2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of you Teena and will be anxiously awaiting an all clear signal from you.

Quick question that may have been addressed in the months after the closing of Hostess when I was away from the boards....

But, now that Hostess is no longer in business, are you able to get your beloved Tastykakes down in Florida?

We have them in Ohio now so just tried them for the first time myself. Let me know if you are still left out of the yummy loop.

Can't believe it is time for you to set sail ... Enjoy!

We can get one or two kinds here but never my favorites. They started carrying the Peanut Butter Tandycakes and that makes Bob and Jeanne happy but I like the Chocolate Tandycakes. I actually was in Publix last year and they had a special going on and were selling Tasty Pies. I bought a bunch. Soooooo good!!!! Went back a week later and they said it was a one time thing. Darn!

Yep, we only booked the cruise 10 days before the sail date so it really came fast. Can't wait for Saturday to get here and tomorrow to be over with.

May's going to be a super month too since I'll be spending 9 days with Jeanne and Princess Lily. I talked to Lily on the phone tonight. Very interesting. She talks in a whole different language ... definitely not English. Every once in a while she slips in a word we can all understand but she goes on and on a mile a minute in some kind of gibberish and very expressive with her tone of voice. She calls Mickey "Hotdog". It took Jeanne quite a while to figure out that one. It comes from that song they sing on Mickey's Club House. It's her favorite show. Can't wait for Lily to call Mickey "Hotdog" when she gets here in August and we take her to meet him. Donald is "Duck Duck". But the minute she talks to me, she starts telling me things about "Hotdog" and "Duck Duck". She apparently thinks we all live together here in Florida.

Does the magical express come 3 hours early with an 8AM flight? Getting everyone out be 5am should be an adventure....

It does! We've taken a 7am flight and magical express was ready for us at 4am. And it was an adventure, but we were able to get some sleep on the plane! :)

I should be checking in in about 13 hours. And I should still be asleep at this point.:rotfl2:

Kim

Thinking of you, Teena!

Well, finally got up the nerve to mention the BC trip to DH and he said it sounded like fun!! So, not to jinx myself, but put us down for a tentative stay August 17 to 24. I'm going to start looking at rooms and possible ADRs tomorrow!

Love that this is working out for you!!!

We can get one or two kinds here but never my favorites. They started carrying the Peanut Butter Tandycakes and that makes Bob and Jeanne happy but I like the Chocolate Tandycakes. I actually was in Publix last year and they had a special going on and were selling Tasty Pies. I bought a bunch. Soooooo good!!!! Went back a week later and they said it was a one time thing. Darn!

Yep, we only booked the cruise 10 days before the sail date so it really came fast. Can't wait for Saturday to get here and tomorrow to be over with.

May's going to be a super month too since I'll be spending 9 days with Jeanne and Princess Lily. I talked to Lily on the phone tonight. Very interesting. She talks in a whole different language ... definitely not English. Every once in a while she slips in a word we can all understand but she goes on and on a mile a minute in some kind of gibberish and very expressive with her tone of voice. She calls Mickey "Hotdog". It took Jeanne quite a while to figure out that one. It comes from that song they sing on Mickey's Club House. It's her favorite show. Can't wait for Lily to call Mickey "Hotdog" when she gets here in August and we take her to meet him. Donald is "Duck Duck". But the minute she talks to me, she starts telling me things about "Hotdog" and "Duck Duck". She apparently thinks we all live together here in Florida.

You mean you don't????!!!!:rotfl2:

Could someone tell me what time the buses start running when it's morning EMH's? I have a reservation at Chef Mickey's at 7:30 am and am not sure the easiest and quickest way to get there. As of right now there is morning EMH's at MK. Thanks!

Our dates are: 8/14-16 YC (then moving to SSR...)

Thanks for adding us to the BOG list!!!

Man this thread moves like the wind....

Our dates are: 8/14-16 YC (then moving to SSR...)

Thanks for adding us to the BOG list!!!

Man this thread moves like the wind....

Thanks for the clarification on your dates.

You're telling me!!!

That's why we work so hard to keep the info on the first page updated to make it easy to find info.

:goodvibes

Could someone tell me what time the buses start running when it's morning EMH's? I have a reservation at Chef Mickey's at 7:30 am and am not sure the easiest and quickest way to get there. As of right now there is morning EMH's at MK. Thanks!

Great question! The whole morning bus thing perplexes me a bit. For years I have read about "character breakfast buses" that come to the resorts to pick up for CM and 'Ohana, but I don't know if they actually exist.

Does anyone know if they still have a CM out by the bus stops "managing" the traffic. That early?

The quickest way to get to the Contemporary is by cab. The fare should be less than $20 including tip. I would say that if you took a cab from BC/YC at 7:10 to the CR, you would make it by 7:30. IMHO, it is worth it in time and aggravation to get a cab. There are usually one or two in a queue waiting for passengers. Just ask a valet who should be stationed by the lobby of the resort. It sounds like you may need a van for 5 passengers, but I think that would be the same price as a regular sedan cab- anyone know?

So, what you could do is be out at the bus stop around 6:30, and see if a bus arrives for the MK or CR (breakfast bus). If it hasn't come by 7 you should probably think about the cab, because if the bus is only dropping at MK, then you need to either walk or mono to CR and that will take some time.

I wanted to thank everyone for the information they've contributed to this thread, and a huge thanks to Dee for the tough job of keeping up with it all. I could never do it. But it sure was a big help in my planning for our trip last month. I hope I've been able to help out a few other future YC/BC fans in return.

My family and I will be moving overseas this summer. Heading to The Hague in The Netherlands for three years, so it's pretty much going to be amazing. But I don't know when we'll next get back to WDW. I'm going to be cutting down on my time on a lot of the threads I've been following, but I won't be away from the DIS entirely - still got to plan our Med cruise on the Magic for 2014.

So I won't be following this thread from day to day, but I'm certainly still reachable by PM if you have any questions about my recent posts.

Take care and have great trips, everyone. I'm sure we'll be back before too long.

Bummer!!! Thanks so much for the picture :(

The picture someone posted of a CL bathroom looks nothing like the shower that we had last May at BC CL. I think that one might be old - it doesn't even have the curved shower rods. I found the shower heads nice, and the water pressure was good enough for my DD's thick curly hair even after the chlorine abuse of daily SAB. Not a wide rainforest one or whatever they are called though.

Love that this is working out for you!!!

I am texting with my friend about ADRs... Now I hear that she and her family are doing CL! So guess what? I CANNOT have them stay CL and not us. LOL Just keeps getting better/worse. They are doing the dining plan and I'm not a fan for our family.

I wanted to thank everyone for the information they've contributed to this thread, and a huge thanks to Dee for the tough job of keeping up with it all. I could never do it. But it sure was a big help in my planning for our trip last month. I hope I've been able to help out a few other future YC/BC fans in return.

My family and I will be moving overseas this summer. Heading to The Hague in The Netherlands for three years, so it's pretty much going to be amazing. But I don't know when we'll next get back to WDW. I'm going to be cutting down on my time on a lot of the threads I've been following, but I won't be away from the DIS entirely - still got to plan our Med cruise on the Magic for 2014.

So I won't be following this thread from day to day, but I'm certainly still reachable by PM if you have any questions about my recent posts.

Take care and have great trips, everyone. I'm sure we'll be back before too long.

Best of luck to you and your family with your big move!

Safe travels.

J

Thanks for the bus/ transportation info. There will actually be nine of us but even if we have to take two cabs I think that might be worth it.

Thank you so much for all you have contributed and for the very nice shoutout!!! I'll definitely be using some of your pictures, when I have a chance to catch my breath! Another performance weekend- Aristocats has a soft opening tonight and shows Friday, Sat and Sunday and next weekend!

Best of luck in your move. I hope you have lots of exciting adventures in Europe!

Please do keep in touch when you can!!!

Dee

Yeah - got my AP discount BC SV CL!!! All 16 days - saved another $500!

Awesome!!!

Robyn- we are going to try to get reservations for the Dessert Party for July too. We haven't done it before (or even seen Wishes :sad2:), so I mentioned it to Mark and he is interested. It would be a surprise for the boys on our last night of the trip.

@ Hunclemarco- gonna be stalking your thread!

My favorite part is watch Tink fly over head.

We love, love, love it - even if we can't eat enough desserts to justify the price. Not having to wait for hours fighting the crowds on Main St. makes up for the cost!

Hope we both get it - I'll keep my eye out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter