the time we arrive for our 4/29 - 5/3 stay at BC, it seems they'll be close to refurbing two (non-club) floors. When I booked, I added "newly renovated room" as a room request. Is that the best way to do it if I want a newly refurb'd room?

Perhaps "Upper floor, Newly Renovated Room Please"

:)

Dee the coffee pots in the studios are regular pots. I forget if they are 10 or 12 cups. Definitely larger than four cups. They use regular basket filters.

OK, thanks! Maybe I am confusing it with the 4 cup coffee makers that used to be in the resort rooms.

:upsidedow

Your complaint was warranted, there is no way that room should be qualified for water view.

I agree!

Can't remember if I have welcomed you here to the thread, or if it has been awhile, so...

:welcome:

Can you add us to the BOG list? Staying at BCV 8/15-23. Thanks!

Here's an official :welcome:

Sure thing!!!

:cool1:

Am I not following another thread where recent room pics are posted? I assumed they would be posted here, and I have seen some.

As I mentioned, I have tried to highlight the links to the new room pictures so they are easier to find, in the very first post in this thread, and in the Beach Club Room Post 8. Of course, the DIS changed servers during this time and all of the page numbers changed!!!

:faint:

Guest Rooms (Pre 2015 Renovation)

IMG_0148.jpg

Bye Bye Nate's leg!!!

:rotfl2:

page 181-182

And if you are traveling with my Dad be aware of the location of every men's room in WDW because he is going to want to use them all!! :scared:

~NM

I can relate to this!!!

My dad is just the same.

Surprisingly, it was also an issue when I toured with teens on Nate's class trip. In fact, one of the taglines from that trip was "I can't manage 20 bladders!"

:sad2:

In one week I make my ADR's for my trip. We have the dinning plan. I have Beaches and Cream on my list for dinner before we head back to HS for Fantasmic. Does anyone know if you are limited to what you get on the dinning plan there? We do need to pay out of pocket for 1 meal. I don't know if it should be at Beaches or at Via Napoli.

Also, has anyone had their daughter done up at the spa at the Beach / Yacht Club? I will be booking that vs BBB for my two girls. I just wonder if anyone had any feed back.

last question, how far from Beach Club is the Yacht Club spa?

Thank you very much for your help.

The spa is located in between the Yacht Club and Beach Club. Near Beaches & Cream.

I haven't read many reviews from the spa, so I can't help you there.

As others have indicated, you are able to get most things on the dining plan at B&C, but if you need to pay OOP for a meal, this is probably a good one to choose.

:thumbsup2

If you pop your email to Microsoft outlook then there is a much faster way to resize your pictures than using Paint. I hated that process...was taking me forever. Check out this shortcut:

Oooo!!!! Thank you so much!!! I am going to try this. Paint is indeed a PITA!

:banana::banana::banana:

How long will it take to get from BC to TTC? We will have our own car. Trying to figure out how long it would take to get to Chef Mickey's for Easter morning brunch. We're getting close!

I have been playing around with the posts on Page 1, particularly the Renovation information to try to make the details easier to find, and the Beach Club Rooms Post ( I have finally updated the room pictures with pictures from the newly refurbed rooms)

Yes, I post the monthly activities calendar in the Activities section (Page 1, Post 4)

:goodvibes

Thank you for the updates and all the work!

:hippie:

How long will it take to get from BC to TTC? We will have our own car. Trying to figure out how long it would take to get to Chef Mickey's for Easter morning brunch. We're getting close!
I actually wouldn't drive on Easter. I'd rely on Disney transport or a cab. I'd take a cab to CR for my CM ADR or take the early AM bus to MK and walk to CR. Easter is one of those very busy days and I'd hate to sit in traffic. Well, I'd hate to sit in traffic while my husband was driving on vacation. ;)

I could not find bus routes. I think resort to MK is direct. I'm thinking of combining AK with a Water Park day and may dress for both when leaving in the morning, but do not know if AK is first stop with water park (which) on return or Water Park stop is first stop before AK. Anyone know?

Do I have this right? .. going to MK from BC when they open at 9 and Close at 7 for night of joy. I want to do rope drop and try to get on many rides before fast pass. I need to be at the Bus at BC at 8 AM?

I am so sad my flight was cancelled today. Now I am riding the bus with the band.

:scared1:

What are the age of kids in band? My fav memories are of getting the whole bus singing. Frozen age? I started it by thumping my foot twice and clapping once -entro to we will rock you. Crazy train? Momma, don't want to go to school today...

It's our high school band so probably ages 14 to 18. It will be a long trip. We are leaving here at 2pm today and driving straight through to the MK. The itinerary states we will arrive at 10 am at the MK and stay until 11pm in the park and finally arrive at hotel at 11:30 tomorrow night.

No showers and no bed until late tomorrow night.

I have been playing around with the posts on Page 1, particularly the Renovation information to try to make the details easier to find, and the Beach Club Rooms Post ( I have finally updated the room pictures with pictures from the newly refurbed rooms).

Hi Dee!

Is the "BCV Renovation Discussion Thread" on Page 1 (in hot pink text) supposed to be a hyperlink? It wasn't working for me but then I am not the most tech-savvy person. :confused3

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter