2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

Love the photos! I especially love the smiling in the rain. We had rain at least part of every day our last trip, and we had a wonderful vacation. It's all in how you deal with it. Put on your poncho and put on a smile - you are on vacation!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Dee: Awesome school fundraiser..............Disney Cards!!! I Love that idea:thumbsup2

KerryCM: This is just for you :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

4. catho72

catho72 DIS Veteran

On the topic of the dining plan, based on this thread and several others, I am in the minority because I LOVE the dining plan. We've done all three (QSDP, DDP and DxDP) and the only one where I've felt there was too much food and we didn't get our money's worth was on the DxDP. Last summer we used the QSDP. Since the portion sizes are quite large at a lot of CS places, we were able to share many meals. Plus, we saved some of our desserts and ate them for breakfast the following morning. We didn't eat at any TS restaurants and we were OK with that. It was actually refreshing not being held hostage by ADR's. But when we were flying home, I realized we didn't see ANY characters on the trip....no Mickey or Stitch.....and that made me kind of sad. :sad:

On trips where we stayed off-site (hence no Dining plan), the sticker shock of our bill for buffets (Chef Mickey's, Tusker House, 'Ohana, Cape May) has made me a true dining plan convert. I also like not having to look at the prices when I order. It's also like staying at an all-inclusive....you don't have to worry about much because it's all included in your trip!

Happy Monday everyone!

We are arriving at the Beach Club in exactly two months from today! Off to do my Happy Dance!!!!

5. 333disneymom

333disneymom DIS Veteran

I sold my husband on skipping the DDP this trip by telling him he could order appetizers and a drink at every meal, of he wanted. Not that he couldn't before, but we had already spent so much on the DDP, we stuck to what was included. Often, he'd rather have an appetizer than a dessert though.

Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

6. jakeybake

jakeybake DIS Veteran

I know I'm a day late but just wanted to wish all the awesome moms out there a Happy Mother's Day! Thank God for all of you because we men couldn't survive a day without you!

I hope you all had an awesome day yesterday!

Jay

7. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Thanks Jay!!!

I'm going to be sure and leave this post UP FRONT and CENTER of my computer at home......JUST in time for DH to get home!! Some times he needs a little reminder of how awesome moms are :rotfl2:

8. KerryCM

KerryCM DIS Veteran

Just got off the phone with Disney to book our December trip. No rooms at the Boardwalk or yacht Club club level with my discount, but we got a lagoon view at the Beach Club!! I got 2 rooms with my cast discount and the dinning plan!!!!! So very excited. We are taking my son and his family and neither of us has stayed at the Beach Club before.

I know the lounge is small, we loved the Boardwalk for the large lounge for the entire family to sit and enjoy their breakfast. Is the lounge really that small that we won't be able to sit to eat?

So excited to have another trip booked.

9. firsttimemom

firsttimemom DIS Veteran

We just booked the BC for Nov. We got a pin code for free dining- we're not big DDP fans but free is free! Of course we overcompensated by booking a deluxe room. We've never stayed at the BC before so we're looking forward to exploring a new resort. :cool1:

Has anyone done an illuminations cruise? In all of our trips we've ever seen Illuminations and I'm thinking about doing this for our kids who turn 14 and 16 while we're there.

10. catho72

catho72 DIS Veteran

We did and IllumiNations cruise several years ago and it was awesome! The kids enjoyed it so much that they keep asking to do it again. The boat launches from the YC marina then travels over to DHS to see Mickey atop of the mountain at the end of Fantasmic. Then it goes over to Epcot for IllumiNations. You sit just on the other side of the bridge in the lagoon so you have a front row seat to the festivities. Light snacks are included on your cruise....pop, water, chips, pretzels, etc.

It's pretty costly but it's a wonderful experience!

11. imobsessedwithdisney

imobsessedwithdisney Mouseketeer

So excited we just changed our reservation from YC Standard room to BC GV CL!! Leaving in 2 days. May 15-18. So here's my question. We will probably be gettin to the BC around 10:30 do u think the lounge will still have breakfast out or should we grab breakfast instead at the airport?

12. 1coolnini

1coolnini Mouseketeer

See you there! At the moment I have suitcases and clothing everywhere. I need to start throwing things into the suitcases and then clean my house. I don't want any burglars to think I''m a slob!

Jan

13. mom_of_2

mom_of_2 Mouseketeer

We ate at Coral Reef and LOVED it. I thought the food was good...not the best I ever had but definitely good enough that I would go back. My kids (3 and 15months at the time) loved looking at the aquarium during dinner. When we got to the restaurant we asked to be seated next to the aquarium. They said they would do their best and all worked out. I hope you get all the ADRs you want.

14. Judyfun

Judyfun Mouseketeer

Leaving in 3 weeks and my niece was not going to tell her daugher (I am taking her for her first visit) until we were 1 week out. However she had the Mickey countdown app on the phone and Zoey saw it. That is one bouncing off the wall child!

Almost done with the Safari shirt for her to wear to AK, then all I have left to make if the Snow White dress and the Belle dress.

Judy:cheer2::yay:

June 4 - 9th BC SV CL

15. OregonMomToWDW

OregonMomToWDW DIS Veteran

Just got an email from TA. She was able to switch us from YC to BC. Hopefully, that will make the daughter a bit more happy. :cool1:

16. imobsessedwithdisney

imobsessedwithdisney Mouseketeer

We're also staying bc GV CL for 3 nights this weds. I'm happy to share pics of the lounge and the room views if you want :)

17. swimfly

swimfly Mouseketeer

Just added an ADR for Coral Reef for our June trip. Was thinking my daughter (17 mths) was too young for it. Great to hear your kids enjoyed it.

18. KerriL

KerriL DIS Veteran

Another vote for Coral Reef with little ones....Took my son last year when he was 2 1/2 and he loved it:lovestruc We requested a table near the tank and got one. We checked in at 11:15am for an 11:30am PS so it worked out well. We are going again this August and having a special Nemo themed cake made to celebrate his adoption. He actually remembered this restaurant and requested it for this trip::yes::

19. mom_of_2

mom_of_2 Mouseketeer

Oh good! I hope you enjoy it and your daughter enjoys it as much as my kids did!

20. Dis703

Dis703 DIS Veteran

Ahhhhhhh, 4 more days I can't believe it's almost here!! As the first time we've traveled as a family of five I can't believe all that has gone into planning and prepping for this trip. I really thought I had a major jumpstart but here I am just under 48 hours from when we leave and I still have so much to do! Fingers crossed we manage to get it all done in time. We don't have to catch a plane, but we are already leaving very late in the day so my sister can work. Won't be stopping overnight until somewhere between 1 and 2am. Yuck.

But by Friday we'll be at Mickey Mouse's house!! (that is how we explain to the little ones where we are going-lol)

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

And looks like we'll have a lot of company at the BC/YC!

21. disneydee6

disneydee6 DIS Veteran

So happy today, not only is it my birthday! :woohoo: but it's also ONE WEEK TIL DISNEY! :banana::banana::banana:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.