2013 dates

I wish we just had a date! If I just knew when I was going to be able to book, I would be much more content!

I wish we just had a date! If I just knew when I was going to be able to book, I would be much more content!

I agree. I feel like I am constantly checking the boards for fear I will miss something.

I am SOOOO ready to join a meet group!!! I REALLY wish they would post these darn dates!!!

OK, Vent over!!

I'm ready too!

When the dates come out, how long do we have to decide before the prices go up? We are trying to book a cruise with my in laws but I know they are going to give me major grief booking two years in advance. It will probably take me a while to get them on board.

We have three kids so they said they would enjoy going with us and would keep our oldest in their room and we would just pay for her portion of the cruise. But, let's say they back out at the last minute - I assume we can't go either since we won't have space for my oldest without them being there. We went to Disney with them last year and we basically had to say we're making plans, either join us or don't but we're booking now. It was 4 months before we were planning to leave. I assume we would save money not having to book two cabins (having them keep dd in theirs) right?

Well, it's another day folks and we are still waiting for those dates. Maybe I'm just too anxious, but I wish they would tell us.

I'm ready too!

When the dates come out, how long do we have to decide before the prices go up? We are trying to book a cruise with my in laws but I know they are going to give me major grief booking two years in advance. It will probably take me a while to get them on board.

We have three kids so they said they would enjoy going with us and would keep our oldest in their room and we would just pay for her portion of the cruise. But, let's say they back out at the last minute - I assume we can't go either since we won't have space for my oldest without them being there. We went to Disney with them last year and we basically had to say we're making plans, either join us or don't but we're booking now. It was 4 months before we were planning to leave. I assume we would save money not having to book two cabins (having them keep dd in theirs) right?

We have three kids, too and I prefer to have them all with me - there is plenty of room. Book an oceanview family deluxe cabin and there's room for five if your inlaws back out....then you can still go without having to deal with their issues.:rolleyes1

I'm ready too!

You could always book DD with you and if your inlaws decide to sail either switch her over to their ressie or just change the sleeping arrangements while onboard. The only problem with switching her over to their ressie is that by the time they decide to book there may not be enough room at their muster station or enough room at whichever kid's club for her age group. I would just book the 5 of you in 1 room for now & if the inlaws decide to come make changes then.

You could always book DD with you and if your inlaws decide to sail either switch her over to their ressie or just change the sleeping arrangements while onboard. The only problem with switching her over to their ressie is that by the time they decide to book there may not be enough room at their muster station or enough room at whichever kid's club for her age group. I would just book the 5 of you in 1 room for now & if the inlaws decide to come make changes then.

I agree-we did this last summer- we switched one person from one room to another at port - not a problem.

book extra unnamed passengers and then take them off before the penalty if there is no baby.

Not sure you are allowed to book without providing names and birthdates anymore :confused3

As for 2013 Fantasy -- I saw an email from a TA today that the Fantasy itineraries are going to stay the same as they are for 2012.

Not sure you are allowed to book without providing names and birthdates anymore :confused3

As for 2013 Fantasy -- I saw an email from a TA today that the Fantasy itineraries are going to stay the same as they are for 2012.

now if we only had dates and prices so we could plan and get on with our lives...:banana:

now if we only had dates and prices so we could plan and get on with our lives...:banana:

It is hard to believe that they haven't even announced at least January through April of 2013 like so many other cruise lines have online now! :sad2:

We haven't cruised yet, but want to try one in 2013. I am just wondering how much you truly save by booking early. Is it a matter of a couple hundred dollars, or is it significantly more? We would be 2A 2C (12 and 10 at the time of the cruise), and going for the cheapest stateroom, probably on the Fantasy, in June or July. It seems like I keep getting told to book early, but if I have to put down a huge chunk of change to book something that I'm only actually saving $100-200 on by booking early, I'd rather hold onto my money and book closer to a year out. Any suggestions? :confused3

We haven't cruised yet, but want to try one in 2013. I am just wondering how much you truly save by booking early. Is it a matter of a couple hundred dollars, or is it significantly more? We would be 2A 2C (12 and 10 at the time of the cruise), and going for the cheapest stateroom, probably on the Fantasy, in June or July. It seems like I keep getting told to book early, but if I have to put down a huge chunk of change to book something that I'm only actually saving $100-200 on by booking early, I'd rather hold onto my money and book closer to a year out. Any suggestions? :confused3

We are going on the Fantasy next June. We booked as soon as they opened the itinerary. If we booked today, it would be twice what we are paying.

There's no rhyme or reason to the price increases. It all depends on how quickly the sailings fill up. If it's a really popular cruise then the price could increase within hours. Or if it's off season it may not move for a long time. I booked my 8/25/2012 NYC cruise on opening day (4/8) & it has gone up about $600 since then. In contrast my Dream cruise went up almost $2000 in a matter of weeks. Since you can't predict how prices will increase that's why there's the rush to book on opening day.

It is a matter of thousands, not hundreds depending on the ship and the itinerary. For sure the new ships will sell quickly.

For example....we booked the Fantasy for June 30, 2012 when booking first opened last year in November. Our 9A cabin was priced at $2900.00 for 2 Adults and now the same cabin is going for close to $5,000.00.

MJ

Subscribing in hopes someone will post in this thread when the new dates are finally released!! popcorn::

Thank you everyone who replied to my question. I can see why it will make sense to book right away. What is the current deposit per passenger to book a cruise. We were supposed to take a 4 day in 2008 and back then I remember it being $200/passenger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter