2013 Free Dining Watch

Warning about this, they will also charge you for an adult park ticket which upped out price $200 so we didn't do it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The $40 difference is the ticket upgrade, I think, though that seems high. When we upgraded DD last year during free dining, the ticket increase from child to adult was $19.17 for a 9 day hopper. It was more than worth it. Why would it have cost you $200? That doesn't look right to me. :confused:

The $40 difference is the ticket upgrade, I think, though that seems high. When we upgraded DD last year during free dining, the ticket increase from child to adult was $19.17 for a 9 day hopper. It was more than worth it. Why would it have cost you $200? That doesn't look right to me. :confused:

It is only a $20 difference from a child to an adult ticket. It is definitely a good deal if you are getting free dining....Not so much if you are paying for dining, way to expensive, lol. I really hope that they keep up with there historic discounts and offer something for July!

Thanks for this I will call to upgrade my free dining for my daughter. She, is 8 now but will be 9 at time of travel! *Edited to add that the upgrade did only cost around $20 dollars for the week for my daughter!* She is going to be so happy!:goodvibes

So the person, who said it added another $200 call back.

Joining in - hoping for free dining in the fall. Trying to plan a trip for the last week of August, but if there is no free dining (or another discount similar), I don't think we will be able to do it. Keeping my fingers crossed! :goodvibes

Joining in - hoping for free dining in the fall. Trying to plan a trip for the last week of August, but if there is no free dining (or another discount similar), I don't think we will be able to do it. Keeping my fingers crossed! :goodvibes

Us too! We could do the trip without FD but not sure we want to. We have stayed off site the last two trips. They were fun but we were looking forward to a total immersion Disney trip. We would probably skip this year if there was no FD. :worried:

Free dining for September would be so nice!! I'm just so worried that SPD is going to become the free dining replacement...hopefully not...only Disney knows I guess...

faindrops27 said:
Thanks for this I will call to upgrade my free dining for my daughter. She, is 8 now but will be 9 at time of travel! *Edited to add that the upgrade did only cost around $20 dollars for the week for my daughter!* She is going to be so happy!:goodvibes

So the person, who said it added another $200 call back.

What resorts are you all staying at? I had my ta call again for us and its $120 difference for 8 days non park hopper tickets from child to adult.

What resorts are you all staying at? I had my ta call again for us and its $120 difference for 8 days non park hopper tickets from child to adult.

Do you have free dining or are you paying for the dining plan? If free, are you upgrading to a different plan? There is no way that the ticket difference is $120. Something else must be making the cost that high.

ok, i might have figured it out. the ticket price difference is only $20. BUT we are staying at POP with free QS dining, and upgrading to DDP. So I think the extra cost is the difference between adult QS and adult DDP. Does that seem more accurate? plus of course the $20/park ticket change, so I guess the dining upgrade for an adult would be $100/7 nights?

ok, i might have figured it out. the ticket price difference is only $20. BUT we are staying at POP with free QS dining, and upgrading to DDP. So I think the extra cost is the difference between adult QS and adult DDP. Does that seem more accurate? plus of course the $20/park ticket change, so I guess the dining upgrade for an adult would be $100/7 nights?

Yes, that is why the difference is so high. If you have a big eater, though, it may still be worth the price to upgrade.

We are booked but hoping for free dinning as well. What is the spd that you are talking about? We have 7 of us going. 3 adults, a 5yo, 10yo, 11yo and 13yo...so free dining would be a real savings

feet1 said:
We are booked but hoping for free dinning as well. What is the spd that you are talking about? We have 7 of us going. 3 adults, a 5yo, 10yo, 11yo and 13yo...so free dining would be a real savings

SPD is the current stay, play, dine deal that is a discount on all three elements (room, tickets, dining plan). On my friend's package it was a descent discount but not as big as free dining from her calculations.
We're hitting Disney this September and while I will happily take any discount, I would be thrilled to see free dining.

seasidespences said:
SPD is the current stay, play, dine deal that is a discount on all three elements (room, tickets, dining plan). On my friend's package it was a descent discount but not as big as free dining from her calculations.
We're hitting Disney this September and while I will happily take any discount, I would be thrilled to see free dining.

We at taking advantage of SPD and check in 2 weeks from now. We had originally booked prior to discounts with POR and park hopper tickets, no dining plan. When we added the visa SPD deal price changed by almost $200 and we had to upgrade to garden view. So if we take out the price for the view we paid $130 for dining 6n/7d 2 adults 1 child 1 infant. Great deal if you as me.

We are staying at POR in September for the first time. Ive been to Pop and love it, but I also loved CSR. We really wanted to stay in the new animation little mermaid but they said they did not offer the free dining there?::confused3 Oh well, I am sure we will love POR.

As for the difference in the upgrade it is definitely going up from QSD to DDP. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy your trip!:goodvibes

We are staying at POR in September for the first time. Ive been to Pop and love it, but I also loved CSR. We really wanted to stay in the new animation little mermaid but they said they did not offer the free dining there?::confused3 Oh well, I am sure we will love POR.

As for the difference in the upgrade it is definitely going up from QSD to DDP. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy your trip!:goodvibes

Yes. Little Mermaid rooms have been excluded from all discounts thus far.

To those who are going regardless of whether Disney offers FD, you may not care as much about this post. But just a friendly reminder to the folks who are already booked but still hoping for FD (and to avoid confusion or disappointment):

Assuming Disney offers a FD promo this year, being booked DOES NOT guarantee you free dining during the time and location of your stay.

Even if you'd qualify during the time of your stay, CMs essentially cancel your current ressies and re-schedule you for the FD promo. It is very possible that you may have to switch to a different resort altogether for the FD.

I have heard of some reservations being canceled and rebooked. However this was not my experience. I ask the CM prior to adding the discount code if that was needed and was told no. When all changes were made my conformation number was the same.

To those who are going regardless of whether Disney offers FD, you may not care as much about this post. But just a friendly reminder to the folks who are already booked but still hoping for FD (and to avoid confusion or disappointment):

Assuming Disney offers a FD promo this year, being booked DOES NOT guarantee you free dining during the time and location of your stay.

Even if you'd qualify during the time of your stay, CMs essentially cancel your current ressies and re-schedule you for the FD promo. It is very possible that you may have to switch to a different resort altogether for the FD.

That's inaccurate.

If you have a room only reservation, yes, Disney would cancel and rebook you.

If you already have a package booked with dining or even just tickets and no dining, they can simply add the promo onto your current reservation. It does not guarantee that you won't have to switch room types/resorts... but they don't have to cancel and rebook your whole reservation.

You can't turn a room only into a package and you can not turn a package into a room only.

We booked through AAA and our travel agent said we may have to switch resorts if FD does come out. We are currently booked at POFQ and she said that historically they dont get FD there so we may have to switch to POR. We are ok with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter