2013 honeymoon itinerary thoughts and suggestions???????

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by disnmooner2013, Jan 3, 2013.

1. BearcatsFan

BearcatsFan <font color=green>we finally had a minute to breat

It definitely made it more romantic and unforgettable for me, so I'm sure it would for your new bride as well. ::yes::

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DaisyluvzGoofy

DaisyluvzGoofy Earning My Ears

Hi Disnmooner! We were lucky to spend 10 amazing nights Honeymooning this past April and had a blast! We hit up many of the same restaurants as you are thinking of or have ADR's. (And are visiting again for our anniversary in a few weeks!)

It doesn't seem like the popular choice here but we found Shula's was our favorite! The dimly lit room, quiet, white glove service, amazing choices in filets, surf/turf and sides, not to mention their wine list and Key Lime Pie. YUM. Amazing. We've said we'll go back on major anniversaries but it was too good to do each time, and we wanted it to be our special place. :love:

There's also 20% off through this site: orlandoconventionaid.com

We also did Narccossee's on our last night. My husband surprised me with "Cinderella's Slipper". You can call the cake hotline at GF and request one. ($20 I think?) It was a great surprise and totally worth it! They only do this at I think three restaurants, CRT, Narccossee's and another I can't remember. Watching Wishes on the veranda with wine in hand was extremely romantic, and something i'll never forget. He had the filet and I had the Lobster and Mac (AMAZING). Wine and cheese flights also great if you're into that.

Epcot was our favorite park, we were lucky to be there during the Flower & Garden festival. Our third favorite reservation was at Coral Reef, we sat right by the fish tank and had awesome service, food and a great view! Fourth favorite reservation was Tepan Edo, but like someone else said, who you're with makes all the difference. We were with a bunch of other couples so there was much to chat about and the chef had fun with all of us! At the end of the night our server brought out a piece of their green tea cake and a little origami heart that read "Happilry Ever After". We have it framed on our wall now. :)

Le Cellier was also an great meal, but like others have said, not very romantic.

As for those buttons- if you have a spare wedding invitation send one to Mickey & Minnie and they'll send you buttons and a personalized well wishes photo of them in wedding attire. Awesome keepsake, AND you'll have your buttons before you go, saving time!!!

I think that's all I can remember for now, but if you have any other specific questions let me know!

4. disnmooner2013

disnmooner2013 DIS Veteran

Thanks DaisyluvzGoofy for the quick response. Your information is very helpful. I will check the orlandoconventionaid.com website for discounts.

5. tinkgurl

tinkgurl DIS Veteran

WL is so nice! We have only stayed in the villas part, but the whole resort is beautiful. Be sure to take the time to do the hidden Mickey hunt in the lobby and around the resort! Also, I'm not sure if they still do this, but check into being the "family of the day". You get to raise the flags at the resort!

Rainforest Cafe is nothing to write home about. I recommend checking out the Yak & Yeti menu. We love eating there.

Love both Roaring Forks and Mama Melrose. Good choices! And the carriage ride will be romantic.

Just a warning- the balloon does not always operate! So hope for good weather!

IMO, there are better places than the Crystal Palace to eat for breakfast. We like the GFC at the GF and I have heard great things about The Wave. Glad to see you'll be also doing Kona!

Those are tough choices for me..between BOG and the Luau. We love the Luau and do it almost every trip. But, I am a Beauty & the Beast fan, so I'm excited to try there. I think both would be good. If you do the Luau, you would already be at the Poly for Wishes on the beach! :thumbsup2

That sounds like a good resort day!

If you change to Y&Y TS your other AK day, then I recommend Flame Tree BBQ for your QS lunch the other day.

I haven't been to the others, but we really like Le Cellier!

6. disnmooner2013

Thanks Tinkgurl

7. ghtin

ghtin Earning My Ears

:happytv:Hi there,I saw you are an active member in this forum,we want to pay you to make a post (Either start a new thread or reply to threads )about our online electronics shopping website .To see details ,please check here:
    Thank you and have a good day!:cool1:

8. Beka

Beka Goes to 11

Less people, yes, but there's thunder every so often, so not as quiet as you'd think. But it's our favorite room to eat in there, our 4yo practically demands to eat in the "Beast room".

9. NikkiLovesWDW!

NikkiLovesWDW! "Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "S

:)

10. partigus

partigus Mouseketeer

one more thought...since it's just the two of you...why a pontoon boat and not simply one of the smaller, faster, cheaper mouse boats?

11. disnmooner2013

Partigus - There are three kinds of boats to take out at WL. The sea raycer can not fit two adults.

Both the pontoon and montauk boats are the same price ($45/30 min.).

12. tinkgurl

tinkgurl DIS Veteran

Hope I helped and gave you some ideas.

13. disnmooner2013

you did :)

14. partigus

partigus Mouseketeer

never realized that. ive taken my daughters out before and never thought about it

15. disnmooner2013

Can someone tell me where the rose garden is in Magic Kingdom? Also, where in France is the best spot to watch Illuminations?

16. Wills Mom

Wills Mom DIS Veteran

In MK walk toward the.castle and turn toward Tomorrowland. On the left you will see a path beside the Kodak picture spot. Thats the rose garden (DH proposed there in 2009!)

17. disnmooner2013

Thanks. I was trying to figure out how far it is from the Rose Garden to Crystal Palace. I want to get a picture of us in front of the Rose Garden before our 8:35 AM ADR.

18. Beka

Beka Goes to 11

You can't see Illuminations from Shula's, it's inside the Dolphin, and I don't recall there being windows. I had a lobster tail (yuck!) and DH had the big steak (48 oz?) which was really good. He ate all of it!

I honestly have preferred the restaurants at the Dolphin over some of the Disney restaurants. We ate at Blue Zoo which was fantastic! As was Il Mulino, if you want Italian. I highly recommend both!

19. disnmooner2013

Thanks Beka your suggestions are helpful.

20. disnmooner2013

Thank you to all who have so far left suggestions. I am taking into account how many of you said we need more time to relax and that on Monday our RFC and Sanaa ADRs are too close together:thumbsup2. I am updating my plan. I am canceling our 1:30 PM ADR at RFC on Monday and are not going to go to Animal Kingdom at all on Monday. We will get into Disney World in the late morning Monday. We will spend the afternoon relaxing and exploring Wilderness Lodge. We will still keep Sanaa dinner reservation. I have changed my Thursday dinner ADR from a 4:45 PM res at Le Cellier to a 6:00 PM res at Yachtsman Steakhouse. The tipping point was that at Le Cellier I was worried about the closeness of the tables. We are also no longer going to go to Blizzard Beach, and have changed Kona Cafe breakfast from Saturday to Sunday. Instead on Saturday, we are going to Animal Kingdom. I have made an 11:30 am ADR for lunch at Rain Forest Cafe. Saturday evening plans remain the same. Sunday we will sleep in and go to a late breakfast at 10:35 am at Kona Cafe. Then go back to the hotel and swim in the pool and relax :beach: until time to get ready for V&A Chef Table dinner. i have updated my original post with the changes that I have made. Please keep the helpful thoughts and suggestions coming.

21. disnmooner2013

:confused: Do you suggest either doing Bluezoo or Cape May Cafe? My fiance loves clams, mussels, crab legs, and lobster.