2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival *HAS ENDED*

Eve, you will be fine in nice park clothes at the Italian lunch. We usually do something a little nicer than shorts and tank tops!

PFTS you will see everything. You do want to be comfortable. DH has worn dockers and a button front shirt, I usually wear my chicos travel pants with a sparkly top. Black, of course.

I have been to WDW around when the F&W Festival was going on, but never really participated before.

What are the portion sizes like for the dishes at the kiosks? And what have the prices been like for those over the last couple years? Would $30 per person per day on the gift card be an accurate estimate, or should I plan on adding more than that?

Forgot to mention, I don't plan on drinking alcohol. If anything, I may have one drink. But I have to drive, so no Drink Around the World for me.

I have been to WDW around when the F&W Festival was going on, but never really participated before.

What are the portion sizes like for the dishes at the kiosks? And what have the prices been like for those over the last couple years? Would $30 per person per day on the gift card be an accurate estimate, or should I plan on adding more than that?

Forgot to mention, I don't plan on drinking alcohol. If anything, I may have one drink. But I have to drive, so no Drink Around the World for me.

Here is a link to all the food offered last year as well as the prices.

http://allears.net/tp/ep/fw11/2011-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-international-marketplaces.htm

Photos here: http://allears.net/tp/ep/fw11/2011-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-photos-2.htm

$30 pp without alcohol might just do it!

crazy4wdw, thanks for the link to the good laugh! But that guy cutting the apples is no chef!

My trip is soooo far away, not getting there until Halloween. Looking forward to hearing the reports.

Does anyone know more info about this? Is this something new this year? Sounds like it could be interesting! :)

Relax in the Chase Lounge at the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase.1

As a Disney's Visa® Cardmember, you'll receive access to this private location, reserved exclusively for Chase debit and credit Cardmembers, during the Epcot®*International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase. The Festival runs from September 28 to November 12, 2012.
The Chase Lounge gives you and your Guests a chance to rest and relax during the Festival. Also enjoy a refreshing beverage during your visit.
The Lounge is located on the second floor of the Festival Center at Epcot® and is open 9am – 7pm each day during the Festival.
Present your Disney's Visa Card to gain access to the Lounge. (Epcot® admission is required.)
Be sure to visit the Lounge to find out about special benefits you can receive throughout the Festival.
Experience a world of fine cuisine at the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase.
See the World Showcase transform into a food-lover's paradise, with over 25 regional marketplaces, offering a sumptuous selection of ethnic and regional dishes. Explore the cuisine, culture and entertainment from more than two-dozen countries and six continents. You may also experience culinary demonstrations, nightly musical performances and so much more.
Plus, as a Cardmember, you can enjoy amazing Theme Park perks every day at the Walt Disney World® Resort. To learn more about your year-round perks, click here.

Does anyone know more info about this? Is this something new this year? Sounds like it could be interesting! :)

Relax in the Chase Lounge at the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase.1

As a Disney's Visa® Cardmember, you'll receive access to this private location, reserved exclusively for Chase debit and credit Cardmembers, during the Epcot®*International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase. The Festival runs from September 28 to November 12, 2012.
The Chase Lounge gives you and your Guests a chance to rest and relax during the Festival. Also enjoy a refreshing beverage during your visit.
The Lounge is located on the second floor of the Festival Center at Epcot® and is open 9am – 7pm each day during the Festival.
Present your Disney's Visa Card to gain access to the Lounge. (Epcot® admission is required.)
Be sure to visit the Lounge to find out about special benefits you can receive throughout the Festival.
Experience a world of fine cuisine at the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase.
See the World Showcase transform into a food-lover's paradise, with over 25 regional marketplaces, offering a sumptuous selection of ethnic and regional dishes. Explore the cuisine, culture and entertainment from more than two-dozen countries and six continents. You may also experience culinary demonstrations, nightly musical performances and so much more.
Plus, as a Cardmember, you can enjoy amazing Theme Park perks every day at the Walt Disney World® Resort. To learn more about your year-round perks, click here.

This sounds pretty cool :) Where did you find the info??

haven't heard about this, but i'm excited!

Where did you hear about this?

The Chase Lounge gives you and your Guests a chance to rest and relax during the Festival.

Thanks for posting this info! :thumbsup2

I'll have to check it out during my upcoming October trip.

:thanks: for posting above info.

:thanks: for posting above info.

Never use my DIsney card....but it will be in the backpack this trip!!:cool1:
Thanks!!!

Another question???
If you buy a bottle of wine at one of the Disney stores (Boardwalk) can you drink it the boardwalk on one of their tables??? We've always just had a glass on our patio, but it would be nice to be able to enjoy it on the boardwalk in the evening... Just asking???

Never use my DIsney card....but it will be in the backpack this trip!!:cool1:
Thanks!!!

Another question???
If you buy a bottle of wine at one of the Disney stores (Boardwalk) can you drink it the boardwalk on one of their tables??? We've always just had a glass on our patio, but it would be nice to be able to enjoy it on the boardwalk in the evening... Just asking???

Hi, what card do you use? Sorry if that seems inappropriate, but we love accumulating the points on our Disney card towards our next vacation.

As for the wine on the boardwalk, I don't know. Wondering if you went back to your room, opened and poured it into a non glass container, if anyone would question you.

pixiedust:

Hi, what card do you use? Sorry if that seems inappropriate, but we love accumulating the points on our Disney card towards our next vacation.

As for the wine on the boardwalk, I don't know. Wondering if you went back to your room, opened and poured it into a non glass container, if anyone would question you.

pixiedust:

Not inappropriate at all....We use a Bank Of America 1,2,3 Visa Rewards. (1% everything, 2% groceries, 3% fuel) When I accumlate $25 it posts atomatically to my "vacation checking accont"
Funny, When I looked for my DIsney card this afternoon it had expired.... went on line and re-applied....now I will get a $50 credit when I use it the first time...
I think the non glass container would work??? As long as we are not obvious..
16 more sleeps!!!:banana:

Interesting question. I don't know the answer but I know there are rules against taking an alcoholic beverage off the premises at some places. For example, if you buy a beer at the Rose & Crown in Epcot intending to enjoy it on the way back to the BWI/BWV they will stop you at the Epcot turnstiles. If you buy a beer at the Big River Grille on the boardwalk, you cannot take it off the premises. So does that mean you are not allowed to sit on one of the benches along the boardwalk with an alcoholic beverage that you brought from your room? I don't know. If it is allowed, I agree that they wouldn't want any glass containers.

I also can't recall any tables out on the boardwalk other than the ones that are part of The Big River Grille. There are several benches but I don't recall seeing any tables but then again I never needed one so maybe I just never noticed them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter