1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

2013 honeymoon itinerary thoughts and suggestions???????

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by disnmooner2013, Jan 3, 2013.

1. partigus

partigus Mouseketeer

a previous poster discussed "time to smell the roses"....Looking at your response...an hour per meal may not be realistic. We've often found that waiting for a table (w/ps) three courses...and then waiting for the check a TS meal can easily be 90 minutes, some, such as Sanaa always seem to run 2 hours!

I realize you guys are "foodies"...I can tel you the two trips we made on the deluxe DP (there ts meals per day) we were sick of food and were just going thru the steps!

I'd prioritize what venues are worth goig out of your way for, and what you might be willing to cancell last minute- just in case!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disnmooner2013

disnmooner2013 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the tip. We are not on the dining plan so do not have to get desert and/or appperizer with every meal; so that should help with "food fatigue" not occuring on our trip. I just double checked our personalized touring plans and we still will be okay to get everything done we want to and 90 minutes still will leave us enough time. Some of the table service meals I actually did plan 90 minutes and did not realize it :). The night we go to Sanaa we will not be in a rush. Even if dinner takes 2 hours, we still will have plenty of time afterwards to explore and shop at the boardwalk and/or Downtown Disney. How long usually does it take to eat lunch at Mama Melroses (our lunch ADR at 12:15 PM)?

4. CAStevens218

CAStevens218 DIS Veteran

I can't comment on the best steaks. The best one I've had at Disney World was Narcoosee's. It seems like you have put a lot of thought into this and I'm sure it will be an AMAZING trip! Again, congrats!!!!!!

5. disnmooner2013

Thanks so much CAStevens 218 for reading my itinerary and giving your suggestions.

6. disnmooner2013

I am more and more considering changing to Yachtsmans or Shulas from Le Cellier. Can you see Illuminations well from either Yachtsmans or Shulas? Which has faster service? Which is faster to get to from Epcot; and what is the best way to get to them? We are not on the dining plan.

7. NHKristy76

NHKristy76 Senior Mousketeer

Hi there!

I think your plans sound amazing! I will say, though, that I am totally overwhelmed just READING about your plans. I think that you might be trying to squeeze too much in. I know it's Disney but you have the rest of your lives to DO Disney in a commando mode.

Some our favorite memories at the WL during our honeymoon were made just sitting on our balcony, cuddling by the fireplace, and floating in the pool together! We splurged on breakfast in bed during our honeymoon too and that was fun.

Raise your hand and repeat after me: I pledge to focus more on connecting with my new spouse than worrying about getting in line for Dumbo. :)

I would TOTALLY recommend watching Wishes from the beach at the Poly. You'll get all of the beauty without the crowds. :love:

Massages at Sturdy Branches might be good but I'm thinking the spa at the GF might be more romantic!

Something new and memorable? Parasailing! Very romantic if you go up together. :love:

8. disnmooner2013

Thnks NHKristy76. I am not sure yet exactly which place to get the massages at yet. Since we will be at WL all day the day we get massages; I figured for convenience to get them at Sturdy Branches

9. julie4423

julie4423 Mouseketeer

I stayed for 10 nights on my honeymoon. We didn't really get sick of the food, but we were sick of the ADRs. We ended up cancelling a couple mid trip so we could just take some time to wing it and resort hop. Ended up getting into a couple restaurants by walking up. Just be careful that you don't overplan to the point that it stops being fun.

10. disnmooner2013

Thanks, we are foodies and like when we get the opportunity to splurge on fancier and more romantic places I hope we do not get sick of having to be at the ADRs at a certain time. If we do we could always cancel them (except V&A Chef's Table which is a must do). It is better to have the ADRs and cancel them then not have them, want them, and can not get them.

11. disnmooner2013

Thanks StitchesGr8Fan

12. aristocatz

aristocatz DIS Veteran

My responses are in red :)

Our favorite CS in Animal Kingdom is definitely Flametree BBQ-the food is really good and we found the seating to be quite romantic-really nice natural views.

I think you've got a great plan! My only other suggestion is be sure to take time to enjoy the Wilderness Lodge & also your Club Level experience. We took alot of afternoon breaks during our honeymoon-headed back to the resort to relax in our room, walk around the grounds, or sit in the lounge for a snack & a breather. We often stopped off in the lounge before heading out to dinner for some wine and an appetizer. Take it slow & take in the beauty of the Lodge. :lovestruc

Also, since you mentioned you are foodies, another great restaurant to keep in mind is Artist's Point at the WL. We went there for dinner the night after our wedding. It was so relaxing & food & wine were really excellent.

13. disnmooner2013

Thanks so much for response and great suggestions Aristocatz

14. 2012DisneyWorldBride

2012DisneyWorldBride <font color=royalblue>I was a Disney Bride on 12.8

Hope that helps... any more questions let me know :)

15. coup2516

coup2516 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

Shrimp tacos are amazing there.

16. coup2516

coup2516 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

Only going to answer your actual questions instead of breaking down the whole trip like most do.

17. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Hi there. Looks like you have received a lot of great feedback and advice for your plans. Personally, if you are still undecided about Le Cellier versus Yachtsman, I'd go with Yachtsman any day.

As for the short amount of time between some ADRs... not sure you would be able to squeeze in another meal but there is always the option of an appetizer or splitting a meal and still being able to try a new restaurant. If it is not a signature restaurant/character dining that requires a per person deposit you don't have anything to loose with having the ADR and cancelling if you don't need it.

Enjoy the planning! :)

18. disnmooner2013

Thanks Emmysmommy

19. disnmooner2013

We are planning on eating "lighter" at RFC Day 1 since lunch and dinner ADRs are so close together. I made an ADR at Yachtsman Steakhouse for our Epcot Day (6/6) for 6 PM. Now we need to decide whether to cancel Le Cellier (leaning towards canceling Le Cellier) or Yachtsman Steakhouse. The other advantage to Yachtsman is that the 6 PM ADR spreads out even more time between lunch and dinner. I originally thought though that an 11:30 AM lunch at Via Napoli and a 4:45 PM dinner at Le Cellier (5 hours between the two meals) would be enough time to make us hungry; plus since tables t Le Cellier are so close I figured with a 4:45 ADR that it would not be very crowded and maybe we could get a table with no one next to us.

20. BearcatsFan

BearcatsFan <font color=green>we finally had a minute to breat

:wave: Told ya I'd stop by, so here goes ...

I've looked over your itinerary, and you've received a lot of good comments. I agree with those who are saying some of your meals are planned very close together. It is a LOT of food at some of the places you have planned, portions at WDW are large in general. Keep in mind when you're eating at lunch that you have dinner in 4 hours and order accordingly.

I also personally would not recommend SoA dinner show. The show itself ... is just not good. It's very cheezy - think dumbed-down high school musical for little kids. There is a wonderful firedancer, but you suffer through a bad production for far too long before it gets to that part, and the food is unremarkable at best. Please go with BOG instead.

I can't comment on the Le Cellier/Yachtsman/Shula's plans. I do know my TA recommends Yachtsman highly, though we've never personally eaten there.

I completely agree with previous comments about leaving yourself some time to just BREATHE and be in the moment. :lovestruc I have a feeling this schedule you have planned, while wonderful on paper, will prove to be too much once you get there. Don't plan every minute out, leave some space in there to just be spontaneous.

As for additional romantic suggestions, I highly recommend using The Disney Florist to have something delivered to your room. I'm not sure if it was mentioned already or not. My husband purchased the "You and Me" bouquet for me on our last trip, and it was beautiful, very simple, two roses with a "Princess" charm. They lasted forever - I even brought them home and dried them to keep. :teeth:

ETA: We also took the carriage ride on our last trip. My husband had a special surprise to give me, a ring, which he gave to me during the carriage ride. SO romantic! Might be something else for you to consider, a special charm bracelet, necklace, etc. ::yes::

I wish you the very best, and early congratulations! I hope your Disneymoon is absolutely magical! pixiedust:

21. disnmooner2013

Thanks Bearcatsfan. I like the idea of giving some jewlery while on the carriage ride. That will make the ride even more romantic and unforgettable.