2013 BOOK CHALLENGE! Are you in?

Book 36: Killing Jesus - Excellent book! As I said in the 2014 thread it is not a spiritual read. It is more historical. It is about the history and life of Jesus and how he came to be crucified. It is one of my top reads for the year.

Finished book #87- Still Missing by Chevy Stevens

This was about a woman who was abducted for a year & then trying to deal with it afterwards. I thought this book was okay. The story is told through the main character (Annie) talking to her psychiatrist. The weird thing is that the psychiatrist doesn't have a voice at all in the book. Horrible things happen to her, but the writing didn't make me feel connected to her. Usually when I read books w/this kind of stuff in it, it's hard to read & I fear the abductor. But I didn't feel that way this time. The abuctor didn't terrify me like in other books. I guess b/c it didn't make sense. The ending was annoying more than anything. I give it 3/5 stars.

On the day she was abducted, Annie OSullivan, a thirty-two-year-old realtor, had three goals: sell a house, forget about a recent argument with her mother, and be on time for dinner with her ever-patient boyfriend. The open house is slow, but when her last visitor pulls up in a van as shes about to leave, Annie thinks it just might be her lucky day after all.
Interwoven with the story of the year Annie spent captive in a remote mountain cabin which unfolds through sessions with her psychiatrist is the second narrative recounting the nightmare that follows her escape: her struggle to piece her shattered life back together, the ongoing police investigation into the identity of her captor, and the disturbing sense that things are far from over.

Book 36: Killing Jesus - Excellent book! As I said in the 2014 thread it is not a spiritual read. It is more historical. It is about the history and life of Jesus and how he came to be crucified. It is one of my top reads for the year.

I want to read this one. Loved Killing Lincoln and Killing Kennedy.

150 -- Sisters in Love by Melissa Foster.

151  Dream of You (a Laurel Heights novel) by Kate Perry.

152  Sleeping Beauty by Elle Lothlorien. This story was intriguing and novel and interesting.

153  Perfect (A Christmas Romance) by Autumn Jordan.

I am currently reading "The Hit" by David Baldacci and I may have it done by the 1st.

I was trying to come up with a list of my three favorite books this year and found it nearly impossible. Finally, I decided that I'd choose those that were most novel and intriguing (and not standard love stories). Even with that, I could only narrow it to four:

1. 11/22/63 by Stephen King
2. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
3. Defending Jacob by William Landay
4. The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh

I really want to share a list of favorite authors because I loved everything I read by these authors this year. I have lots of previous favorite authors, but these are new ones I discovered this year (and I ended up reading every single book I could find by each of them):
1. G.J. Walker-Smith (the Wishes series is not to be missed)
2. Marie Force
3. Colleen Hoover
4. Mara Jacobs
5. Adriana Trigiani

I was trying to come up with a list of my three favorite books this year and found it nearly impossible. Finally, I decided that I'd choose those that were most novel and intriguing (and not standard love stories). Even with that, I could only narrow it to four:

I really want to share a list of favorite authors because I loved everything I read by these authors this year. I have lots of previous favorite authors, but these are new ones I discovered this year (and I ended up reading every single book I could find by each of them):

2. Marie Force
3. Colleen Hoover

If anyone's interested, Hopeless is free for Kindle right now. I found out because I said "Gee, I see she's a Marie Force fan and so am I-so let's go see about this Colleen Hoover." So now my bookshelf on my Kindle's getting more books to read!

1. 11/22/63 by Stephen King
3. Defending Jacob by William Landay
4. The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh

1. G.J. Walker-Smith (the Wishes series is not to be missed)
2. Marie Force
3. Colleen Hoover
4. Mara Jacobs
5. Adriana Trigiani

Did you read Losing Hope too? I loved that one too. I think I liked it better than Hopeless, which I really, really liked. It's one of my tops of they year but I put Losing Hope in the top 3.

Did you read Losing Hope too? I loved that one too. I think I liked it better than Hopeless, which I really, really liked. It's one of my tops of they year but I put Losing Hope in the top 3.

Yes! Have you read Finding Cinderella also by the same author? It is a wonderful, sweet novella involving the same characters. I loved it!

If anyone's interested, Hopeless is free for Kindle right now. I found out because I said "Gee, I see she's a Marie Force fan and so am I-so let's go see about this Colleen Hoover." So now my bookshelf on my Kindle's getting more books to read!

Thanks! I just went over there to get it since these last few posts have raved about it.

Is there going to be a thread for the 2014 Reading Challenge? Wondering because I signed up to read 100 books on Goodreads this year.

Forgot to add my last book of the year, which I finished on New Year's Eve. :)

154. The Hit by David Baldacci. I really like this author, though this is not my favorite among his books. It is apparently one of a series involving a character named Will Robie. Reading the earlier one(s) first would probably make this one even more interesting.

Just wanted to finish off my list for 2013

#147 50 People Every Christian Should Know
#148 Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella
#149 The Search for Anne Perry by Joanne Drayton

So close to 150 but couldn't quite make it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter