2012 "What's on National's Emerald Aisle?"

I miss not adding to this thread. With the prices at National lately, I've had to use Alamo. My last trip in October, I rented from Alamo. My price was 1/2 of National. I've been crunching the number for my late January trip and right now I've again am booked with Alamo for ($175 total 10 days). The same rental with National is over double. I keep my fingers crossed that there might be some last minute drops (though there were none in October even up to the last day). I would even pay a little more for National. Maybe I'll get to contribute again if the prices get better.

I miss not adding to this thread. With the prices at National lately, I've had to use Alamo. My last trip in October, I rented from Alamo. My price was 1/2 of National. I've been crunching the number for my late January trip and right now I've again am booked with Alamo for ($175 total 10 days). The same rental with National is over double. I keep my fingers crossed that there might be some last minute drops (though there were none in October even up to the last day). I would even pay a little more for National. Maybe I'll get to contribute again if the prices get better.

I had a reservation with National for $245, and 10 days or so before we left I checked again. With our Emerald Club and AARP discount, it went down to $108. (We picked up in Ft Lauderdale and dropped off in Southwest Regional, 5 day rental).
Not Orlando, but in Ft Lauderdale: A bunch of Chevys (Impalas? Malibus?), 2 Altimas (we chose one of these), and a few Toyotas (Avalon). I did ask if there was any small SUVs and the guy told me I would've had to upgrade my rental. Not complaining; the Altima was awesome!

Hiya everyone,

N2mm, I hear that. I was getting crazy numbers too > but, used a code from work and it was about what we usually get. So went with that.
Maybe they are really pushing for a more "professional clientel??"

NJMom47, For some reason > MCO is always more than other locations. :confused3

Happy hunting.......

And Happy Holidays...............

mky :wizard:

Hiya everyone,

N2mm, I hear that. I was getting crazy numbers too > but, used a code from work and it was about what we usually get. So went with that.
Maybe they are really pushing for a more "professional clientel??"

NJMom47, For some reason > MCO is always more than other locations. :confused3

Happy hunting.......

And Happy Holidays...............

mky :wizard:

I was trying so hard to get a good rate...I was def concerned because it was not a full week rental, and pickup/dropoff were different places. I was so happy when my rate dropped that much though, I honestly had tried all types of discount codes to see what I could get, and was super surprised when I checked again and it had dropped that much! :cool1:

I'm picking up my car on Wednesday jan 2 in the morning. Do you think I'll have any luck finding an SUV?

I'm picking up my car on Wednesday jan 2 in the morning. Do you think I'll have any luck finding an SUV?

My bet is limited luck. It's a very busy time at MCO. Possibly if they have a lot of returns ready they might put something out there but..

If you need an SUV rent one in advance. Walk up rates are high and often lead to hysteria in the parking lot (Trust me I have seen hysteria occur both at MCO and at John Wayne in California when the family with two tons of luggage realizes they won't fit in a midsize and National gives them the "upgrade price" )

Thanks Orange County Commuter. I ended up making two reservations. One for emerald aisle/exec and one for emerald/reserve an hour later. The reserve price is a lot higher--hopefully I won't need it. Do you think having two reservations so close together will be okay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter