2013 BOOK CHALLENGE! Are you in?

threeboysmom

Living the dream - near Disney!
Well, it's official. 2013 starts tomorrow. I know we've talked a bit about starting a 2013 book challenge so here it is!!

Not sure how to organize this. Would welcome any thoughts as to how to keep the thread current and prevent it from getting lost.

Everyone that wants to participate should state their book goal # and maybe the book/s they are most excited to read in 2013.

Maybe we can keep track of our books by editing our original thread? Keep a running list of titles that we've finished?

I cannot WAIT to see what new treasures we'll discover this new year!! :cloud9:

2013 Book Challenge
threeboysmom - 50
Mermaid02 - 12
runsandjumps - 25
3smithboys - 50
nancycj56 - 50
RunningGirl - 60
teacherlisa1978 - 24
StephMK - 52
wiigirl - 25
keenercam - 150 !!
*tinker*bell* - 45
Simba's Mom - 75 (haha!)
Swimnoid - 75
Cogswel_Cogs - 14
Kewz1 - 24
lovin'fl - 12
kinntj - 12
EeyoreEma - 100 !!
illuminationsfanatic - 52
Meetmeinmontauk - 12
*JoGo* - 50
disneyfanforever - 25
Kathi OD - 50
willowsnn3 - 72
PigletsPal2 - 100 !
low-key - 9
alexandmaddie - 15
CaliBear - 40
CourtasanSatine - 50
KBW - 18
DisneyWalle - 50
diznee25 - 24
hulagirl87 - 100 !!
pigletz - 52
*NikkiBell* - 12
paulasillars - 24
Katy Belle - 12
gillep - 25
WowLookAtThat - 72
minniebeth - 25
Lionqueen2 - 70
KrazyPete - 28
Tinkerbell1013 - 25
chiefmickeymouse - 40
tarheel618 - 50
LOVETHATMOUSE - 30
dismom301930 - 50
disneyshakeygirl - 50
funkychunkymonkey - 50
disny_luvr - 25
Debbie19 - 30
tarzansmom - 52
JaneBanks - 30
stacy347 - 30
Glynis - 100 !!
penguin1102 - 70
Friend of a Mouse - 52
CharityLynn - 30
Robindianne - 12
Beezle2 - 75
scooby9932 - 65
ebtbmom - 15
phorsenuf - 52
mfd25wife - 26
fireworks fan - 52
Talking Hands - 100 !!
rcpae - 24
nickyg14 - 30
Pixiedust34 - 30
njcarita - 12
tinkerbellandeeyor - 11
Desiree - 30
CourtasanSatine - 50
wvjules - 25
disneyfanforever - 25
DarthMama - 52
ksjayhawks - 40
mickeysgal - 40
SEASONK - 75
mmouse37 - 30
K and K's Mommy - 20
KatheeME - 26
Caseheidi - 100 !!
dizluvah - 120 !!
*DisneyDreamer - 20
waynesherie - 30
kayrosek - 125 !!
Ginny Favers - 50
Tigger&Belle - 24
unbrelievable - 13
BearcatsFan - 50
nemofans - 75
jenny105 - 25
Soldier's*Sweeties - 25
mike92 - 12
Christine - 24
kimblebee - 50
clutter - 15
momto3gr8boys - 30
pansmermaidzlagoon - 52
MrsDuck - 50
zippitydoo - 45
portia9 - 120 !!
tiggrbaby - 35
quietgirll - 100 !!
Maridw - 25
tinkerbellfan6880 - 80
luvmarypoppins - 24
DisneyMommyMichelle - 250 !!!!!!!!
smkiya - 20
amberg93 - 25
"Got Disney" -
Angiea1114 - 25
Bearybear - 50
Baby Pluto - 25
DisneyDetective - 30
MollyMom - 12
GILL635 - 60
Narnia_girl - 50
Wilma-bride - 116 !!
GaBelle - 20
ThereAndBackAgain - 25
tammilynne - 75
Deffenm - 10

I'll start...

I plan on reading 30 books in 2013 (I usually read on average 2 per month so this will stretch me somewhat).

I have 54 currently on my "to-read" list though. Grrrrr... Just not enough time!!

The book I am most excited about reading in 2013 is Rush Home Road.... oh and Defending Jacob. Two books that have had consistently good reviews and that have been on my list for quite some time now.

I'm also looking forward to finishing the Harry Potter series once and for all!!!

Well, it's official. 2013 starts tomorrow. I know we've talked a bit about starting a 2013 book challenge so here it is!!

Not sure how to organize this. Would welcome any thoughts as to how to keep the thread current and prevent it from getting lost.

Everyone that wants to participate should state their book goal # and maybe the book/s they are most excited to read in 2013.

Maybe we can keep track of our books by editing our original thread? Keep a running list of titles that we've finished?

I cannot WAIT to see what new treasures weI'll discover this new year!! :cloud9:

Reading more is a great New Year "New Me" Goal! Count me in. Maybe a book a month for me.... I tend to read sporadically!

I'll join. Goal is to read 100 books. No titles in mind, however I need to read different genres for sure. I am stuck in a rut. I usually finish a book a week, sometimes more. I am a very proud bookworm.

Sure, I'm in! I love to read...I just finished The Fault in Our Stars because it was recommended on the other thread and downloaded 11/22/63 and 77 Days in September. So those 2 are next on my list.

I've already read (and loved Gone Girl) and read and liked Dark Places (that one just took more time to get into, but once I did it was really good too...) So I think that I will read Sharp Objects, too.

I have The Book Thief on my Kindle too.... I downloaded that for one of my vacay books this summer, but never got around to reading it. I know that it is a must read book!

I think these should keep me busy for a bit... :goodvibes

ETA: I missed that we were supposed to put our goal amount of books - I think I will set my goal at 30. I love to read, but during the school year I don't read as much as I would like. I do make up for it in the summer!

Count me in!

My goal again this year is 50 books. I read 30 last year so I am getting closer and one of these years, I will hit it :)

I will be happy just to be able to get some of the books off my kindle so I don't have anything in mind that I want to read in 2013.

I'm in for 40 books. Next up is Great Gatsby - want to reread it before the movie comes out.

Great idea! My goal is 24 books. I'm most excited to finish the Outlander series and some more Gillian Flynn

Can I join? I absolutely love to read but go through spells where I don't get any done. It's so hard to put a good book down then I end up staying up half the night!

I'm going to go with 20 books. One for each month then extras in the summer when I have more time.

I'm in. My goal is 52 books. Reading them shouldn't be too hard, but keeping track of what I've read might be difficult. LOL!

Oooh I love this idea! Great New Years resolution, I'll set my goal for 45 books... I have no idea what I'll read need to hit the bookstore!

I'm in-I love to read also! My problem has been that I tend to forget the names of the books I read almost as soon as I'm done (I've been known to even have to look up the title of what I'm reading), but I just got a Kindle, so my books will be stored on it after I'm done. I'm down for 65 books. I've just got one question-what about books in progress on January 1? I have a book that I'm about half way thru, so I'll finish it in 2013. Does that count as a 2013 book or not? Either way doesn't matter, I just need to know. But no fair laughing at the "junk" I read-I'm one of these romance, cozy mystery type readers, nothing too deep.

I'm in. My goal for 2012 was 75 and I read 79 (unless I finish my current one tonight).

I think I'll keep it at 75 for 2013.

I keep track by using the goodreads website.

I'm currently reading Black List by Brad Thor. Really good!

1. Black List by Brad Thor
2. The Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman
3. Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry
4. 77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz
5. Post Mortem by Patricia Cornwell
6. The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen
7. Double Take by Catherine Coulter
8. A Boy No More by Paxton Davis
9. Bake Sale Murder by Leslie Meier
10. Thunder and Rain by Charles Martin
11. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
12. Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card
13. The Last Coyote by Michael Connelly
14. A Dash of Murder by Teresa Trent
15. Dark Tort by Diane Mott Davidson
16. The Concrete Blond by Michael Connelly
17. Private London by James Patterson
18. The Good Guy by Dean Koontz
19. The Racketeer by John Grisham
20. Turkey Day Murder by Leslie Meier
21. Alone by Lisa Gardner
22. Private Berlin by James Patterson
23. The Lions of Lucerne by Brad Thor
24. Learn Me Good by John Pearson
25. Magic Street by Orson Scott Card

I'm in too! I love to read - it's finding the time to sit down and do it that I struggle with.

I'm keeping my goal low: 24. Only 2 books a month. I think I can handle that!

Kristen

Reading more is a great New Year "New Me" Goal! Count me in. Maybe a book a month for me.... I tend to read sporadically!

Me too. I'm in...12 books is my goal. I would like to read the two I have here now (Lone Wolf and The 12 Tribes of Hattie) and then I also wanted to read Cloud Atlas, Gone Girl, The Light Between Oceans and Rush Home Road. Defending Jacob sounds good too. Was hoping to be able to read Martin's Winds of Winter, but them are pipe dreams :worship:

I'm in! I'll commit to 12, since I'm starting classes and won't have as much time to read for fun. I can catch up in the summer.

I just received a book I wanted for Christmas and that will be my first.

1. Under the Dome by Stephen King

Count me in! I'll say 100. I read a lot, and way too fast! I have a lot I am looking forward to - The Orchardist, Honolulu, The Pull of the Moon, Galway Bay, Wildflower Hill ... The list goes on and on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter