2013 Free Dining Watch

Just to verify, I priced a value and a moderate beginning on September 2 for six nights and it showed free dining for both.

The September 14-25 dates for mods and values on their site is wrong.

Hopefully they fix it soon.

Really? Thanks!!! I'll call back :thumbsup2

BF called this morning as soon as he got to work and added FD onto our existing WL reservation for 9/2 thru 9/8. He didn't mention anything about how long he had to wait to talk to a CM, but at least it's done :)

It's wrong. You can do the booking yourself online. That is around the time that the pricing "seasons" change, so my guess is that it was for the saving example in the ad. You most certainly can get FD for the first half of the month at all resort levels.

Thanks, can I also change a reservation online?

So if my package starts September 2nd is 3 days earlier calculated including September 2nd or without ? Can I pick up on August 30th ?

I have both reservations listed below each other in "my Disney Experience" - does that mean they are linked ??

Thanks!!

You should be able to pick them up on the 30th. You need to call later and make sure they are linked in the Disney reservations system by a CM and that they also add written notes about wanting a continuing reservation.

I don't understand I called back and spoke to a different CM and she said because our stay goes past the FD dining offer we don't qualify. What happened to check in before the 25th and your whole stay is included? I'm so so bummed.

She wrong! Call back!

After 50 minutes on hold, I was finally able to speak to an agent. We are staying at a value and FD in only from 9/14 to 9/25 for the values, so I was only able to get a 20% room discount.. oh well, it's better than nothing ;)

I'm just happy we are going to Disney :cool1:

GL to everyone calling. Be patient it takes a long time to get through.

That is incorrect!!!!! It is September 2-25 for all levels of resort. Call back!

Can't believe the misinformation being given out today!

I booked our trip 2 days ago for all star music. The CM told me that I could call back today and add the free dining. I had my mom call at 7 am because I was getting the kids ready for school. By 8:30 she was still on hold and had to get ready for work and had to hang up :(
So I called them back and have been on hold an hour now.
:sad:
Does the free dining sell out? Should I just relax with my phone on speaker?
do I have to call a different number to book dining or can they do that too?
Thanks for the help! We havent stayed on property since 96!! So this is stressing me out LOL

Hour or 2 wait is normal.

I booked our trip 2 days ago for all star music. The CM told me that I could call back today and add the free dining. I had my mom call at 7 am because I was getting the kids ready for school. By 8:30 she was still on hold and had to get ready for work and had to hang up :(
So I called them back and have been on hold an hour now.
:sad:
Does the free dining sell out? Should I just relax with my phone on speaker?
do I have to call a different number to book dining or can they do that too?
Thanks for the help! We havent stayed on property since 96!! So this is stressing me out LOL

I was on hold for an hour this morning too. I got my sons phone and called again. I just kept saying "agent" and it put me through to someone w/in 3 minutes. Good luck!:flower3:

I just saw that the website said the 14-25th for moderates and values as well.. I booked free dining this am at POR Sept 8-16th... received confirmation email that I was paid in full... they wouldn't take it away, would they??? Now I'm panicked.. :(

Website has a typo!!!

this is nervewracking.. its 30 minutes so far, maybe i should take the phone in the shower with me. I have to go to work in a few hours and have other things to do. yikes! everyone saying on hold for an hour , im just happy they released FD now if only I get my Pop room ill feel much better.

Hour or 2 wait is normal.

Thank you! Not 30 seconds after i hit send they picked up.
We had our 2 rooms and quick service dining booked already for 9/25-10/1
I told her I wanted to take advantage of the free quick service and also upgrade. She told me that I didnt qualify because FD was from 9/2-9/25.
I said that I read that as long as my check in is by the 25th we would still qualify for the length of our stay. She then came back with a quote and gave it to me!!

this is nervewracking.. its 30 minutes so far, maybe i should take the phone in the shower with me. I have to go to work in a few hours and have other things to do. yikes! everyone saying on hold for an hour , im just happy they released FD now if only I get my Pop room ill feel much better.

LOL I actually woke my DS7 up at 6:30am this morning so he could man the phone while I took a shower! Good luck! pixiedust:

Thank you! Not 30 seconds after i hit send they picked up.
We had our 2 rooms and quick service dining booked already for 9/25-10/1
I told her I wanted to take advantage of the free quick service and also upgrade. She told me that I didnt qualify because FD was from 9/2-9/25.
I said that I read that as long as my check in is by the 25th we would still qualify for the length of our stay. She then came back with a quote and gave it to me!!

It's amazing some CMs aren't trained better. Glad you got it!

Is it bad when I have to get on a chat with Disney and let THEM know their dates are wrong? :rotfl2:

I dialed in right at the 7am and was on hold for 30 minutes before being hung up on. After calling back 10-12 times and getting the all lines are busy I finally got back through. I spent an hour and 35 minutes on hold and FINALLY got someone. FD is booked so I guess it is a lot like childbirth... during you scream NEVER AGAIN and after it was all worth it;) Just excited I got the free dining and we are ready to go! No more waiting and wondering!!:cool1: Bring on the trip!

Is it bad when I have to get on a chat with Disney and let THEM know their dates are wrong? :rotfl2:

As I said earlier in the thread, the pricing seasons change for those dates. I think it just says that because of the savings example listed in the ad.

LOL I actually woke my DS7 up at 6:30am this morning so he could man the phone while I took a shower! Good luck! pixiedust:

LOL I took a bath and left my cell on speaker phone while I washed:) How sad are we all!?? Totally worth it though!! My husband thinks I am a freak of Disney nature... he gives me grief daily because I have been so worried about the free dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter