2013 honeymoon itinerary thoughts and suggestions???????

That sounds romantic!

BLUEZOO! It. Is. Fabulous.

Thanks Beka. I have changed up the honeymoon itinerary some to give us more rest and relaxation and to have more surprises for my fiance. I thought that the hammock after dinner at Kona would be very romantic to watch Wishes. Plus, the Spirit of Aloha gets mixed reviews and the food looked much better at Kona for dinner.

So sorry for such a late reply! School is trying to kill me in large and lethal doses lately...

I'm not going to necessarily comment on your itinerary or your plans. You have gotten more than enough input on that end. It looks like your changes are good, and you know what y'all both like. I'm jealous for some of your experiences... They sound like great fun!

When you go to Kona for breakfast, if you like coffee, don't miss out on their french press pot that they will bring to your table. It is fabulous and one of my wife's favorite memories(which we're recreating on our trip this year :D ).

I know you posted that y'all are pretty "go" people, but take the time to listen to her and ask her opinion if you should go "here" or "here" next. Make her feel like it is ok if she wants to ride Dumbo (didn't expect that one, but found out that it made her evening that I didn't tease her about it and totally went for it with her). We got great pics in the air kissing with the castle in the background and the sun setting. And see if she's tired. Once we came back to the Poly (love that place!!!) to change and grab some stuff, and when I came out of the bathroom, she was zonked, sprawled out on the bed fast asleep. I just grabbed my trusty UG and let her nap for about 45 minutes. She needed a recharge, and I hadn't realized how tired she was getting. But she knew I wouldn't freak out that we weren't getting somewhere or doing something. Use your honeymoon to set the tone for her to trust you and be comfortable with you.

It is awesome that you have been planning so hard, but when it comes down to it, hold those plans in an open palm. Magic comes in many forms and it may need a change of plans. ;)

Oh, btw, we loved the hammocks at the Poly. Great idea! I want a massage too! It's on our bucket list. When you go for the balloon flight (so cool!), we had the best caramel apple we've ever had over at the Candy Caldron there in DTD... Amazing. Saw you'll be in Epcot one morning... We loved the quiche at Boulangerie, especially since we got to sit in that little back alley in France in the sunshine...And the eclairs were delectable (I know, not a breakfast food, but it was vacation, so who cares?) It was very romantic and quiet. I don't know how much it has changed since it became Les Halles...

Hold her hand. Put your arms around her when you watch Illuminations. Kiss as much as you want-you've got a license for it! Wear your buttons (it made me feel silly at first, but it was totally worth it!). We were given bride and groom hats. They got even better responses than the buttons... Just sayin'... Share food on each other's plates if you're up for that sort of thing. We got to experience twice as much, and it made being "adventurous" less worrisome because we knew we had two possibilities to choose from-even switched plates a couple times...

And this is not for Disney, but magic nonetheless... Your wedding day is going to be absolutely crazy. It will be jam-packed with stuff to do, people to talk to, left-over details... In fact, most of it feels like a blur after it is all said and done. But when it comes down to it and she steps out to walk down that aisle, tune everything else out, clear your mind, and take a mental picture of her at that moment. Make sure you can see it clearly. You'll hold onto that for the rest of your life. There is nothing like that moment. Someday you'll hold your first baby and do the same thing, but they're gonna move out someday. Your wife is for a lifetime.

WDW is magical. The sights, the smells, walking onto Main Street the first time, the feeling around you. Take the time to enjoy it. Don't miss the CM's! They are amazing people and will be so excited for you two! Thank them for their help, their caring, and any pixie-dust that they may sprinkle your way. You're bringing a lot of magic with you. Be the couple that everyone is so glad that they bumped into and wishes well on their voyage in life.

Wow, that was a lot of nostalgic ramblings. I hope some of it helps, or at least is encouraging. I have no doubt that you both will have a wonderful time and will remember this forever. May the magic follow you wherever you go, in and out of the world, and God bless you both!

"Well, a fake reputation is all a man has." "Frying pans... Who knew, right?"

I am Flynn Rider that is an awesome response. Thanks and originally I was only agreeing to wear the groom hat one day. After reading you response; I will wear it as many days as my then wife wants to wear them. I also had her tell me what rides she wants to do; and planned on doing some of her favorites more than once.

We are going to get bride and groom hats. Thinking about getting them in the ears to bride and groom package from disneyflorist.com. If they will personalize them with our names at no extra charge. This package is $81. However, it comes with bride and groom mouse ears, bottle of sparkling fruit juice, and two Mickey Mouse etched champagne flutes. It also comes with a Mickey milk chocolate candy box. What do you think of this idea? pixiedust:

I have been looking at disneyflorist myself... Sounds very romantic and sweet... I may be doing something similar in the near future if I can swing it. :)

I Am Flynn Rider said:
So sorry for such a late reply! School is trying to kill me in large and lethal doses lately...

I'm not going to necessarily comment on your itinerary or your plans. You have gotten more than enough input on that end. It looks like your changes are good, and you know what y'all both like. I'm jealous for some of your experiences... They sound like great fun!

When you go to Kona for breakfast, if you like coffee, don't miss out on their french press pot that they will bring to your table. It is fabulous and one of my wife's favorite memories(which we're recreating on our trip this year :D ).

I know you posted that y'all are pretty "go" people, but take the time to listen to her and ask her opinion if you should go "here" or "here" next. Make her feel like it is ok if she wants to ride Dumbo (didn't expect that one, but found out that it made her evening that I didn't tease her about it and totally went for it with her). We got great pics in the air kissing with the castle in the background and the sun setting. And see if she's tired. Once we came back to the Poly (love that place!!!) to change and grab some stuff, and when I came out of the bathroom, she was zonked, sprawled out on the bed fast asleep. I just grabbed my trusty UG and let her nap for about 45 minutes. She needed a recharge, and I hadn't realized how tired she was getting. But she knew I wouldn't freak out that we weren't getting somewhere or doing something. Use your honeymoon to set the tone for her to trust you and be comfortable with you.

It is awesome that you have been planning so hard, but when it comes down to it, hold those plans in an open palm. Magic comes in many forms and it may need a change of plans. ;)

Oh, btw, we loved the hammocks at the Poly. Great idea! I want a massage too! It's on our bucket list. When you go for the balloon flight (so cool!), we had the best caramel apple we've ever had over at the Candy Caldron there in DTD... Amazing. Saw you'll be in Epcot one morning... We loved the quiche at Boulangerie, especially since we got to sit in that little back alley in France in the sunshine...And the eclairs were delectable (I know, not a breakfast food, but it was vacation, so who cares?) It was very romantic and quiet. I don't know how much it has changed since it became Les Halles...

Hold her hand. Put your arms around her when you watch Illuminations. Kiss as much as you want-you've got a license for it! Wear your buttons (it made me feel silly at first, but it was totally worth it!). We were given bride and groom hats. They got even better responses than the buttons... Just sayin'... Share food on each other's plates if you're up for that sort of thing. We got to experience twice as much, and it made being "adventurous" less worrisome because we knew we had two possibilities to choose from-even switched plates a couple times...

And this is not for Disney, but magic nonetheless... Your wedding day is going to be absolutely crazy. It will be jam-packed with stuff to do, people to talk to, left-over details... In fact, most of it feels like a blur after it is all said and done. But when it comes down to it and she steps out to walk down that aisle, tune everything else out, clear your mind, and take a mental picture of her at that moment. Make sure you can see it clearly. You'll hold onto that for the rest of your life. There is nothing like that moment. Someday you'll hold your first baby and do the same thing, but they're gonna move out someday. Your wife is for a lifetime.

WDW is magical. The sights, the smells, walking onto Main Street the first time, the feeling around you. Take the time to enjoy it. Don't miss the CM's! They are amazing people and will be so excited for you two! Thank them for their help, their caring, and any pixie-dust that they may sprinkle your way. You're bringing a lot of magic with you. Be the couple that everyone is so glad that they bumped into and wishes well on their voyage in life.

Wow, that was a lot of nostalgic ramblings. I hope some of it helps, or at least is encouraging. I have no doubt that you both will have a wonderful time and will remember this forever. May the magic follow you wherever you go, in and out of the world, and God bless you both!

Hands down best advice I've seen on these boards. So sweet.

Congrats on your upcoming marriage!!! Sounds like you got a very excellent vacation planned!! Thank you for sharing your post with me!

I Am Flynn Rider said:

Thanks for making me cry! Very nice, sweet, thoughtful advice - you should have your wife read if she hasn't already, it shows how much you love her!

Also, ditto the wedding day advice. I'd also repeat the best advice i was given, which was to share a quiet moment with my new hubby in a corner, just taking in all our family and friends there to support us. 8 years later, I can still feel the love in that room when I flash back to that moment we shared, holding hands Ina corner! Enjoy, best wishes to you both, and much love, trust and patience in the coming years! And it goes without saying, have so much fun in Disney!

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but look into the Tomorrowland Desert Buffet. You get an all you can eat desert buffet and it is so good. Then when you are done, you have vip seating for the electrical parade and wishes fireworks. They even have a photographer there. We did this for our anniversary and it was so fantastic!

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but look into the Tomorrowland Desert Buffet. You get an all you can eat desert buffet and it is so good. Then when you are done, you have vip seating for the electrical parade and wishes fireworks. They even have a photographer there. We did this for our anniversary and it was so fantastic!
We looked into it but just not our thing. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I'm here. I am so excited for you, it's getting close! You have lots planned. It all sounds so good. No one can make plans better for the 2 of you than the 2 of you. Since you asked here are a couple of my thoughts...

-You both are Foodies, so I know you know how to pace yourself with eating knowing the next adr is a few hours away, just remember the travel times between the restaurants can take up a lot of your time. You don't want to miss out on Disney, some of the rides like It's a Small World, in my opinion, can be romantic.

-You're staying CL, the breakfast offerings they have do great for "grab n go" or Breakfast in Bed. I would think about getting rid of some of your morning adrs and do some romantic breakfast in beds. You can definitely bring what you need back to the room. The balcony is really romantic in the morning.

-Artist Point is one we did on our honeymoon, it was romantic, the tables are spaced out for more privacy. I haven't been back in 10 yrs since DD, so I am not sure if the tables are still that way. We have done Le Cellier every trip. we love the food but this year it's just not worth 2 TS for us. We have done lunch and it has never not been busy. The tables are close and I don't know if you would really get any privacy there.

-The carriage ride in Fort Wilderness is great as a family so I would imagine very nice for a couple-maybe bring some sparkling beverage-not sure if you could do alcohol? The walk over on the trail over is nice too.

-The florist is amazing so whatever you get is going to be great. Since, you are staying CL, they should be able to get your surprise into the room before you get there, unless you get there too early, then it should be in sometime on your first day.

Hope that helps. You definitely have to post when you get back! Lots of Pixie Dust pixiedust:

Just checking back in it has been a while since I have been on the boards. Looks like you have gotten more awesome advice and I think the ear hats thing is a good idea if that is your thing. It is a pretty good price for what you get. I also think you have made some very good changes. It is getting close.

~Teresa

I'm here. I am so excited for you, it's getting close! You have lots planned. It all sounds so good. No one can make plans better for the 2 of you than the 2 of you. Since you asked here are a couple of my thoughts...

-You both are Foodies, so I know you know how to pace yourself with eating knowing the next adr is a few hours away, just remember the travel times between the restaurants can take up a lot of your time. You don't want to miss out on Disney, some of the rides like It's a Small World, in my opinion, can be romantic.

-You're staying CL, the breakfast offerings they have do great for "grab n go" or Breakfast in Bed. I would think about getting rid of some of your morning adrs and do some romantic breakfast in beds. You can definitely bring what you need back to the room. The balcony is really romantic in the morning.

-Artist Point is one we did on our honeymoon, it was romantic, the tables are spaced out for more privacy. I haven't been back in 10 yrs since DD, so I am not sure if the tables are still that way. We have done Le Cellier every trip. we love the food but this year it's just not worth 2 TS for us. We have done lunch and it has never not been busy. The tables are close and I don't know if you would really get any privacy there.

-The carriage ride in Fort Wilderness is great as a family so I would imagine very nice for a couple-maybe bring some sparkling beverage-not sure if you could do alcohol? The walk over on the trail over is nice too.

-The florist is amazing so whatever you get is going to be great. Since, you are staying CL, they should be able to get your surprise into the room before you get there, unless you get there too early, then it should be in sometime on your first day.

Hope that helps. You definitely have to post when you get back! Lots of Pixie Dust pixiedust:

Thanksfor responding marymac123. I did not know you could bring beverages on the carriage ride. We are doing ours from POR after dinner at Boatwright's. I will find out if you can bring alcoholic drinks on the carriage ride; that night be kind of nice. We are going to see about how to do breakfasts depending on how we feel while on our honeymoon. I checked with both CL and disneyflorist, and they said that disneyflorist can not deliver anything to the room until we are checked in. So, I am hopeful they deliver the bride and groom personalized ears before we go back to the room to get ready for dinner at Sanaa so my wife will be surprised be the ears to the bride and groom package.

You picked a great wedding date ;) We'll be celebrating one year on 6/2!

This all sounds great and like you've put a lot of thought into it! I couldn't imagine a better place for a honeymoon; we had the best time in December.

One of my favorite things we did was a couple's massage at Senses at GF. It just opened and was SO nice. The carriage ride is also a fantastic, romantic thing to do; it's how we spent our first night.

You probably already know this, but you'll be visiting during Star Wars Weekend if that happens to interest you. We'll be checking it out in May but I don't know if it's something we'd have done on our honeymoon.

I second the picture idea; Disney has a few really gorgeous "Just Married" souvenirs you should check out. We got a photo frame and Mr. and Mrs. coffee mugs.

Just above all, remember why you're there. Don't bicker and just enjoy being together. Congrats!

Congrats on the soon to be marriage.. :)

Your itinerary looks pretty good to me. My wife and I had our Disneymoon in June 2009 and had a wonderful time. We weren't nearly as organized as you are. Haha. We had ADR's to a few different places on the Deluxe dining plan. We did a few romantic dinners but also sprinkled in a few non-romantic dinners. The Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue was one of our favorites. We liked it better than the Spirit of Aloha. We have not eaten at Sanaa but it is on the agenda for our trip in November. Le Cellier was decent but I would do the Yachtsman for a good steak.

The only advice that I would give is make the most of it. You have most/all of the details planned out so make sure you relax and have fun. That's the whole point of a honeymoon (Disneymoon).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter