2013 Free Dining Watch

...If you already have a package booked with dining or even just tickets and no dining, they can simply add the promo onto your current reservation...

I'm afraid that is untrue. For example, let's say you have booked a s/p/d package, then FD is released, and the time during your stay qualifies.

There are a set number of blocks of rooms at select resorts that Disney deems qualify for FD. Once that block is filled, the game is over. Under your theory, a guest would not need to worry about that block filling up if Disney merely needed to add the promo to your account. In reality, they have to cancel the reservation and place you in an open "block" of FD promo-qualifying spaces.

feet1 said:
we booked through aaa and our travel agent said we may have to switch resorts if fd does come out. We are currently booked at pofq and she said that historically they dont get fd there so we may have to switch to por. We are ok with that.

i love por!

I'm afraid that is untrue. For example, let's say you have booked a s/p/d package, then FD is released, and the time during your stay qualifies.

There are a set number of blocks of rooms at select resorts that Disney deems qualify for FD. Once that block is filled, the game is over. Under your theory, a guest would not need to worry about that block filling up if Disney merely needed to add the promo to your account. In reality, they have to cancel the reservation and place you in an open "block" of FD promo-qualifying spaces.

Not sure why you chose to only quote a fraction of what aaarcher86 posted, but her entire post IS correct. If you are booked with a package, they do not have to cancel your package to add free dining. They can simply modify it, even if it requires the changing of your resort in order to get the discount. There is still no guarantee that you can get it, but nothing has to be canceled in order to take advantage of the deal (provided you are booked with a package to begin with).

We went last year, March 3 to 11. I booked a package room and tickets directly on Disney's website (ASMu). I was (still am) a rookie and had no idea of FD. Then a nice lady here at DIS told me that FD was available for those dates. I called and asked the CM if it was possible to add it to my reservation and she did. No changes, no hassle.

We are planning to go early September this year. Does anyone know what were the blackout dates for Sept. '12? (Just to have an idea). DD may have school break starting 9/2 but that's Labor Day. Is that a busy week/weekend? Has those been (historically) blackout dates?

TIA!

We booked through AAA and our travel agent said we may have to switch resorts if FD does come out. We are currently booked at POFQ and she said that historically they dont get FD there so we may have to switch to POR. We are ok with that.

You may be in luck! We stayed at POFQ in 2011 and got free dining (It was an end of Feb/early March trip). Good luck and have a fantastic time!

You may be in luck! We stayed at POFQ in 2011 and got free dining (It was an end of Feb/early March trip). Good luck and have a fantastic time!

This is awesome news! We stayed in POFQ in 2006 and loved it! I like that it is smaller than the other moderates...I'm afraid if we stay at POR we will be so far away and the walk to get coffee in the morning will seem like the longest walk ever...

We too had free dining at POFQ. I think being they are the smallest moderate they offer less rooms with the discounts, but they definately do offer them or have in the past anyway.

We went last year, March 3 to 11. I booked a package room and tickets directly on Disney's website (ASMu). I was (still am) a rookie and had no idea of FD. Then a nice lady here at DIS told me that FD was available for those dates. I called and asked the CM if it was possible to add it to my reservation and she did. No changes, no hassle.

We are planning to go early September this year. Does anyone know what were the blackout dates for Sept. '12? (Just to have an idea). DD may have school break starting 9/2 but that's Labor Day. Is that a busy week/weekend? Has those been (historically) blackout dates?

TIA!

There were no black out dates at all. But there was some resort with little to no availability in certain room catagories.

We booked through AAA and our travel agent said we may have to switch resorts if FD does come out. We are currently booked at POFQ and she said that historically they dont get FD there so we may have to switch to POR. We are ok with that.

Were coming from the uk staying POFQ in September after schools go back there and here but with free qsdp ( upgraded to Dp ) and i booked 2012 Easter time

But swings and roundabouts coming from uk.We don't tend to get any of the room discounts that you can get

Bb offer ran a week earlier than the GP offer last year. I was able to get Bb for this year and it ran a week earlier than the FD offer that was out. The start dates for the Bb offer this year was 8/18.

We took advantage of Bb and are going end of September!
I was told that the particular BB starts at aug 18 till sept 28

We are planning our Disney honeymoon at the beginning of Sept...:) Any kind of promotion would be nice, but I'm crossing my fingers for FD. We want to get FD and upgrade to deluxe dining in a moderate resort.

We are planning our Disney honeymoon at the beginning of Sept...:) Any kind of promotion would be nice, but I'm crossing my fingers for FD. We want to get FD and upgrade to deluxe dining in a moderate resort.

there needs to be a like button like there is on facebook...I'd click like to this.
How fun planning a wedding AND a Disney Honeymoon!!!! Congratulations!

there needs to be a like button like there is on facebook...I'd click like to this.
I agree 100% I wish I could "like" many of the posts here at DIS.

We took advantage of Bb and are going end of September!
I was told that the particular BB starts at aug 18 till sept 28

So, what bb offer did you take advantage of? We will be there the end of Sept as well!:thumbsup2

Thanks! The planning process for both has been a little crazy. But the good kind of crazy! :goodvibes

I also agree that there should be a like button! I've been lurking these boards for years, but I'm not much of a talker... How I wish I could just "like" posts! :)

Anxiously awaiting fall promo announcements. If they do Free Dining in Sept or Oct than we are staying at CBR, first time in a moderate. If they don't offer anything as good as FD, than it is the Pop for us. I REALLY want to upgrade to CBR lol!

I havent read through this thread entirely... but usually free dining for the fall is announced in march/april. hope so

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter