2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival *HAS ENDED*

this is our first adult only trip , arriving on my Bday oct 11th , soooo excited to see Smash mouth , and have adult time , kids own enough of Disney , I agree that it would be a shame to lose the vibe ....

Agreed. I guess we'll see what kind of impact it makes, if any, on the World Showcase's demographic this fall. I won't be in a corner grumbling about how EPCOT is no place for children (at least not out loud), but I do hope the efforts to include kids don't alter the Festival's vibe too much.

My DH and I feel the same way...

Whew! I'm relieved. Thanks for explaining. I think the fruit juice, smoothie ideas in the World Showcase are great. :goodvibes

I am actually really excited to hear about the addition of more non-booze drinks. Not everyone one can drink booze, so it is nice to have an option. While I do enjoy a drink here and there during Food and Wine, I have to watch how much I drink due to a medical condition. So, as long as they don't reduce OTHER options (as it IS a Food and WINE Festival), adding more options that don't have alcohol in them is actually a good idea. I would bet many of them will sell well... and not just to kids.

I wish I was going this year, but I will live through all those who are. I will be there next year though!

This will be our first year going to F&W, will be at WDW Oct 14-20, and am so excited. I just read the blog and the one thing that I'm kindof disappointed about is the lamb meatball. I LOVE lamb and seen that last year they had a lamb slider but are changing it this year to a meatball. A meatball come on. It better be a nice sized one. lol. I figure they probably change like this all the time but I really wanted one. lol

This will be our first year going to F&W, will be at WDW Oct 14-20, and am so excited. I just read the blog and the one thing that I'm kindof disappointed about is the lamb meatball. I LOVE lamb and seen that last year they had a lamb slider but are changing it this year to a meatball. A meatball come on. It better be a nice sized one. lol. I figure they probably change like this all the time but I really wanted one. lol

I love lamb too, but I thought the slider was kind of gross. It came with a chutney that was sickly sweet. I hope the meatball will be better.

I love lamb too, but I thought the slider was kind of gross. It came with a chutney that was sickly sweet. I hope the meatball will be better.

I agree with this, the lamb slider was a bit of a let down. The mushroom filet in Canada sounds tasty provided that it is not cooked well done.

This will be our first year going to F&W, will be at WDW Oct 14-20, and am so excited. I just read the blog and the one thing that I'm kindof disappointed about is the lamb meatball. I LOVE lamb and seen that last year they had a lamb slider but are changing it this year to a meatball.

Oh, no! DH is going to be sooo disappointed. He loved the lamb slider. Regarding this blog, could someone please point me to it? How do I subscribe to get it reguarly?

Oh, no! DH is going to be sooo disappointed. He loved the lamb slider. Regarding this blog, could someone please point me to it? How do I subscribe to get it reguarly?

We loved the lamb slider, too. We're not worried about the meatball, it's from the New Zealand booth, it's a lamb meatball and it's to be served with tomato chutney. Sounds it's basically the same thing only without the bun. Edited to add: I don't remember the chutney ever being "sweet" as mentioned above. We both thought it was quite tomatoey...if that's a word. Maybe it depended on who was mixing the chutney that day. :)

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/...ne-festival-news-menu-items-events-and-chefs/

So excited! My BFand I will be heading down with a nice group of friends for a Adults only weekend at the F&W festival! This will be the first time fo rmost of us and my tastebuds are already excited and chomping at the bit to get there!

You are better off with the lamb chop. I think that is Australia's booth. That is if it is back (probably will be). I seem to remember it getting good reviews last year.

Has anyone done 3D? We are thinking about doing it but are not sure if it is everything some of the bloggers make it out to be.

I did the 3D Dessert Party once and feel no need to do it again, but dessert is not my favorite thing.

For those looking for info from the Disney Food Blog, links to their Festival pages are in the first post.

I found the Slider last year to be quite gross also. Sounds like this years offering will actually be the same ground lamb & chutney as was in the slider last year, yuck. I liked it much better a few years ago when it was actually slices of lamb on the slider bun. I won't be trying the "Meatball".

On another note I just realized yesterday that I will be at Disneyland on Aug 14 when the special events go on sale. Guess I'll be getting up at 4AM PDT again just like last year.

I know the booking for F&W events begins on 8/14, but does anyone have any idea when the events will actually be announced? Is it before 8/14?

The info is slowly starting to surface. We usually have a good idea of almost everything by about a week before the events go on sale. Just keep checking this thread & the Disney Food Blog for info.

Has anyone done 3D? We are thinking about doing it but are not sure if it is everything some of the bloggers make it out to be.

I did it last year. I enjoyed it but I found I "ran out room" quickly. There's only so much dessert you can eat at one time, at least for me. There were some fresh fruit options. I dont think I'll do it again this year.

Joining the thread to follow along... DH and I are going in October. We really enjoyed F&W last year and are looking forward to going back.

I did it last year. I enjoyed it but I found I "ran out room" quickly. There's only so much dessert you can eat at one time, at least for me. There were some fresh fruit options. I dont think I'll do it again this year.

I felt the same as you after trying the Dessert Party. We did it two years ago. It was really hot when we were there and I found I couldn't really enjoy too much of it. Too much sweetness in a small amount of time. I did take advantage of some of the cheese selection but I probably should have had it before I started on the desserts. The choices were yummy but I don't think this is an event we would attend again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter