2012 "What's on National's Emerald Aisle?"

I'm so glad I stumbled across this thread. I asked DH was level he is with National and he tells me he is Executive. Helllloooo, I have been trying to find a good deal on a car for quite some time and he never mentioned it. :rotfl:He travels with work.

There will be 5 of us traveling. Three adults and two 17 year olds. Luggage will be a issue. We might rent a vehicle and if we can't fit all the luggage DH will take a taxi with excess that cannot fit.

I have just checked the rates with National and the price for two weeks 17 - 31 Jul, for the mid-size, where we can pick from the Executive aisle, is still over $800 :confused3 Ouch. Anyone got any clues on if the rates will go down?

Also if anyone can provide an update on what vehicles have been on the Executive aisle lately, I would appreciate it. Thanks :thumbsup2

P.S. I know 5 in a car is a little bit if a squeeze but we will only be using it for trips to the mall our out to eat, that type of thing.

If DH is the "Executive" and you want to take advantage of that.. He needs to rent the car.. which means the reservation has to be in his name and he has to drive it out of the lot. Keep that in mind before you send him off with the luggage!

Now.. does he collect rental credits for his executive? If so, have him log in and see how many he has. You might have a great deal. (I rarely pay in Orlando and have used those credits for Luxury and other cars...)

The exec. aisle lately has been a mix of full size cars and some suvs and some mini vans. BUT, you are coming at a very busy time, so, I would not bank on anything but a full size car. Our full size cars hold 5 without too much trouble. As to rates, I don't have any insight on that. Busy times=high rates. Keep on checking.

Thanks gmeh1 :hug:

If DH is the "Executive" and you want to take advantage of that.. He needs to rent the car.. which means the reservation has to be in his name and he has to drive it out of the lot. Keep that in mind before you send him off with the luggage!

Now.. does he collect rental credits for his executive? If so, have him log in and see how many he has. You might have a great deal. (I rarely pay in Orlando and have used those credits for Luxury and other cars...)

Thanks OCC - I was having a senior moment on who will need to drive the car off the lot. The nice part is that he gets to have 4 additional drivers :thumbsup2

Checked with DH he collects air miles with National. I have to share - we used our sky miles with Southwest for flights to Orlando and paid $7.50 for the 3 of us. Coming back we got Delta's pay with Skymiles and paid $72.00 for the three tickets. I got $100 off each ticket. We will have to pay for a couple of the bags but that's OK for the price.

Thanks OCC - I was having a senior moment on who will need to drive the car off the lot. The nice part is that he gets to have 4 additional drivers :thumbsup2

Checked with DH he collects air miles with National. I have to share - we used our sky miles with Southwest for flights to Orlando and paid $7.50 for the 3 of us. Coming back we got Delta's pay with Skymiles and paid $72.00 for the three tickets. I got $100 off each ticket. We will have to pay for a couple of the bags but that's OK for the price.

4 add. drivers? WOW!!! Just make sure they fall into the add. guidelines for free add. drivers. Have a great time. Good job on the airfares!!!

So I am flying to MCO and will be renting a vehicle from National and I really want something nice. Do they have caddy's or something super nice?:cool1:

I have stuck with the free rental cars.. and I am finding it much easier to get cheap air and cheap hotels lately then good deals on rental cars!:confused:

(And just another "FYI... tickets purchased with Skymiles don't get FF miles which is why generally the advice is that if you have a frequent flyer, like maybe DH, not to use miles to buy his ticket and use them all on everyone else)

I have stuck with the free rental cars.. and I am finding it much easier to get cheap air and cheap hotels lately then good deals on rental cars!:confused:

(And just another "FYI... tickets purchased with Skymiles don't get FF miles which is why generally the advice is that if you have a frequent flyer, like maybe DH, not to use miles to buy his ticket and use them all on everyone else)

DH has now changed his National preference to rental credits. So hopefully next year we can use them for a rental car. We both get miles. I mainly business travel on Southwest, and I have a Delta Skymiles American Express CC. DH typically flys Delta for his Business travel. We don't aim to get FF miles for our vacation travel. I can't get get rental car credits with my travel. I work for the Federal Gov't and when we get a rental car it is always the cheapest car - it could be any company.

I found a coupon for Budget and secured a mini van for $250 a week before taxes, it's the best I have found so far for our dates. Details are on the July rental car thread. I'll keep looking - would prefer National but will go with the best price.

So I am flying to MCO and will be renting a vehicle from National and I really want something nice. Do they have caddy's or something super nice?:cool1:

Yes we have Caddys, but not on the EA or Exec. They are a luxury car and needs to be booked as such.

Yes we have Caddys, but not on the EA or Exec. They are a luxury car and needs to be booked as such.

And if you don't see what you like on the National Luxury Aisle, ask for it

I was told by a rep working the National side thar "we hide the luxury cars over on Alamo since Executive Members keep taking them". (I know our personal rep says that is not true, but it is what I was told and the evidence seems to be that the last two times I rented Luxury in MCO the selection was one car)

And if you don't see what you like on the National Luxury Aisle, ask for it

I was told by a rep working the National side thar "we hide the luxury cars over on Alamo since Executive Members keep taking them". (I know our personal rep says that is not true, but it is what I was told and the evidence seems to be that the last two times I rented Luxury in MCO the selection was one car)

We don't hide them per se, but, it is true, the Exec. Elite do keep on taking them. We do keep most of the luxury cars on the Alamo side. Another reason we keep a small inventory is because we simply don't have the room or the call for them. The same applies to the Premiums and converts. My comment that we don't hide them stems from the fact that on B side, the executive aisle faces the Premium selection for Alamo. We also keep the BIG vans on A side on the Alamo side, again, the space factor.
But, you are totally correct, if you don't see something you like on any row, let the rep. know. We do try to accomodate whenever possible. I don't like that you were told we "hide" them. I am hoping the rep. was joking. We don't. We just keep them in a different spot. Also, Enterprise uses them also. Last night "B"side we had 4 Lux. cars and 3 Premiums, 3 Converts, One BIG van, some SUV's, lots of full size, compact and mid size cars. Not one renter rented a Prem. Lux or Convert. I will not address what was on the EA or Exec. aisle as it changed constantly.

We don't hide them per se, but, it is true, the Exec. Elite do keep on taking them. We do keep most of the luxury cars on the Alamo side. Another reason we keep a small inventory is because we simply don't have the room or the call for them. The same applies to the Premiums and converts. My comment that we don't hide them stems from the fact that on B side, the executive aisle faces the Premium selection for Alamo.

Executive elite does not entitle you to a luxury car, correct? Just a guaranteed full size?

I just joined Emerald Club and reserved a car for July at the Dolphin. I used the Emerald Club number but I don`t see the number on the reservation. How do I confirm that my number was accepted?

Does the Club card allow me to select any car in the Emerald Isle even if it is a higher level? Does this also apply at the Dolphin?

I just joined Emerald Club and reserved a car for July at the Dolphin. I used the Emerald Club number but I don`t see the number on the reservation. How do I confirm that my number was accepted?

Does the Club card allow me to select any car in the Emerald Isle even if it is a higher level? Does this also apply at the Dolphin?

If you signed in via the Emerald Club sign in area, your number was recorded. There is no Emerald Aisle at the Dolphin, they will assign you a car. What size did you reserve? They mainly have Emerald Aisles at airports. At the airport if you have rented a midslze car, you can select any vehicle from the Emerald Aisle section regardless of the class of the vehicle. There is a list of Emerald Aisle locations on the web site.

If you signed in via the Emerald Club sign in area, your number was recorded. There is no Emerald Aisle at the Dolphin, they will assign you a car. What size did you reserve? They mainly have Emerald Aisles at airports. At the airport if you have rented a midslze car, you can select any vehicle from the Emerald Aisle section regardless of the class of the vehicle. There is a list of Emerald Aisle locations on the web site.

I didn't realize there is an Emerald Club sign in area, that explains why my number wasn't recorded on the reservation.

I reserved a mid size. What are the odds of getting a minivan at the airport in the Emerald Aisle?

I didn't realize there is an Emerald Club sign in area, that explains why my number wasn't recorded on the reservation.

I reserved a mid size. What are the odds of getting a minivan at the airport in the Emerald Aisle?

If you need a minivan reserve it. Odds are not really relevant. Because, as with most aspects of travel, there is a built in stress factor. That means that if you really need a minivan or SUV the aisle will only have midsizes or convertibles. Of course, the opposite is really true. When it is just 2 of you on a romantic weekend..aisle will be full of minivans.

It is on the first page of their web site. It says: Emerald Club login. You have to put in your login and password. If you have not created one, you can do it right there. In the "not a member? Enroll now" area. Just click on it.

As to the odds in July for a mini van? I would not count on it. If you need a mini van, you need to book one.

If you need a minivan reserve it. Odds are not really relevant. Because, as with most aspects of travel, there is a built in stress factor. That means that if you really need a minivan or SUV the aisle will only have midsizes or convertibles. Of course, the opposite is really true. When it is just 2 of you on a romantic weekend..aisle will be full of minivans.

LOL, good examples and pretty much true.

Quick report. A side only

Today (July 28th) 3 PM or so...

Aisle Cars only, your basic stuff Malibu, etc..
Executive Cars only. LOTS of Camrys one Avalon, a couple of Chargers

NO SUVs or minivans on either aisle for Side A

OK, I'm sure this is repetitive for those who follow this closely, but I'm unsure which way to go with our reservation.

2 adults, 2 small and 1 medium teen plus luggage

Do I risk a EA reservation? I'm pretty confidant we could fit into a full size(Impala?) car with our stuff. I'm a little nervous about if it would be possible in a midsize.

My luck I book a full size (or bigger) and there one sits on EA. Or I book EA and there are nothing but midsize and we can't fit all the luggage!

Help!!!

Tammy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter