2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival *HAS ENDED*

Question for the pros-

We are planning to go Oct 4 -7 and want to stay at a Value resort this year.

Which one is best Disney transportation wise?

I know Pop is closer, but is the bus any quicker? Is it shared with any other resorts?

If we go with the All Stars, which ones is best transportation wise?

So many decisions to make - and 3D dates haven't even been released yet! :rotfl:

Thanks!

Pop! It doesn't share a bus route with any other resorts, even AoA. However, since it is such a big resort the buses fill up kind of fast, but that's it!

For #1: When you get a dining plan, you get a total number of dining credits, be they Table, Quick Service, or Snack. Let's say you're there for three nights, and you get one snack credit per night of stay... that means you have 3 snack credits. You can use them however you life... either all on your first, last, or any day in between. Another thing to note is that it is per reservation, so if you have two adults that's 6 credits, to use however you like.

As for #2.... do you want the humanly possible (maybe....) or the safe answer? Even outside of F&W, it's hard to drink around the world in one visit. The only time we ever did it we took a full day and shared drinks. With all the added booths, I'd say not only is it pretty difficult, it's downright dangerous to try.:smokin:

thanks for the clarification about dining credits! :flower3:

i've done drinking around the world previously and had no problem. we were done with the whole park (including drinking around the world) about 6-7 hours. it was probably easier to do because it was raining really badly that day and was pretty empty. thanks for the advice though! :wave2:

Hey I was there July 5. I got February 29th stuff and one of those Epcot world showcase drinks tee shirts that some executive supposedly pulled out of the park because they thought it was not appropriate. They had Flower and Garden stuff too. So if you want reduced festival items and can get to the outlet...visit in the spring.
The last weekend of the festival, they will mark down the Festival-specific items that are still available in the park.

You can also check disneystore.com after the festival is over. Last year, I purchased several F&W t-shirts at a discount.

We're thinking of going in the same time frame since it's my fall break. Our "Home" resort is All Star Sports. We haven't gone in October before, but in peak times we've rarely shared buses because Sports could fill up a bus on its own. We're waiting on the discounts though. Military, AP or GP rates have to be coming out soon.

i was just on the phone yesterday with disney, asking about the dining promotion, and the rep told me he expects them to extend the military salutes package. he says they did it last year, so it thinks it will happen again. he said maybe they will announce it in the beginning of september. not sure if that was the military discount you were talking about though. :confused3

I'm getting excited! :cool1: My first F&W experience. Gals trip. No kids. Taking them in a few weeks. October 3-8th. 3 nights at Kidani and 2 at OKW. :hourglass

Love the merch! I'm going for the last 3 days of the festival so i don't have high hopes for much.
I would love a vinyl and the spoon rest and wine glasses of course!! I think I have to have the Mickey pin as well, I can't wait to see the cranberry bog.

I am hoping to do a few deminars, My DD is 13 and loves to cook and watches the Food Network all the time. So we are going and leaving the boys to the hotel or other rides. I really hope they let me have her wine, she doesn't want it after all:rotfl:

Anyday now Disney! We need schedules (I need a smilie of a tapping foot)

Can't wait to go again this year. My daughter has been making this her annual birthday trip (she's turning 23). I was really hoping the guest chef's etc... would be released before the end of my next vaca but it got moved up to this weekend so i'll take it and hopefully book a bounce back for food and wine time :cool1:

There's no set date for the announcement. Booking starts August 14 so it has to be before then, but there was one year where they didn't announce until 3 days before the booking date (remember that, festival fans?)

Last year it was the end of July, so if we're going by last year we have probably about another week to week and a half to wait. There is a "sneak preview" event for TIW members on July 28, possibly some info will be released then, although it's possible even that won't be the full schedule.

Don't know if it's been posted yet, but it looks like the Swan/Dolphin Classic website has been updated with the food and drink offerings for both nights this year's event.

http://www.swandolphinfoodandwineclassic.com/index.html

Thanks for the heads-up. The new site looks slicker but the info is organized less intuitively to me. Based on the chefs' bio section, the Michael Mina rumors might actually be true this year.

WOW!! Now I am really excited. I will be on the phone at 7am on August 14th. Can you use Tables of Wonderland for any of the Food and Wine Special Events?

If it's like the past few years that I've attended, no discounts for the larger events. There was an AP/TiW discount ($2?) for the culinary and beverage demos.

What is the advantage of the Wine View Lounge if a reserved seating tier also lets you in early, gets you a seat and offers a specialty cocktail?

How exciting! We will definitely be looking to book one of the Italian Regional Luncheons.... fits perfectly in our schedule.:thumbsup2

I think we're going to skip PFTS this year, it was the only night we could work in a Bistro de Paris dinner and I'm just not willing to give it up.:sad2:

What is the advantage of the Wine View Lounge if a reserved seating tier also lets you in early, gets you a seat and offers a specialty cocktail?

The Wine View Lounge has a) waiter/waitress service; b) a full, open bar (both wine and top shelf mixed drinks); and c) an additional appetizer creation in past years. It does not sound as if the reserved seating section has any of these additional options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter