• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 dates

This year the Magic is doing a 7 night Western Caribbean sailing November 12, 2011, that has a double dip at Castaway Cay instead of visiting Key West.

It's Magic Itinerary B on this page:
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/c...itineraries/7-night-western-caribbean-cruise/

I keep hearing rumors of 8-night itineraries - a few sailings at least - that will sail from Galveston and make a stop at CC and a stop at Port Canaveral to allow for a day at WDW. That is my dream itinerary... Leave from less than 30minutes away, and take my favorite ship in the world to 2 of my favorite places in the world. :love: Sooooo hoping that rumor comes true, and also that the Magic really does stay longer than the end of 2012! DS and I are hoping for February 2013.

They are doing an 8-night over next Christmas from Galveston, just that one sailing, but no CC in there. But they go to Key West!! :sad2: Key West is such an incredible waste of a sea day to me anyway, and to go all the way there instead of stopping at CC is just so wrong.

I just want to know where they will all be in the summer. I'm a little surprised we don't have more of an idea of a real release date yet. I'm dying to nail down the details of my first cruise!

I'm one of the oddballs that wants the Magic to return to NYC for the summer of 2013. I love the convenience of not having to fly anywhere. Plus it will be my only chance to get my mom on DCL since she doesn't want to get on a plane...here's hoping! :surfweb:

The last date I see the Magic in Grand Cayman is Tuesday May 14, 2013 before it returns in the fall...here's hoping it goes to Europe for the summer of 2013!

That sounds like there might be another EB Transatlantic in my future! LOL. And here's hoping for a B2B with the Greek Islands.

That sounds like there might be another EB Transatlantic in my future! LOL. And here's hoping for a B2B with the Greek Islands.

That is the EXACT itinerary DH and I are hoping for! I just hope if there is going to be an Eastern/Western Med itinerary, they do Eastern first! 20+ days on the ship and then a few days in Rome post-cruise... come on Disney!

That is the EXACT itinerary DH and I are hoping for! I just hope if there is going to be an Eastern/Western Med itinerary, they do Eastern first! 20+ days on the ship and then a few days in Rome post-cruise... come on Disney!

Oh, wouldn't it be loverly? :cloud9:

Oh, wouldn't it be loverly? :cloud9:

Last summer we managed 19 nights due to some great cat 12 rates being released and we did the 8 night Dover to Barcelona plus an 11 night Med cruise. It was amazing but thoroughly spoilt me. I am looking forward to our NYC cruise to Canada but 5 nights is going to seem WAY too short now!

Mel
x

Hi Tammy! How are the kids? We are looking for another TA too.

Us too! That is what we are HOPING for!!!

The last date I see the Magic in Grand Cayman is Tuesday May 14, 2013 before it returns in the fall...here's hoping it goes to Europe for the summer of 2013!

How do you know that it will be there in May? Usually TA's are in March or April.:confused3

Such anticipation!

We can't decide whether we'll want a 7 day on the Fantasy or hoping for longer cruises out of NYC to Canada. After this last cruise in August on the Dream we decided we much prefer cruises that are longer than 5 days. Would love to do the med. but airfare for 4 of us is a bit steep.

Must be getting closer to the big announcement- this thread is holding the top stop lately :) Here's hoping for ANY cruise that is a good enough deal to convince DH we should go again less than a year after our 1st!!!

I just rebooked on the Dream this past weekend and was told by the future cruise desk agent that 2013 should be coming out in "a few weeks".

I don't know if that can be of any help, but we were on the September 24th sailing and I heard a few castmembers talking with some guests about where the Magic was heading after next year and all of them said it would go back in Europe, with the Wonder staying on the west coast and the Dream and the Fantasy staying in Port Canaveral for the Bahamas and the Caribbean.

I don't know if that's true or not...

I don't know if that can be of any help, but we were on the September 24th sailing and I heard a few castmembers talking with some guests about where the Magic was heading after next year and all of them said it would go back in Europe, with the Wonder staying on the west coast and the Dream and the Fantasy staying in Port Canaveral for the Bahamas and the Caribbean.

I don't know if that's true or not...

Thanks for sharing that bit of information! :yay:

^ I would guess that they'll keep the new ships at the Bahamas and Caribbean for at least a few years before moving them elsewhere, but I could be wrong.

General question about booking...

If you book one adult per room, can you add people in later?

^ I would guess that they'll keep the new ships at the Bahamas and Caribbean for at least a few years before moving them elsewhere, but I could be wrong.

General question about booking...

If you book one adult per room, can you add people in later?

Usually but not always, even if your cabin is known to sleep 4, the muster staion may fill up and no more can be added. It's a maritime law DCL won't break. Also children's programming can fill up for certain ages. Last March I surprised dh with a 3nt cruise, just the 2 of us. About 1 month before the cruise, I started feeling guilty and tried to add them on. I could book ds14 but not ds11, then 10. I tried to add a 2nd cabin but still it wouldn't let me put ds10 anywhere on the ship. I gave up trying and we had a nice time but I never told him about trying to add the kids. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter