• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2012 "What's on National's Emerald Aisle?"

Thanks everyone for the great feedback! :wizard:

And I second that about national's employees. That is our main reason with sticking with them for so many years too. We have never had a bad experience with national. :wizard:

mky :cutie:

Traveling w 2 adults and 2 small kids (both 7 years old) to MCO. We will have 4 suitcases (26" spinners) and a few carry ons. What size vehicle? I have a minivan booked Sat Oct 13th for 9 days w/ National for $368 and we are Emerald Club members. Is that a good rate? Do I need a minivan or can I get by w/ a full size? Sounds like many book the Emerald Isle and seem to get full sizes. I think Emrald Isle midsize is $100 cheaper.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!

You could probably get by with a full size with a big trunk, like an Impala. 18+cf. You are a bit early for Oct. prices. Keep checking, they wiill probably fall closer to your travel dates.

Darn, I knew I forgot to post something. We picked up a minivan from the EA side B on March 13 in the middle of the day. There were several minivans to pick from in addition to lots of cars (sorry, I don't remember the models as it was a minivan I was looking for.)

What I really wanted to post though was that I like the National employees and that is also one of the reasons that I try to stick with National. They are always very helpful in the garage, even pointing my husband in the right direction when he follows me with the luggage after I've gone ahead to select a vehicle. Also, in March I had an issue with the cost of the rental coming up different from my printed reservation. I insisted that it was fixed before I left the garage and the National employee fixed it on the spot (it was wrong by quite a bit, over $50. The amount that came up was the amount on an earlier canceled reservation that I had.)

Wow, i LOVE hearing positive comments like this!!!! We try very hard to make the customer 100% happpy. We direct a lot of spouses, lol. Alamo, our sister company, has great customer service too, as does our parent company Enterprise.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback! :wizard:

And I second that about national's employees. That is our main reason with sticking with them for so many years too. We have never had a bad experience with national. :wizard:

mky :cutie:

I am very happy to hear that. We do try!!:)

Think we need a bump!

:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

Ok, here I sit, looking out at the EA and EE.

Emerald Aisle: prius, Impala LT, Towne and Country, Sonata, Malibu, Impala, Towne and County, Impala, Malibu, Towne and Country. That is as far as I can see. :)

Exec.: Camry, Camry, Chrysler 200 Convert. Impala LTZ, Charger Avalon, Some sort of SUV, Charger, Camry, Towne and Country, Charger. That is as far as I can see. This is A side at 9:41 pm Tuesday.

Emerald Aisle: prius, Impala LT, Towne and Country, Sonata, Malibu, Impala, Towne and County, Impala, Malibu, Towne and Country. That is as far as I can see. :)

Exec.: Camry, Camry, Chrysler 200 Convert. Impala LTZ, Charger Avalon, Some sort of SUV, Charger, Camry, Towne and Country, Charger. That is as far as I can see. This is A side at 9:41 pm Tuesday.

OOOOh, Gmeh1 > thank you, lets see i will take the convert. or a camry. Depends on mileage and freshness. :wizard: ooh to dream. But still out 70 some days. :confused3

This thread is making me so excited!! We fly into MCO on July 4th. We're only 2 adults and 2 kids, so a midsize will suffice, but since we're traveling with family and there will be over 12 of us for the trip, it would be nice to have a larger vehicle to hopefully cut down on the number of parking fees we'll have to pay for our trips to the parks. Here's hoping the Emerald Aisle has something awesome that day!!!

This thread is making me so excited!! We fly into MCO on July 4th. We're only 2 adults and 2 kids, so a midsize will suffice, but since we're traveling with family and there will be over 12 of us for the trip, it would be nice to have a larger vehicle to hopefully cut down on the number of parking fees we'll have to pay for our trips to the parks. Here's hoping the Emerald Aisle has something awesome that day!!!

It won't have something that can hold 12 people, that is for sure. Holiday travel changes the dynamics of what is on the aisle. BUT, if you don't see something you like, just ask and see what is available. Sometimes we can work magic (not always).

OOOOh, Gmeh1 > thank you, lets see i will take the convert. or a camry. Depends on mileage and freshness. :wizard: ooh to dream. But still out 70 some days. :confused3

Hmmmm, I assume you are exec. level since you picked the convert. If you did not take the convert, I would suggest the Avalon, much nicer than the Camry and exclusive to the Exec. aisle. Mileage, why? You aren't buying it, LOL. They should all have less than 20k miles, if they are on the aisle. If they don't, someone is failing at their job. Freshness, for sure.

How does access to the executive aisle work? Is it only obtainable through status as an emerald club member or can you book a certain class of car to have access?

How does access to the executive aisle work? Is it only obtainable through status as an emerald club member or can you book a certain class of car to have access?

You have to be an Emerald Club member and rent a specific number of times or days in a calendar year to achieve Emerald Executive status. The program is well outlined on the National site under Emerald Club.
The Emerald Aisle and Emerald Executive aisle are reserved for members only.

You have to be an Emerald Club member and rent a specific number of times or days in a calendar year to achieve Emerald Executive status. The program is well outlined on the National site under Emerald Club.
The Emerald Aisle and Emerald Executive aisle are reserved for members only.

Thanks. I haven't had Executive status since 2009. I wasn't sure if a standard member could pick from the executive aisle if reserving a higher class vehicle.

Thanks. I haven't had Executive status since 2009. I wasn't sure if a standard member could pick from the executive aisle if reserving a higher class vehicle.

No, they cannot, however, you can make an Emerald Reserve reservation for the class of car you want. Executive aisle is for executive members exclusively.

So, I fly into MCO next thursday 6/14 and will just be staying at the Hyatt at the airport for the night before starting our 6 day vaca. I have Emerald Reserve for a Luxury, but would I be better off saving some money and just trying Emerald Aisle? I will be able to head over there anytime in the AM as I'll be right there. Any suggestions? I just wanted to find something better than full size.

Thanks for any help.

Emerald Aisle guarantees you a mid-size car, so if you're looking for something better than a FULL sized, it sounds like you want to reserve the class of car you need and stick with Emerald Reserve.

Since you're staying at the Hyatt, I suppose you can improve your chance of getting something larger than full size if you walk over to the EA and are willing to wait as returned cars are added to the aisle. Also, there's a National lot on both A side and B side of the airport. You can check one out and walk (a distance) over to the other if you don't find something on the first.

Hope you have a fantastic trip!

Thanks. That was my thought. I'm hoping i'll find something better. If not, I assume I could always get something bigger and pay the difference, worst case. I'm still up in the air about that or Luxury.

I just priced out mid-sized rental cars for our December trip, and was dismayed to find that National's rates are much, much higher than other companies. :confused: I am an EA member (1st time), and from what I am reading, I should just keep checking for rate reductions? We are traveling the 7th-15th of December, not the highly busy Christmas week.

So, I fly into MCO next thursday 6/14 and will just be staying at the Hyatt at the airport for the night before starting our 6 day vaca. I have Emerald Reserve for a Luxury, but would I be better off saving some money and just trying Emerald Aisle? I will be able to head over there anytime in the AM as I'll be right there. Any suggestions? I just wanted to find something better than full size.

Thanks for any help.

You will not find a Luxury class vehicle on the EA or Exec. aisle (we NEVER put them there). If you want a Luxury or something better than a full size, then you really need to reserve that class of car. We sometimes (note the word "sometimes") have mini vans and small to med. SUV's on the aisles, but, that will vary with supply and demand. What you can count on is a mid size or better from the EA or a full size or better on the Exec. aisle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter