2013 Free Dining Watch

Thanks! This is reassuring since I had heard that the UK deal that was announced earlier was just for Quick Service at all levels.

Had to double check there! was panicking!:eek: but it definitely says "dining plan" whereas the mods say free quick (counter) service dining plan phheewww!! x

Had to double check there! was panicking!:eek: but it definitely says "dining plan" whereas the mods say free quick (counter) service dining plan phheewww!! x

I was just taking a look at your offer on the international site. That is a great deal. If I could, I would snap it up in a minute. Unfortunately, though, Disney doesnt consider Canada to be international. I think it is time that someone gives them a lesson on geography. ;)

The U.K. free dining offers don't ever reflect what U.S. free dining offers are going to be. WDW does not really offer free dining in April, May, June or July to the general public. There have been free dining pin codes for those dates, but not general public offers.

I was just taking a look at your offer on the international site. That is a great deal. If I could, I would snap it up in a minute. Unfortunately, though, Disney doesnt consider Canada to be international. I think it is time that someone gives them a lesson on geography. ;)

I believe it is UK only offer. I live in Brazil and don't see this offer. (the Brazilian Disney site mentions the exact same offer as the regular US-based WDW site) :guilty:

Actually I was reading the UK offer and it isn't the same as the US one. For people staying at the Deluxe resorts nothing changes, but Value resorts don't get the offer and moderate resorts get only Quick Service DP.

My flights are already booked (we noticed the airline was running out of the cheapest fares so we had to complete our reservation) and we're just waiting for FD to book POP! I really hope the regular offer shows up soon and with Free Dining Plan included for Value Resorts!

I reallllllllllllllly hope they release the same dates for general public. I'm planning a F&W trip next year at the end of October/beginning of November. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for free dining so I can upgrade to Deluxe Dining. I've never had a trip with free dining, so I hope this one is the firsttt :)

AngieMouse86 said:
I'd also like to know! Planning a trip at the end of April '13 and didn't think FD was generally offered around that time but would love if I could get that for our trip!

I booked in May ( uk resident) from the 7th till the 21st April at PORS and have free dining, plus 14 days park tickets for the price of 7.

I'm in South Africa and we are also not considered international. How that is possible I have no idea! Waiting for free dining for January. Here's hoping.

I'm in South Africa and we are also not considered international. How that is possible I have no idea! Waiting for free dining for January. Here's hoping.

As I mentioned, this isn't an international offer, it is just for UK citizens. Everyone else needs to use the regular free dining offers that I'm going crazy of waiting! :crazy:

As I mentioned, this isn't an international offer, it is just for UK citizens. Everyone else needs to use the regular free dining offers that I'm going crazy of waiting! :crazy:

The UK offer is under this Disney web site...
http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/Special-Offers.asp
which is leading to the discussion about why Disney only considers the UK as an international destination. No one is confused about who the offer is for.

I had read somewhere recently that UK visitor numbers were down for last year, so that's probably why the push with FD. Also, the FD seems to be limited to mods and deluxe, with mods getting QS only. If you look at how much UK citizens have to pay (with the exchange rate) and the flight, it's a good deal for them, but not if you live in the US. I actually had to calculate the prices (my sister lives in UK) and still worked out too expensive for her and her kids. :wizard:

fellow Reginan here, tend to agree, give us the offer!

The UK offer is under this Disney web site...
http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/Special-Offers.asp
which is leading to the discussion about why Disney only considers the UK as an international destination. No one is confused about who the offer is for.

Lots of guests visit from the UK.

When the UK guests come, they generally stay 2 to 3 weeks. Disney wants them staying at Disney and eating at Disney for the entire time they're in Orlando. No sense having them run off to Universal or Sea World for longer than a day here and there.

So they get deals on room/dining packages and on park tickets that other countries don't get.

Disney may also be bringing out various offers to other countries whose guests are a sought-after demographic (like Brazil). Disney certainly knows where its guests are most likely to come from, how much they are likely to spend and how long they would be likely to stay, and what to offer them to get them to maximize their time at WDW.

The usual UK free dining offer is quick service at moderates, regular dining at deluxes, no free dining at values.

Disney may also be bringing out various offers to other countries whose guests are a sought-after demographic (like Brazil). Disney certainly knows where its guests are most likely to come from, how much they are likely to spend and how long they would be likely to stay, and what to offer them to get them to maximize their time at WDW.

I wish they really post the offer for the rest of us as it will determine the length of our stay onsite. We'll be in orlando for 16 nights (the first being sleep only as we arrive in the evening) and we're planning on staying the first 2 nights off-site and then transfer for 14 nights (max single package) at Pop Century if there is Free Dining.

If there is no free dining offer to value resorts, due to our budget, we'll stay offsite for 7-8 nights and at Pop for 8-9 nights. We're already spending a lot on plane tickets and park tickets so its best to reduce a bit of hotel costs (the split stay) or food costs (free dining).

There are large numbers of australians that fly 14 + hours to get to the east coast then wait afew hours in layover and then fly 5+ hours lax to mco. Most of my friends spend on average 2 weeks at wdw as a ~24 hour transit time is a big ask to get from australia to wdw and back again. We see some disney advertising here but no deals or special offers. We tend to stay onsite and most of us use the dining plan regardless of whether it is free or not... I would love to see some deals for aussie and nz customers but i doubt they consider us a valid market...

It's the same with us in Africa. If we get on that 15 hour flight to the US, I promise you we are staying at LEAST 14 days. It makes no sense why only Europeans are treated to the specials on the international site. I know for a fact that flights from Africa to the US cost more than flights from Europe to the US. It is a heck of an investment for us to come to Florida. It would be nice if Disney could offer all their international guests similar deals.

We've decided to postpone our Feb. trip till late Sept. Hoping FD continues to be a done deal for that time of year!

DISers on the Codes and Rates board are reporting that a Free Dining Bounceback offer started appearing in the resort rooms last Thursday - the dates available are August 18 to September 28, 2013.

Notice that the BB dates are usually different from the GP dates however. Last year the FD BB dates were 8/17-9/27/12 but the GP FD offer was 8/25-9/29/12, so it looks like the BB people get an earlier start. Need to keep that in mind when booking ahead and then hoping for FD :)

There are large numbers of australians that fly 14 + hours to get to the east coast then wait afew hours in layover and then fly 5+ hours lax to mco. Most of my friends spend on average 2 weeks at wdw as a ~24 hour transit time is a big ask to get from australia to wdw and back again. We see some disney advertising here but no deals or special offers. We tend to stay onsite and most of us use the dining plan regardless of whether it is free or not... I would love to see some deals for aussie and nz customers but i doubt they consider us a valid market...

It's crazy -coming from NZ/Aust we can't buy a ticket to go to WDW for as long as we would like (14 days) - yet we can get a 14 day pass to DL, which is so much smaller??!!- makes no sense!
It's a 20,000 mile round trip and we will have to make do with a 10 day pass - (upgrading to an AP also makes no sense!):confused3
Oh well, Disney's loss is Universal's gain...we will be spending our exta Florida days there instead...
And don't even get me started on the UK-only packages....:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter