2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival *HAS ENDED*

How exciting! We will definitely be looking to book one of the Italian Regional Luncheons.... fits perfectly in our schedule.:thumbsup2

I think we're going to skip PFTS this year, it was the only night we could work in a Bistro de Paris dinner and I'm just not willing to give it up.:sad2:

Don't know when you're going, but it's out that Bistro will likely be closed for renovations through October.

Don't know when you're going, but it's out that Bistro will likely be closed for renovations through October.

Where is that information coming from? I just called Reservations and they told me no, our reservations are still there, and BdP is only closed through 9/30??:confused3

With snack credits already being accepted at the kiosks and now "more child-friendly drinks" does anyone think there's a possibility that they might start allowing quick service credits to be used at the kiosks as well? Two items + a drink = 1 QS meal!

Where is that information coming from? I just called Reservations and they told me no, our reservations are still there, and BdP is only closed through 9/30??:confused3

You should be prepared for the possibility that your reservation might be cancelled in the future. When the word came out that there would be no French Regional Lunches at all this year, apparently because the restaurant would not be available to hold them, there was some indication that the renovation would proceed beyond 9/30 although we don't now know how much beyond. There are some reports of guests with Bistro reservations being contacted and offered a move to Chefs de France, although I don't know the timing on those.

With snack credits already being accepted at the kiosks and now "more child-friendly drinks" does anyone think there's a possibility that they might start allowing quick service credits to be used at the kiosks as well? Two items + a drink = 1 QS meal!

The portions are too small to be considered a meal, so no, I don't see them accepting CS credits.

You should be prepared for the possibility that your reservation might be cancelled in the future. When the word came out that there would be no French Regional Lunches at all this year, apparently because the restaurant would not be available to hold them, there was some indication that the renovation would proceed beyond 9/30 although we don't now know how much beyond. There are some reports of guests with Bistro reservations being contacted and offered a move to Chefs de France, although I don't know the timing on those.

Thank you for the clarification. :thumbsup2

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Disney does push out beyond 9/30, but I suppose we haven't be affected yet due to our ADR being on the 20th of Oct.

We shall see. I certainly wouldn't do a dinner at Chefs though, it's a completely different style from Bistro! :goodvibes

If so, it should be relatively easy to grab a reservation to Party for the Senses...I think.

What is the advantage of the Wine View Lounge if a reserved seating tier also lets you in early, gets you a seat and offers a specialty cocktail?

The Wine View Lounge has a) waiter/waitress service; b) a full, open bar (both wine and top shelf mixed drinks); and c) an additional appetizer creation in past years. It does not sound as if the reserved seating section has any of these additional options.

This is my next major decision.... I was planning on Wine View, but $100 more may push me to the "reserved" tier.

This question comes up and Disney has never allowed it. It's not as easy as it sounds so don't expect it to happen.

If so, it should be relatively easy to grab a reservation to Party for the Senses...I think.

That's what I thought... until I got locked out last year. This year 8/14 at 7, if you want one of the reserved seating or Wine View seats...

I don't think any of them sold out last year except for the Wine View room. If you wanted regular admission you could buy them last minute. This year, though, some space is going away to provide for the assigned seating and we don't know how much. I don't plan to book mine at 7 on 8/14, I'm going with the smaller capacity events for the phone call and will book that one online later (assuming they have online booking for PFTS again).

I agree, if you know you want wine view or reserved seating you would probably be better off booking sooner, not later.

I don't think any of them sold out last year except for the Wine View room. If you wanted regular admission you could buy them last minute. This year, though, some space is going away to provide for the assigned seating and we don't know how much. I don't plan to book mine at 7 on 8/14, I'm going with the smaller capacity events for the phone call and will book that one online later (assuming they have online booking for PFTS again).

I agree, if you know you want wine view or reserved seating you would probably be better off booking sooner, not later.

One did... I just can't remember which week because it was the week I wanted to go. First I missed the Wine View and then when I waited to book the entire thing was gone. Maybe it was Columbus day weekend? (Or at least that's what the clueless Cast Member told me)

I don't do the seminars anymore and not that many of the small events appeal or work with my schedule so this is my "special' event for Food & Wine. That's why last year I was splurging on the Wine View lounge.

My wife and I will be attending our first F&W festival! We WILL concentrate on it during weekdays and visit the other parks on the weekends.
I wish the Food Network would be involved instead of HGTV. I would gladly see any of their stars.

The Food Network will be involved with next years Flower and Garden :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I agree 100%, no, it's not all about the "Stars", but the Food Network would just naturally go hand & hand with Food and Wine Fest. My DH's "hero" is Alton Brown, it'd be so cool if he did a demo!! I personally like the idea of celebrity chefs doing demos...I wish Paula would come one year instead of Jamie!!

I think we'd like to do the PFTS...but now to decide whether its worth the extra money for the wine view or if reserved seating is good enough. I really like the idea of having a spot to sit.... I have never been to the festival before or PTFS, but if its anything like similar events I have gone too if its not assigned some people will hog/save/aggressively refuse to share.

I read on another thread that DVC and AP holders can make reservations two days earlier than others....anyone else hear of this?

Anyone have experience with the Party of the Senses? Is the table situation so bad that you would NEED a reserved table? Also, the entry fee includes all food and all drinks and the entertainment, right?

the entry fee includes all food and all drinks and the entertainment, right?

For the category you book.

Apparently, the higher categories get extras - some drinks and food the lower categories don't get. Special cocktails, open bar, one special appetizer for the wine view room. In the past, I heard the wine view room had its own cheese table, but I have never used it so I don't know if the cheeses were different from those offered outside the room.

Although the party was intended as a "cocktail party" style event where people walk around and stop to taste things, it's become obvious that guests prefer to stake out a table. If you don't claim your own table, you may or may not be prevented from using one by parties who have staked out the table as their own and wont' allow others to use it. Disney won't force them to allow others to use the table.

For the category you book.

Apparently, the higher categories get extras - some drinks and food the lower categories don't get. Special cocktails, open bar, one special appetizer for the wine view room. In the past, I heard the wine view room had its own cheese table, but I have never used it so I don't know if the cheeses were different from those offered outside the room.

Although the party was intended as a "cocktail party" style event where people walk around and stop to taste things, it's become obvious that guests prefer to stake out a table. If you don't claim your own table, you may or may not be prevented from using one by parties who have staked out the table as their own and wont' allow others to use it. Disney won't force them to allow others to use the table.

We're aiming to be there October 6th. DH is strongly considering WVL, however if we decide to go with basic tix, anyone is welcome to join us at any table we end up at! The more the merrier!:cool1:

We went to the very last PFTS last year and did not have a reserved seat. We got there early to line up to get in and went towards the back and easily found a table for the two of us, the table sat six though. Cast members were walking around and finding seats for people at tables where not all the seats were taken. We had four other people eventually sit with us and enjoyed their company. We did not see anyone not able to find a seat and cast members were even bringing in some extra high tables (no chairs) to accommodate people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter