2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival *HAS ENDED*

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by TDC Nala, May 22, 2012.

1. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

No the trays we are talking about are designed for scooters. We live close to DLR and drive in for the F&W event. We designed these trays for Taste which happens the last weekend of DCA F&W. It is the equivalent of PFTS in CA and happens only one night at the end of the festival since most of the people who attend the CA event are locals. We could drive in and not have to worry about luggage onboard a plane. My partner can not walk distances and I can not stand for long periods of time so this worked for us. She could use her scooter for something like the Wine View Lounge while I could use the table. We built them from wood and edging at Home Depot and used a planter support as the mounting element. She was quite ingenious in designing them. We strap them on with multiple zip ties and they work quite well. If we can't have a dedicated space then we both use the scooters with the tray tables. They are a little difficult to navigate with, but make it possible for us to attend these sorts of "tasting events".

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

And that interview clears up the mystery about the three tiers:

And it also states there will be no French Regional Lunches at all this year. Italy is going to be hosting lunches, though. The Healthy Living dinner will be returning, which is really no great surprise as it sold out last year.

5. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

Hmm.. I had planned on Wine View, but... may just go for reserved seating.

And I have a winner for "new addition that sounds gross"

"Nesquick Froth,&#8221; a light, airy Nesquick smoothie, at the Desserts and Champagne Booth (guests can choose from chocolate or strawberry)"

Do like the Wednesday tours with the chefs. May try to book that during my week.

6. TDC Nala

I don't think it sounds so hot either, my guess is that this is one of the options that is being added primarily to appeal to children. There was some preliminary stuff going around that said they would be trying to include more "child-friendly" offerings.

7. dgbg100106

dgbg100106 Missing the Tag Fiary

One of the things I loved about F&W was that it was geared for Adults.

8. SamSam

SamSam http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Oh, no! The French Regional Lunches were my favorite event the past couple of years, sorry to see them unavailable this year.

9. OrangeCountyCommuter

And the truth is
    No matter what they do this is not going to be a "kid friendly" event. Strange food, adult beverages etc.

Sometimes Disney just has to "fix" what isn't broken!

10. 4orm

4orm <font color=deeppink>Disney bride dreaming of buyi

I read it - but what about the BEER? Sure there will be a tap at the FL booth but what about events or a booth all to itself? I need specialty beer to bribe my husband with!

11. TDC Nala

Marianne did say they will be back next year. They are not being offered because Bistro de Paris will be undergoing renovation.

12. 4orm

4orm <font color=deeppink>Disney bride dreaming of buyi

And call me crazy but how is that drink even kid friendly? Not to go all nutty but refined sugar is really the last thing a growing child needs. Happy that they'll have some organic juices and wine though. Give my kid some juice so I can go to town on the cheese soup!

13. gwynne

gwynne Be always blooming

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the pluses of the PFTS becoming kiddie friendly. It's a unique, amazing party for adults. :thumbsup2

14. TDC Nala

If WDW got enough complaints about "nothing for the kids to try or do" then I can see them responding. The idea wasn't to make PFTS kiddie friendly - the new smoothie is being served at the dessert kiosk in World Showcase, not at PFTS. I think OCC may have been referring to the festival as a whole. They are supposedly going to begin introducing non-alcoholic smoothies and fruit juices at the kiosks, for children.

On the other hand, this is the same Disney management that decided they needed a preschool character meal, maybe they just got around to messing with the Festival.

15. gwynne

gwynne Be always blooming

Whew! I'm relieved. Thanks for explaining. I think the fruit juice, smoothie ideas in the World Showcase are great. :goodvibes

16. OrangeCountyCommuter

I don't think they are trying with PFTS either. Thier solution there was to add that "healthy eating" event.

However, I think this could backfire. First they got complaints F&W wasn't family friendly. So they make it "friendly" Anyone want to guess what the next complaint will be... my bet is on "there were too many drunks" Look darling watch the folks drink themselves silly, it will be a learning event! :) :woohoo:

17. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

18. CupcakeLisa

CupcakeLisa Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if Sweet Sundays will be happening again this year?

19. SamSam

SamSam http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Thanks, that's what thought, but it's nice to know they will be back next year. :goodvibes

20. Sweet Melissa

Sweet Melissa DIS Veteran

Agreed. I guess we'll see what kind of impact it makes, if any, on the World Showcase's demographic this fall. I won't be in a corner grumbling about how EPCOT is no place for children (at least not out loud), but I do hope the efforts to include kids don't alter the Festival's vibe too much.

21. robinbutterfly

robinbutterfly DIS Veteran

Well personally I am thrilled they are making it more "kid friendly". I have never been to it before, so I am not sure exactly what that means. My kids favorite park has always been Epcot, and I am sure they are going to love it even more after we go to the F and W festival!