1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

:welcome: stitchie13

I don't have any pictures of Periwigs, but these are pictures I have on Page 1(Post 5) of the health club after renovation

Ship Shape Health Club and Spa Guests of the YC, BC and BCV will discover a new sense of well-being in the Ship Shape Health Club. State-of-the-art fitness equipment by Life Fitness and Hammer Strength includes treadmills, ellipticals, stair climbers, regular and recumbent bicycles, weight machines and free weights.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks so much for the pictures, spacy9!!!

To see more photos of the Ship Shape Health Club (taken by spacy9), click here! Ship Shape Health Club

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

page 10-13

:welcome:

Sorry to take so long to catch up. I'll add you now!!!

:cool1:

Sounds like a great start.

:goodvibes

Happy Mothers Day to you too!

Thanks for your sweet words and thinking of me. I appreciate it.

It was a nice quiet couple of hours this morning. The benefit of boys staying up way too late is that they sleep in in the morning.

:surfweb:

Thanks, Mike!

Hope Lee Ann had a great day.

Thanks for checking in with us!!!

Sounds like you are getting some fantastic towel art!!! Have you seen the mushroom yet? :rotfl2:

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

:woohoo:

Good to hear from you! Hope the rest of your trip is great.

:yay:

After Ben's performance in Aristocats, what else could I pick?

So soon!

Have fun!

That is cool news! Sounds like a wonderful trip and lots of nice surprises all around.

4. Minnie

Minnie DIS Veteran

YC club lounge does have a porch you can go out on however the view is of the parking lot.

5. catho72

catho72 DIS Veteran

I just posted some pics on this thread....both GV and Water/Lagoon View. Plus one photo has a great daybed shot.

Here are some random shots from our July 2012 trip
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Doesn't everyone want to see a picture of my family's butts? Ha ha ha....I never knew about the "secret path"....only the ramp. Here we are walking down the ramp...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Walking through WS after entering through the IG entrance on our way to the front of the park for a Y.E.S. class.
    [​IMG]

A cloudy sunrise over WS
    [​IMG]

Gratuitous kid shot
    [​IMG]

Kind of creepy don't you think? Again, before park opening....
    [​IMG]

We're wet but we're still smiling
    [​IMG]

6. catho72

catho72 DIS Veteran

I just realized that we leave for WDW in exactly TWO MONTHS!!!!!! :drive:

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Happy Mother's Day to all my YC/BC friends! Cheers to you! :drinking1
    [​IMG]

7. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

page 14-17

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for the end of May.

:cool1:

There should be some links to menus for Hurricane Hanna's, I think the Marketplace (sandwiches, flat bread pizza, salads, grab and go sushi) and Beaches and Cream on Page 1, the Dining Post. Although B&C tends to be really crowded, as a solo diner you may be able to snag a seat at the counter without much wait.

The other thing, sort of suggested by others- enter EPCOT- have a light lunch at the French bakery, or fish & chips in UK or something from Sunshine Seasons, then when you are done, catch the monorail to the MK to get that first view of the castle.

Ride to and from BC/MK on the bus should be around 15 minutes, plus whatever wait you have for the bus if you choose to go that way.

The one thing my boys (they will be 15 and 12 on the trip) insisted on was Sci Fi at HS. We love Cape May at the Beach Club. Teppen Edo, as someone suggested, is a fun choice, especially if you don't have access to one near your home. Boma at AKL is awesome! I think my favorite at Disney and even my very picky eater enjoys it. Plus a nice chance to check out the resort.

:mickeybar

:welcome: and thanks for your input!

So do you have a trip in the planning to your favorite or 2nd favorite resort?

I haven't been to the YC lounge. From everything I have read, the food offerings are the same, same management team, YC lounge is a larger. I don't think there is much action out on the porch and I don't think there is any special view from the lounge area.

I think either would be a fine choice.

:)

8. VbChristy

VbChristy DIS Veteran

I get to make my dining reservations Tuesday morning! YAY!!!!! I just went through to decide where I want to eat and when. I am not making too many res since we will have a 5 month old on the trip... But I want to get in some favorites and must have's :cool1:

9. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Thanks for putting the pictures up on the view thread!

GREAT pictures! Thanks for sharing.

And YUM! Cheers and Happy Mother's Day to you, too.

10. SpeedyDisney

SpeedyDisney Earning My Ears

We'll be staying BC SV CL at end of May :-)banana::banana:) and I'll be taking pictures of the view and other stuff. I plan to pay it forward assuming I can figure out how to post pictures and I have reached the required post count.

David

11. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Thanks!!! We appreciate the help and input.

I think your post count is fine (10 are needed, I believe) for posting photos. I have some directions about posting pictures on Page 1, Other Useful Info, or I can talk you through it when the time comes.

The main thing you need to do is add your pictures to a photo sharing site- I use Photobucket

By the way- I have just added a few more pictures from my files to the view threads.

12. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Well we told the kiddos today!! They are super excited and now for me it s REAL! Can't wait to be at the BC in 3 days!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

13. BringingUpDisney

BringingUpDisney DIS Veteran

We found that we over paid & under ate. We are going OOP this time, and since it a longer trip and we are going to try to bounce back, we are gong to get APs and try TIW, I think that will be more cost effective in the end. Yes, it's also a shameless use of Disney math!

14. BringingUpDisney

BringingUpDisney DIS Veteran

We do a faux plan by estimating costs including tax, tips and snacks and put it all on a gift card. This makes it easier to stop obsessing on prices and it's usually the same or less than what we would pay for DDP

15. Karebear

Karebear Mouseketeer

Thanks for the tips! I am going to use a gift card--that is a great idea. I think that we will be fine. I remember last time we were always too full to eat the dessert that came with the CS meals. This time, I can just order a salad, etc. and won't feel like I am "wasting" a credit.

16. disney777

disney777 DIS Veteran

I calculated $DDP x 14 days and put that on a gift card. I ended up with a just under $200 balance at the end of my trip. So I definitely came out ahead. I liked being able to eat what I wanted.

17. Simba's Girl

Simba's Girl DIS Veteran

If you used the GC for tips too, you probably came out WAY ahead! :thumbsup2

18. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

That is fantastic!!! Best.Mothers.Day.Ever. (for the kids).

You all must be over the moon.

:banana::banana::banana:

We are skipping the dining plan for the first time in 4 trips. We have 4 nights and two of the sit down meals we are doing are a late breakfast (Kona, 11) and lunch (Sci Fi). We also have a meal at T-Rex which was not originally on the dining plan, but I believe is part of it now. I did the math and estimated the most expensive drink, entree and dessert we might possibly get. We came out about $100 ahead paying OOP, so if some of us skip or share dessert or share an entree, we will be even better off.

Plus, we can order Disney gift cards through a program that benefits the middle school.

Even so, it was a really tough sell for my DH. He really did not want to leave the security of the dining plan and Ben was afraid he would have to compromise on what he ordered.

:scratchin

Good luck! Let us know what you end up with.

19. JulieODC

JulieODC DIS Veteran

Hi all! :wave2: I've been following this thread and getting so much good info for our YC trip in November. Tomorrow is our 180 days -- anyone have thoughts about our current plan? No dining plan here as of yet (we usually do better paying out of pocket, and hope for a resort discount over FD). Do you all mind if I ask for some dining input??

I'm nervous about getting the ressies we want, esp with the new system being so finicky! Any words of advice?

Should I book more ressies - esp for dinners? We will have our 2yo DD in tow, so I was afraid to book too many TS meals.

Here are our tentative plans/ressie wishlist:

Sun, 11/10: Arrive ~12pm, L: B&C (or another resort CS); D: Flying Fish

Mon, 11/11: MK day; B: CP at 8:05; L: Pecos Bills; D: Epcot/resort CS

Tues: 11/12: Epcot day; B/L: CS; D: San Angel Inn

Wed: 11/13: AK day; B: CS; L: Flame Tree BBQ; D: BOG or Cali Grill (before heading to the Electical Parade/Wishes)

Thurs: DHS day; B: CS; L: SciFi; D: BOG or Cali Grill (~5:30pm)

Fri: MK day; B: CS (or CP at 8:05 if we can't get it for Monday); L: MK CS; D: Coral Reef (haven't eaten here before, and know it doesn't seem to get great reviews, but thought our DD would love the aquarium)

20. KerryCM

KerryCM DIS Veteran

Tomorrow morning Jim and I will be on our way to our "alone" trip!! We have a standard view at the YC club level. Dee, I will take pictures for the thread. Hopefully I can figure out how to post them. I am computer challenged, but your directions seem very easy to do!

Thank you all for the great information I have gotten here.

21. suemom2kay

suemom2kay DIS Veteran

A word of warning about gift cards. They are like cash. If you lose it, you lose the total value. Disney may or may not be able to look it up and cancel.

This is what we do. We buy gift cards (in Target using our Redcard for 5% off) in $50 increments. I leave them in the room safe. Then we pay for our meals using our KTTW card. I then periodically go to the front desk and pay off our balance.

The first year I used gift cards in lieu of the dining plan, I was walking around with a $500 gift card and it made me a wreck (I lose stuf a lot - ADD).

I think I really posted this helpful advice so I can see my TICKER!!!! FOUR MORE DAYS!!!! :cool1::cool1::yay::yay::cool1::cool1::dance3:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.